collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Closed Unpaid Case but now showing payment in process?  (Read 909 times)

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Closed Unpaid Case but now showing payment in process?
« on: November 12, 2014, 07:45:09 AM »
So I had a buyer do a best offer for a Disney Animator Doll which I accepted.  They didn't pay for a few days after I sent at least one message, so I opened an unpaid item case.  FYI this buyer only has 33 feedback.

I closed it on Sunday because I thought they had not paid but now it says "dispute process has blocked buyer from making payment." Now I have had no communication from the buyer or any payment from them in my paypal account.  So I wonder if I closed the case when a payment was trying to go thru? 

I don't want this buyer to give me negative feedback but I honestly didn't notice any type of payment trying to go thru.  I know if you pay with only a bank account it can take 3-4 days to clear, so maybe that was it?

I just don't know if I should ignore this since I already relisted the doll.  Any advice?

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Closed Unpaid Case but now showing payment in process?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »
I am not exactly for sure without knowing the exact timeframe but once a case is opened the buyer actually has up to 4 days to send a payment once you open the case.  I am going to assume that you were well within the four day timeframe to close the case or else it would not allow you to do so. So with that being said, if the case was closed then your buyer will not be allowed to make payment, thus seeing "dispute process has blocked buyer from making payment." The case was closed in your favor, they received a unpaid item strike, you get your FVF's back and you can move on. They no longer have the option to pay for the item, nor are you obligated to sell to them.

I am really not sure what advice you are seeking though, since you have already relisted the doll? If the case would still have been open, then no you should not have relisted but since it was closed on your part, you have every right to relist. There is no longer a binding contract between you and your buyer since the case was closed. There is nothing she can do. She is not allowed to leave a negative on a closed non-paying item case. If she does call eBay and they will remove it right away.

I wouldn't worry though, it sounds like your bases are covered.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 09:20:23 AM »
I am not exactly for sure without knowing the exact timeframe but once a case is opened the buyer actually has up to 4 days to send a payment once you open the case.  I am going to assume that you were well within the four day timeframe to close the case or else it would not allow you to do so. So with that being said, if the case was closed then your buyer will not be allowed to make payment, thus seeing "dispute process has blocked buyer from making payment." The case was closed in your favor, they received a unpaid item strike, you get your FVF's back and you can move on. They no longer have the option to pay for the item, nor are you obligated to sell to them.

I am really not sure what advice you are seeking though, since you have already relisted the doll? If the case would still have been open, then no you should not have relisted but since it was closed on your part, you have every right to relist. There is no longer a binding contract between you and your buyer since the case was closed. There is nothing she can do. She is not allowed to leave a negative on a closed non-paying item case. If she does call eBay and they will remove it right away.

I wouldn't worry though, it sounds like your bases are covered.

Okay thanks pony lady!  I just wanted to make sure I did everything right.  I did wait four days for buyer to pay and that is why I closed the case on Sunday.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 04:55:04 AM »
*nods*  what Ponylady said*  :nod:   so no need to worry :hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal