collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]  (Read 39081 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: NY Toy Fair 2015 [February 14-17]
« Reply #300 on: February 16, 2015, 11:09:56 AM »
Hasbro is making the toys that the stores are ordering.  The best way to impact what is being offered- is to bug the stores to carry brushable ponies.

I think the POP ponies are kinda cute- my nieces love them. Looks like they are getting pretty fancy next year! I kinda like the looks of this Luna and Rainbow Dash... (ALL PHOTOS BELOW From Insidepulse.com
http://insidepulse.com/2015/02/15/toy-fair-2015-coverage-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-equestria-girls/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I love those wings on Rainbow that you can sorta see in the Celestia picture- so cool!  Looks like from this next picture, that the clear/glitter pop ponies might be the huge ones which is a bit of a bummer (the more room they take up, the less tempting they are for me)

Not so sure I like this gold Fluttershy... kinda weird.  http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/gallery/toy-fair-2015-my-little-pony/P2143552.jpg

I hate to say it- but I love these blind bag size pony sets too- I love diorama type stuff-  and I love how dynamic their poses are- that one sitting is SO CUTE!  The barn looks pretty cute too- and I loved the look of the squeezy machine too- (not liking some of the molds so much though- like some of the ponies with really floaty hats and the crusaders with the plates on their heads- not that cute...)

Considering how expensive the fancy blind-bag size pony sets are now- I shudder to imagine the cost of the barn or the squeezy machine...

She's so pretty
 Coco Pommel, right?

And I agree- this unicorn TOTALLY looks like grown up Star Dreams!!!

Compare from this photo (from target.com.au)

I like the looks of these girls too-

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 16, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »
I'm kinda hoping Taobao provides later because what I've seen is... disappointing. As much as I love Gala RD, even as someone with an intentional G4 Rainbow Dash and Applejack army I'm getting sick of weird rehashes where it's just one little gimmick added. The ribbon haired brushables you just chop off the ribbon and it's the exact same pony as the last mane six rereleases.

I get the feeling they didn't do a favorites pack this year because their goth mane 6 one didn't sell. Hopefully that would've sent the message "we're tired of mane 6 rereleases with some odd decoration to make it new" but I don't think that was the message Hasbro got.

Question I'm honestly curious about; who is the EqG demographic and where are all these sales that are driving down ponies and driving up dolls coming from?

The bronies aren't huge fans of EqG except for maybe that one ditzy siren girl. Collectors seem to lean more towards ponies though in fairness I have seen some that do collect EqG. And the demographic outlined by Hasbro's investor presentation (I can't find it but I think it was like 10-12 year old girls) seem to have outgrown dolls by that point. So who is EqG really selling to? It's such a confusing brand to have made it this far.

To end on something positive; I need that Funko Cadance. I've been begging for a Funko and BaBW Cadance and now there's both. YES. And credit where it's due, the Apple family blind bags are pretty cool. I'm glad they tried some new molds even with old characters, makes the scene much more dynamic.

(ETA: I don't get the QR codes. afaik QR is kinda going the way of the dodo.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:38:53 AM by Corona »

Duster reference]

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 16, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »
Equestria Girls has been one of the fastest growing brands Hasbro has.  Though, that's because it has the most new material coming out.  Strange how a brand with new stuff to buy will sell well.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #303 on: February 16, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »
Slightly off topic but:

To be honest I still played with dolls when I was in that age bracket (10-12, probably even 13).  But I also didn't have a lot of the other distractions kids have today like mp3 players, smartphones, video game systems, etc (I'm talking circa 1995-1998).  My family would have just barely gotten our first computer at that point.  Plus I had a sister 5 years younger than me, so I was playing with her a lot with toys that were skewed a bit younger.

And now that I'm 30 I'm back to dolls with EAH/MH haha!  Personally I think the EQG dolls are fugly, but obviously someone is buying them!

More on topic!
Nothing shown here thrills me.  I'm not interested in POP, I'm not interested in Blind Bags, I'm not interested in Fashion Style...and 75% of the brushables are rehashes of the Mane 6.  :(  The new unicorn will probably come home with me, but that's it.

I am excited to see Funko SA & Cadence though!

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 16, 2015, 01:17:52 PM »
I was wondering waht weird gimmick the brushables were going to have this time around since extra paint and tinsel have been used to death already. Single Ribbon Just... what...?

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #305 on: February 16, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
I *may* get my first blindbags and pop with the flim/flam set and the giant clear luna pop :)
but I'll wait to see luna in person....the snowglobe ponies sounded neat, but I didn't like them very much in person
the new brushable is so boring :( really Hasbo, another pink/lavender shade pony?
and what's with the ribbon in the hair? is that supposed to be cool? and aps on feet? no thank you. why is it ON the pony!? why couldn't it be on something inside the packaging (inside so people can't scan it without buying....ooooh look, they can scan it without buying since it's on the display side)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2015, 01:31:56 PM »
I *may* get my first blindbags and pop with the flim/flam set and the giant clear luna pop :)
but I'll wait to see luna in person....the snowglobe ponies sounded neat, but I didn't like them very much in person
the new brushable is so boring :( really Hasbo, another pink/lavender shade pony?
and what's with the ribbon in the hair? is that supposed to be cool? and aps on feet? no thank you. why is it ON the pony!? why couldn't it be on something inside the packaging (inside so people can't scan it without buying....ooooh look, they can scan it without buying since it's on the display side)
They could distort or hide it in the package so you can't scan it.  Simply wrapping the hair around the leg that has the code could be enough.>>; We haven't seen them in-package yet, I don't think.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 01:34:32 PM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2015, 02:57:02 PM »
Someone said there's a Transformers app that works on the same principle, and you have to rescan the toys every few days to keep using them. Mind, I don't see what's to stop there from being a website that lists all the different codes.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2015, 02:59:26 PM »

I'm kinda hoping Taobao provides later because what I've seen is... disappointing. As much as I love Gala RD, even as someone with an intentional G4 Rainbow Dash and Applejack army I'm getting sick of weird rehashes where it's just one little gimmick added. The ribbon haired brushables you just chop off the ribbon and it's the exact same pony as the last mane six rereleases.

I get the feeling they didn't do a favorites pack this year because their goth mane 6 one didn't sell. Hopefully that would've sent the message "we're tired of mane 6 rereleases with some odd decoration to make it new" but I don't think that was the message Hasbro got.

Question I'm honestly curious about; who is the EqG demographic and where are all these sales that are driving down ponies and driving up dolls coming from?

The bronies aren't huge fans of EqG except for maybe that one ditzy siren girl. Collectors seem to lean more towards ponies though in fairness I have seen some that do collect EqG. And the demographic outlined by Hasbro's investor presentation (I can't find it but I think it was like 10-12 year old girls) seem to have outgrown dolls by that point. So who is EqG really selling to? It's such a confusing brand to have made it this far.

To end on something positive; I need that Funko Cadance. I've been begging for a Funko and BaBW Cadance and now there's both. YES. And credit where it's due, the Apple family blind bags are pretty cool. I'm glad they tried some new molds even with old characters, makes the scene much more dynamic.

If there isn't going to be a favorites pack then how do you explain the flower tattoo style G4s that were found?

Also they aren't QR codes they are app codes.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #309 on: February 16, 2015, 03:02:53 PM »

I will say that i LOVE EqG. Absolutely love them. I'm buying more of them at this point than the ponies. However, i don't know how true it is in the  US, but from what i've seen in the UK, EqG is really popular with little girls. Possibly between the ages of 5 and 11. Whenever i go pony shopping i see little girls asking their parents for the dolls and deciding who to get. Considering the cartoon is really limited here, they know all of their names. We had one cinema release of Rainbow Rocks back in October and the cinema was full of kids with their dolls. I mean this thing wasn't advertised anywhere unless you were searching for it. I only found it by chance. A friend of mine has a six year old who is obsessed with the dolls. She adores them. She likes the characters (be it in pony form or doll) and at this point the dolls are the more interesting toy choice for her.

At first i thought the line would be a flop, especially with those first dolls, but credit to Hasbro, they seem to have turned it round with Rainbow Rocks.  And i have to say i can't wait for the new Equestria Games line :)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2015, 03:07:49 PM »
The seated blind bag-sized ponies in the background of that one photo look almost like Bubbles and Seashell! I like the little sets as well, but sometimes the paint jobs on them is a little sloppy, I've noticed.  :huh:

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 16, 2015, 03:11:07 PM »

The stuff that shows up at Toyfair is obviously not all that will come out over the year- there are already new ponies on Taobao that were not previewed at Toyfair.

I think the Equestria Girls are pretty popular with girls- ages 4-11 - based on my own observations (my own nieces ages 4 - 11! and who I see buying them at Target). Maybe some girls that are 11 are too old for dolls but definitely not all. It's a very odd time for a girl- they do still love dolls but are also turning into tweens. 

I think the Equestria Girl offshoot line is probably doing pretty well for the line to have expanded so much. And somehow I don't think that "brony appeal" even shows up on Hasbro's radar with regard to this line.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2015, 03:22:56 PM »
I'm kinda suprised we didn't saw any exclusive items. I thought that we would at least see those flower-decorated Brushables. Also, at the London Toy Fair we saw a Big Mac Pop as well and I believe I saw a Trixie brushable as well. (probally the charm wings one)
were there photos from that one, any links ? :)

Post Merge: February 16, 2015, 03:27:59 PM

And I agree- this unicorn TOTALLY looks like grown up Star Dreams!!!

Compare from this photo (from target.com.au)

Eureka guys :D
the CM matches her name, that would be cool to see
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:27:59 PM by shabbychicdee »

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2015, 04:05:36 PM »
all my responses in one. :D
ummm ok wow. to eg Flash sentry. still getting him, but... i'll probably be putting a proper shirt over that business. awkward.
but as far as flash not having pony ears. i wonder if it's further separation that he won't be part of the tv show.

like the sculpted rainbow dash pose figure, but what line is that? why are there so many varients?
kinda want one to repaint..... XP

YAH!!! funko spike!!! i'll be getting him. but probably no more unless they make a funko flash sentry. or possibly sunset shimmer.

the playschool minis are kinda cute, but will probably be absent from my collection. unless they can become customizable baits....

what's going on with this? are these blindbag size?

not majorly impress with new brushables, but i don't collect them probably get them for my niece.

more pop figures? fun!
so many that i want for customizing and collecting. cool new sizes too.
well that was awesome to go through.

to sum up.... all my money will be going to eqg, blindbags and pops... so pretty much the same as usual. XD
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 04:11:38 PM by rosierjay »

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2015, 08:32:20 PM »
That is great to see that those fun glitter ponies are pop ponies, not sure if I am gonna get em now, but they are neat.  Might need that gold Fluttershy to play with. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal