collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anybody see the latest episode of Storage Wars?  (Read 6378 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody see the latest episode of Storage Wars?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »
There was also a Design a Pony Luna out of it's box sitting back there. If it was something for sale it'd still have it's box so they were definitely plants.

I thought it was ridiculously suspicious that they had a ginormous box of G3s that all seemed so neat and tidy, as if they had already been cleaned.

But honestly? None of us should be surprised at this. A&E, truTV and other related channels have been known for a long long time to script
"reality" TV shows. It's getting increasingly difficult to call such shows "reality." I'm more surprised at myself for not predicting this earlier.

Yes, my aunt had a neighbor who was on one of those "buying a house" shows.  Apparently, they had already purchased the house and when the show came to film they had to drive around pretending to still be looking.  Then they had to " choose" the house they had already bought.

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »
LOL, in a few days a bunch of  MIB Morning dawn delights are coming to ebay at least  $200 reserve price :lol:

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
MLP on Storage Wars
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »
So apparently, on Storage Wars some MLPs popped up, and I can't watch the clip (curse you geographical blocks) but apparently said 'jackpot' had a big Pinkie plush and a tub of G3/G3.5 ponies and it was valued as 'worth over 800 USD' (okay maybe there was some older ones in there apparently?)

But I really doubt it, since it sounds like it was just a bunch of loose ponies and probably nowhere near that value
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline LadySatine

• Trade Count: (+230)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • It's time for the robot test!
    • View Profile
Re: MLP on Storage Wars
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »
I haven't watched it yet, so it's hard to say. But I do agree that $800 sounds way over the top for a tub of loose ponies... I'll need to watch it asap.

Vintage toys on Ebay:MLP Customs on Etsy: :freak: Commission Status: CLOSED:Avatar by FloralHippo:Siggy pony by Griffin :lol:

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MLP on Storage Wars
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2014, 10:38:10 AM »
I haven't watched it yet, so it's hard to say. But I do agree that $800 sounds way over the top for a tub of loose ponies... I'll need to watch it asap.
Yeah there was some MIB G3 since I found somewhere to see the clip, and the guy appraising them said they're worth about 15usd boxed and I'm pretty sure that's not the case, since I don't think any of the G3s were that valuable

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2014, 12:51:08 PM »
Every time I watch one of these storage shows Im thinking I wonder if there are ponies in there...

had to come up eventually right?

Me too!

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline apanda0622

• Trade Count: (+177)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2014, 01:06:20 PM »
These reality "picking" shows like Storage Wars and Toy Hunter have no idea the value of girls toys!  I admit I watch Storage Wars (I couldn't stand to watch Toy Hunter) and I can't believe they went to a brony who is supposed to be an expert on ALL ponies?!  That number is so inflated.  You are lucky to get $5 each for loose G3s and maybe $10 for boxed G3s.  And plushies, well I can't even give mine away on craigslist.  So ridiculous.  I don't know whether to be mad or laugh lol.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Anybody see the latest episode of Storage Wars?
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »
Ugh, I can't stand 99% of tv.

They go to a brony to ask about G3's?  I wouldn't even trust them to know the true value of G4 toys.
Right. Even EqD is constantly getting toyline info./news wrong. Most Bronies I've seen don't really seem to know much about the toys at all.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:51:47 PM by Flitter »

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »
These reality "picking" shows like Storage Wars and Toy Hunter have no idea the value of girls toys!  I admit I watch Storage Wars (I couldn't stand to watch Toy Hunter) and I can't believe they went to a brony who is supposed to be an expert on ALL ponies?!  That number is so inflated.  You are lucky to get $5 each for loose G3s and maybe $10 for boxed G3s.  And plushies, well I can't even give mine away on craigslist.  So ridiculous.  I don't know whether to be mad or laugh lol.
Yeah like the only thing probably of any value was the Pinkie plush, and even so she probably wouldn't go for /that/ much
Now if they'd somehow found a box of G1s in similar condition then maybe there would be some money in there

I did find it funny when he said 'Pinkie is a new pony' yeah because since he was apparently knowledgeable about G3 then he would've know that Pinkie originated a generation before
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:29:50 PM by starrypawz »

Offline sailorstitch

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Instagram @sailorstitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
http://www.aetv.com/storage-wars/video/jarrod-and-brandis-my-little-pony-jackpot

:shocked: :blink::crazy: :nuts: :freak: :scared: :shrug: :dizzy: :doh: :shakefist: :throw: :duh: :rant: :argh: :dumbpc:

I think that about covers how I feel. I'll take the plushie Pinkie off their hands. I've never seen one like that.

sailorstitch

Offline honestjonstoys

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2014, 11:05:41 PM »
The boxed 25th Minty can go for $20, and the boxed Dream Drifter 12-15, if the box isn't too crushed.  The loose yellow pegasus on top of the box was Pearly Pie, worth about $5.  The Winter Rainbow Dash is only $6-$10  I'd appraise the plush and bin at about $400-$450

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:58 AM »
It is a common "fact" that the Brony subculture knows absolutely nothing about the previous gens, even when they try they still fail at being resourceful enough to accurately portray the history. Much less our existence. The average joe wouldn't know us either but most know Bronies nowadays. So anything at all MLP is associated with bronies. I work at conventions every other week and have noticed g1 and g3s skyrocket in prices because the ignorant sellers believe the "bronies will pay whatever they want for them". Even after I explain they have no interest in those gens they still inflate the prices and it is no surprise they never sell. So yea. if it's MLP, most people who are not part of the original fan base will assume that a brony is the one to go to.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »
That Pinkie plush kinda looks like a fanmade one, given the tubing in the legs.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2014, 03:00:26 PM »
That Pinkie plush kinda looks like a fanmade one, given the tubing in the legs.

Which just for me makes its inclusion in a storage locker along with a box of G3s....kinda weird...
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2014, 03:25:23 PM »
I love watching shows like these even though I know they are fake, but know I realise how random values they give to stuff they find actually are :lol: I can't decide what is more hilarious: the brony expert, ponies on the shelves or the value of the bin! I'm really curious about that giant Pinke Pie. Even if it's fan made she was probably very expensive to commision so what is she doing here, thrown away?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal