collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about using ebay  (Read 579 times)

robinharper

• Trade Count: (0)
Question about using ebay
« on: November 12, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
Hi,

I am not sure if I should post this here or perhaps in the "Custom Sales" thread, but I am going to start selling off the G1 My Little Pony's and playsets I have and aren't keeping myself.
Because this isn't exactly a popular serie in my own country, I have been thinking about making international adds.  That brings me to ebay of course.  However ...
1) I have read that you have to pay to put an add on ebay.  What if you can't sell your Pony?  Then you actually lose money, no?  :blink:  Is there perhaps some other free International selling site I can use?  I am from Belgium. 

2) And what are your experiences with ebay?  Do G1 My Little Pony's sell well there?  Cause I see many adds for them on ebay without a single bidd ...   :shocked:  I am a bit scared to put something on ebay and then have no one interested and having to pay for useless adds.  I don't really have a big income so any way to improve succes with the selling is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hugs

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Question about using ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »
I am going to move this over to the Trader Support forum for you :) You will get some great advise over there.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »
To be honest if you're looking for international sales at no cost, the best place to sell would be right here on the arena.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
Selling on the Arena is definitely a great way to do free sales (besides the Paypal fees from accepting payments) but sometimes it does take longer to sell so if you have a lot you want to sell more quickly then eBay will be the bigger audience for buyers. I am not sure about what is offered on NON-USA eBay sites but for the USA we do get free listings every month. In the toy sections they are only for AUCTION listings though so if you want to put a Buy-It-Now or fixed price then it does cost.

I would recommend going to your My Ebay and then clicking on selling and then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and it should say how many free listings you have or what other promotions they have going on. This is just what I see on eBay.com though so it might be different for yours?
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 04:45:49 PM »
Many ebay sites have  free listings for a certain amount of items per month (in the US its more than we get in the UK) . Ebay is good for selling to a wider market and you can often get more money for your items on there, but there are quite a lot of fees even if your item sells (if it doesn't sell there is an option to relist for free usually but do check with Ebay in Belgium) . You have to take final valuation fee, paypal fee and shipping fee into your price , so usually I personally reckon it at 15%-20% depending. Also they hold money of new sellers for up to 21 days which is something else you need to consider. You also have to do very thorough descriptions on ebay to avoid problems with buyers....
Selling here is an easier and cheaper option. Maybe you would like to try out selling here first, and when you feel more confident with international sales and how things work, then move on to ebay as well if you need to :)
We're here to help you so feel free to ask us any questions :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

robinharper

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 06:42:25 AM »
Wauw, thank you all for your advice and at times thorough explanations.  I think I will indeed first put up a selling try out here.  It sounds for now the best option and0 if I ask way too much then people here can help me with correcting my prizes.

Thanks again for all the great responses!   :biggrin:

Hugs

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 05:11:25 AM »
You are welcome :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal