collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]  (Read 39057 times)

QueenGusty

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2015, 03:09:16 AM »
the water cuties are adorable..

THAT CASTLE. Goddessdarn Hasbroken-I HAVE NO SPACE

Eeee Coco FS! But bleh, molded clothes, they kinda work for the dolls, not so much for ponies...shades of the end of G3 for me I'm afraid...

But...ALL THEM DOLLS THOUGH THAT MOTORBIKE, A CH PLAYSET!! ARCHERS? TWILIGHT'S POSSIBLY EVIL!!? CRYSTAL PREP??? ARE WE GOING TO SEE EQG CADANCE FINALLY?

Ugh Flash...Hasbroken, you so failed with him. Try again.

And I'm disappointed we STILL haven't got fashion packs for the EQGs.

Carrie

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2015, 03:46:22 AM »
Oh my gosh, the glitter in those wings is going to look so AWESOME  :biggrin: Can't wait <3
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2015, 05:18:29 AM »
:3 I really like the glitter wings
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2015, 05:29:32 AM »
I really like the outfits they gave to the new fashion styles. At first, I wasn't too keen on the molded clothes, but that was more about the actual design of the clothes, which looked like they were designed by 5-year old girls instead of just for them.  These new ones are really cute though, and I think they're all based off of actual outfits from the show (I know Dash's is).

I have no idea why they switched to molded outfits, though.  I doubt it would be for cost savings, making unique molds for clothes for a single toy (and I haven't seen any of these outfits recycled yet) can't be more cost effective than using fabric (although it may save on production time, I can't say for sure).  My guess is it's for durability, considering they're for small children. 

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2015, 05:34:52 AM »
The snowglobe wings remember me of the unicorn on G2, who had removable wings with water and glitter

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2015, 05:35:23 AM »
I think the glitter wings look great!

I'm also not sure how I feel about the molded dresses, but they do look nice.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2015, 05:53:04 AM »
I think those Playskool ponies are my favorite :)  Love how Moondancer is in there.  I am confused though why toddlers need a collector pack though  :P

The pegasus ponies with the "snowglobe wings" look cool as well as Sweet Apple Acres, new character brushables, and Funko Shining Armor and Cadence.  Unfortunately, I don't think I'd buy any of it though.  I know toys change with the decade, and I am sure a large amount of work goes into creating them, but a lot of it has lost the feel of MLP to me.  I especially don't like that the dolls seem to be a frontrunner.  The reason I loved MLP as a kid was because they were ponies.  I really don't like the look of the dolls or the skimpy clothes they are wearing.   -_-
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2015, 06:02:01 AM »

I have no idea why they switched to molded outfits, though.  I doubt it would be for cost savings, making unique molds for clothes for a single toy (and I haven't seen any of these outfits recycled yet) can't be more cost effective than using fabric (although it may save on production time, I can't say for sure).  My guess is it's for durability, considering they're for small children.

I assume it's this, and for ease of putting them on/taking them off. My sister's Bratz and Barbie clothes were forever getting torn or stained, whereas the rubber/plastic/etc Polly Pocket clothes survived much longer.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2015, 06:12:39 AM »
those snow globe wings would have been better on larger ponies... they are way too bulky for the smaller brushables!
Hasbro has a thing for wings it seems...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2015, 06:14:14 AM »
Also - my guess is that the lack of brushables is precisely because that is what people associate with MLP. The Toy Fair is a chance for companies to showcase their new ideas and lines, right? So to Hasbro, I imagine that showing off the core line would be a waste of their (limited) space, because people are expecting the brushable lines to continue, so they're showing off the new themes and gimmicks their toys will have like the glitter wings, the ribbon-hair, the zapcodes, and the new EqG themes, etc.

It's pretty cool to see how many different things they're doing with the brand. I didn't like brushable toys as a kid, which is why MLP never appealed to me then. Had the brand been this diverse when I was a kid? I'd have been all over those blind bags, and the snowglobe ponies and glimmer wings would have enticed me in for sure :lol: I know people that are all about the brushables complain but...in order to appeal to more people, Hasbro can't just concentrate on one line. Not everything here is something I'd buy, but I can see how a lot of it will appeal to the target audiences, and in many ways, I'm also thankful, because wanting ALL the things is damaging to my wallet :lol:

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2015, 06:15:39 AM »
SQUEE! I love Flash! He is honestly the only Equestria...Girl Boy doll im excited about! All my money this year is going to mostly Zelfs and Descendants Dolls! I am of course buying some new MLP Singles and the Giant Cadance, but Im nearly totally done with EQG. Alos, the Playschool MLP's are adorable! I ACTUALLY want some of those! xD

Post Merge: February 15, 2015, 06:18:11 AM

OMG! those pictures on page 13! NEW PONIES!!!! :frolic: I NEED those clear-wing ponies! Do their wings light up!?

Post Merge: February 15, 2015, 06:18:48 AM

YEESSSS!!!!!! ^.^ Really happy to see these two finally getting released.

My LIFE IS COMPLETE GIMME CADANCE NOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! My husband and I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED THOSE TWO!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 06:18:49 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline SubmarineHallucination

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Nothing is Astuter than a computer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2015, 06:23:35 AM »
Coco Pommel <3 I can't wait oh my gosh
Everybody needs a friend!
ISO Sweet Stuff and Honeycomb!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2015, 06:57:22 AM »
No, it looks like they confused Lily Valley with Lily Blossom.
Phew!  Thank goodness! ^^; now a defiantly don't have a need for those :)
I don't understand why Hasbro could've stuck with a normal water cutie body (but in pegasus form) instead of those god awful bulky wings! >_<
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2015, 07:07:25 AM »
So much excitement.

However I am posting this one warning

POST CREDIT FOR YOUR PICTURE SOURCES...not where the third party source is but where you found it. Please and thank you :) Just remember that if the pictures belonged to you you would like to know people were crediting you as the source so please do it in turn.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2015, 08:08:30 AM »
I just showed the video to my 5yo DD, and she expressed it perfectly: "where are more ponies?" Seriously, Hasbro, with all the new EQG dolls (even if Flash Sentry is super creep), you couldn't design/release some new ponies? The line is called My Little PONY, for goodness sake! If my 5yo can see that--as your target market--you are missing the mark and failing.

And I am going to go broke in the fall LOL Her birthday is in October, and you can bet she added a bunch of stuff to her list just by watching the video (Sweet Apple Acres and the Playskool ponies "they are all babies, look how cute!").

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal