collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what will happen to our ponies when we are no longer here?  (Read 4035 times)

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Re: what will happen to our ponies when we are no longer here?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 05:35:37 AM »
I will take them to my grave :snicker:. Buried with ponies  :bateyes:.

Or just tell my sister to sell them... I haven't decided yet ;)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2014, 06:18:51 AM »
I'm not sure.

I'm sure most people would will them away to their kids, but I don't plan on having children.  If my fiance outlives me, then I'm sure he'll know what to do with the ponies, since he's the only person close to me that knows their value and would know how to sell them properly.  One of my best friend's is also a collector, so she would probably be able to handle them as well. 

I've thought about this a lot, but I've never come up with a concrete plan for my collection.  It's a scary thought, but I know that we can be gone in the blink of an eye, so it's definitely something worth thinking about.

I should probably ask my granddad what he plans on doing with his many, many train sets.  He has an amazing collection of train sets in his basement, and even has a little town set up for the trains to pass through.  It's such a beautiful collection and set that I'm sure he has plans for what will happen with all of it once he passes, or is no longer able to do anything with them.  My grandma isn't exactly the best with knowing the value of things or selling, so I'm pretty sure he wouldn't leave it up to her. :lol: At least asking him will give me an idea of the sort of plans I should make for my pony collection.

In any case, I started a spreadsheet for my ponies and their worth and I'm hoping to have it up-to-date by the beginning of next year. 
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 07:00:10 AM »
I actually don't think I'd be that upset by them ending up at a flea market.  That's how I found a bunch of my g1's and I was thrilled, when I think about someone like me stumbling across my pony and doll collection in a booth, priced by someone who had no idea what they were doing and being able to pick up amazing deals?  Well good for them!  There's really no one to leave them to, so that's as good as anything to me!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »
I expect to be buried with a few of them. Haven't decided which. I have no children. HavAcrumpet452 knows that it all are willed to her and she will have to get a bigger house after I pass. Unless she passes first...   :blink:

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »
My boyfriend has a rough idea of what my ponies are worth and would be able to get money back for them, but I have said if I should ever kick the bucket (knock on wood) before we have children of our own, then I want him, and my parents to pick out a special pony as a momento to keep, and the rest to be divyed out between my fellow pony friends here in NL ( he know's how to contact them through my FB just in case XD).

I do worry about this as well, like eventually 100 years down the line where will all of my ponies be, will they have survived the years, will they be split up or destroyed....best not to think too much on it and enjoy them today when we know what's what :)
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 02:51:26 PM »
This topic seems to come up a lot!! For such a group of happy collectors, we sure think about some dark stuff! ;)

Personally, I ascribe to the 'you CAN take it with you' lifestyle, so I will be erecting a massive pyramid in my back yard, and along with the trapdoors and dead-ends leading to spike pits, I will have a pony room!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 02:56:35 PM »
I never really thought about that; I keep my collection small (as in one plastic tote's worth), and pretty much all of them are common figures, mostly G3.  So unless there's some crazy market bubble that forms in the next few decades that makes G3s highly sought after, I have no problem giving them to young family members to play with.  Or just donate them!  :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 03:49:46 PM »
 I was thinking of selling them off before I go or just say to the hell with it and have them all given away to whomever wants them.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 04:02:32 PM »
In reality, it won't matter when we are gone. We can't take the ponies with us. Hopefully there is an afterlife filled with pony goodness, lol.

I'd like my collection to make someone happy, though.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 04:32:29 PM »
Most likely, unless another family member takes them, they'll be sold via yard sales, eBay, or donated to a thrift store.

Offline evilbunnyfoofoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 04:59:35 PM »
Half my family members are Pony Fiends, so I'm assuming they'll split them up. It might end up in a Thunderdome type of death match between my three youngest sisters so I hope I end up in an Afterlife where I can watch them duke it out.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2014, 03:15:43 AM »
I hope mine will find their way into another pony friendly family.  My husband and daughter both know how much I enjoy them and have a good enough idea of their worth to ensure they are not just destroyed.

same for me :)
My daughter and my husband would each pick their favourites and then sell off the others to pay for all kinds of things that will be neccessary.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 03:17:21 AM »
Half my family members are Pony Fiends, so I'm assuming they'll split them up. It might end up in a Thunderdome type of death match between my three youngest sisters so I hope I end up in an Afterlife where I can watch them duke it out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:This made me laugh. What a depressing thread! My boyfreind knows about collectibles.  I think I should write a will. Apparently you can get a cheap version in WH Smith??!! and just fill it in...
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »
My children can keep the ones they want, and sell the rest.  My daughter (age 13) already knows which ones are valuable.

In fact, my daughter has already staked her claim...when she was 6, she asked if she could have my ponies when I die.  Thanks a lot kid!

halicabi

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2014, 08:22:09 AM »
I'd probably try to organise something where they'd go to someone who would appreciate them; none of my friends and family are 'into' ponies so that's out of the window.
Even though they're just toys and my collection is really small, I'd like to know that they're going to a good home after I've snuffed it. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal