collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP why  (Read 1063 times)

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: MLP why
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2014, 12:56:45 PM »
For me it's nostalgia - I grew up with G1's - ponies were my absolute favorite toy as a child.  I never got rid of my childhood ponies, and I turned to collecting quite young - when I was 12 or 13.  I don't consider my childhood as part of collecting because I played with them and didn't think to "collect" them per se, but in the early 90s when I found Tossels at the flea market, that started me on my collecting path!  Every month my mom and I would go to our local flea market, and she would help me hunt for ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2014, 03:33:58 PM »
I only watched the movie after I had the toys so for me I ll be honest and admit it was probably just the popular toy at the time...thats why I had them as a little girl. However they rapidly became my favourite toys. As an adult it was trying to reconnect with childhood memories and nostalgia and a lot of coincidences and happy accidents that brought me to becoming a collector.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SaphTalon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »
Thank you so much for your participation. It might be silly to be happy about this but this confirms my hypothesis. You all have a heart and the argument about whether or not this should become gender neutral was not an attack on us males.

Let me explian:

Your passion for your childhood memories is admirable. To put it point blank I love that about the females in the MLP fandom. I want you to know that even if MLP begins to be neutral in the gender spectrum: no one can take away your little girl childhood. The female Children of 2014/2015 will always have you to look up to and from them to the future of the younger generation. The lessons that Hasbro shows through MLP will always be of value to little girls just as much as it was back then. Today it is to everyone else in the fandom regardless of age or gender.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 04:36:20 PM by Abba »

Offline Darker

• Ouchy Roids Pony
  • Hello there.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 12:50:39 PM »
This guy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He's so awesome.
It is the evil that lies in ourselves that is ever least tolerant of the evil that lies in others.

-Maurice Maeterlinck

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 12:53:24 PM »
G3 reminds me of being a kid. Plus the very pony my username is named from has some of my interests.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal