collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Most Wasteful Packaging you've seen?  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Chi

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Shame on them, mistreating such lovely flowers!
    • View Profile
Re: Most Wasteful Packaging you've seen?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »
This is not my photo, but this was exactly how I received my flash drive.
There was also nothing else in the box.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And the SD Card for my new DS was exactly like this, minus the advertisement!

At least I reuse the box when I sell something, but jeeze this is so overboard.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:42:00 PM by Chi »
Still LF: Blue-haired G2 Ivy..Help me find my childhood friend!
Have you seen her? :awake:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 10:39:53 AM »
Disney Store packaging! I ordered an ornament once and got a huge box :P I don't mind though because I save all the boxes and reuse them either around the house or for shipping things so they don't go to waste :)
My Wish List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »
Amazon frequently will send some TINY little thing that could VERY easily have been tossed into a flat mailer (like a t-shirt or socks) into a BOX complete with air pockets!?  I mean really? The shirt is going to get bruised in shipping ?

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 06:53:46 AM »
Disneystore is notorious for sending HUGE boxes with one small item floating in it with a bit of air pillow to cushion it.  I saw someone post a photo of a small had sized stuffed toy in this giant box with nothing else.  Really wasteful.  Sad thing is, their boxes are also very flimsy and are more likely to get crushed when there is nothing in them but air and a bit of fluff.  So you risk your tiny plush getting lost because the box squishes and pops open!

I second this!!!!! They seriously send HUGE boxes for little items! I bought an Elsa Classic doll and the box was seriously gianormous with toooo much bubble wrap! O____o Like is wombo size the only box they have!??

Offline pony_magick

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 04:06:26 PM »
I agree with the Disneystore!! I once bought a few medium plushies, baby clothes and a couple of adult sized t-shirts and the posted in a huge box. The problem was that I got it sent to a forwarding company thinking it might be cheaper than using Disney's international postage - it wasn't. But it could have been if the company popped the air thingys and downsized the box - it wasn't if anything was breakable.
I am a Dreamer/So a Believer

My want list.

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2014, 04:29:46 PM »
Amazon frequently will send some TINY little thing that could VERY easily have been tossed into a flat mailer (like a t-shirt or socks) into a BOX complete with air pockets!?  I mean really? The shirt is going to get bruised in shipping ?
Yes, the shirt will bruise.
However, this lightbulb will not so we are going to throw it into this box with nothing.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 06:22:02 AM »
Okay from the standpoint of someone who works at a large chain that mails out online orders - we have only X amount of boxes in A amount of sizes.  We are supposed to pick the closest size and pack in it.  Sometimes though we run out of a size and have to ship an order out before we are restocked so we will use a large box.

Many companies work this way, they will keep only x size boxes on hand and what ever they are shipping goes in em. 

Does it make it right, no, is it wasteful, yes but in the streamlined world of sending out many different items, that is how it works.

Now you want to talk wasteful packing, as someone who opens tons of boxes for a living to put out the product, we get things like bids or burp clothes or whatever and each is individually wrapped in a plastic bag, and sometimes those are in one big bag on top of it.  Now that is wasteful.  We do not recycle that plastic, while we do at least bail and send back our cardboard. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Chi

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 07:23:55 AM »
Is there a reason you guys can't recycle the plastic bags? Are they not a reusable material? :(

I totally understand the large boxes a lot of the time, but for Amazon, it sometimes makes no sense..especially when I receive more than one package and the large box has a smaller item..

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »
Every time I use a sanitary napkin I feel like I have to spend five minutes taking off all of its wrappings and stickery parts!
I'll put something here some time

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 10:58:11 AM »
Is there a reason you guys can't recycle the plastic bags? Are they not a reusable material? :(

I totally understand the large boxes a lot of the time, but for Amazon, it sometimes makes no sense..especially when I receive more than one package and the large box has a smaller item..

If it's anything like the UK - Certain areas will only have the facilities to recycle certain materials from household collection and recycling points elsewhere aren't always obvious or easily reached on foot. We also here have a limit on how much can be collected every two weeks. I hate hate HATE packing paper because it usually ends up soggy, even if you put it put the morning the bins are collected, so the rubbish collection people won't take it >.< (and packing paper usually takes up loads of room in the bin!)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal