collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Something I'm toying with doing here  (Read 402 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
Something I'm toying with doing here
« on: November 04, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »
I hope no one minds, but I am toying with writing reviews on the MLP shows, and making topics of them here.  Would anyone mind if I did this?

I plan of having a seperate thread for each show, but I think I'll also seperate FIM by season so I can not only alternate between generations, but also alternate between season in FIM.  Also, FIM's reviews will be done in order, as far as I can see, but the other generations will be simply "whatever I can get at the time" as it's easier to get G4 in order than the others, but this may change.

Would it be okay to do this if I do?
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Something I'm toying with doing here
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 04:55:44 PM »
I would think discussion about FIM would go on the FIM show board, discussion about previous shows tend to sit pretty well in the Corral though. This sounds like a really cool idea, looking forward to it :) it's always nice to see what other people think and feel about the media side of MLP. My favourite part of FIM S4 was following the weekly discussion threads on the sub-board. They're all old and locked now, leading up to S5 next year it would be really fun to get a refresher and a new perspective on S4 episodes with your threads.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »
Nothing to stop you :) Its always interesting to hear different people's views. I will echo that the FiM reviews would need to go in the FiM forum and everything else can sit out here in the Corral.

I would also ask that you dont overly spam the boards with lots of individual thread reviews; try to keep no more than 2 or 3 on the first page or we will potentially merge the topics together :)

Have fun!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 02:53:10 PM »
Thank you for your interests, both of you.  I will get some started as soon as I can, and yes, the FIM reviews will be placed in the correct forum.

I would also ask that you dont overly spam the boards with lots of individual thread reviews; try to keep no more than 2 or 3 on the first page or we will potentially merge the topics together :)

Have fun!
I was toying with a thread for each show on pre-FIM, but a thread for each season on FIM so I can go between seasons.  I get that, that isn't exactly what you said, but you don't aprove say, and I'll try to think of away around it.

As it stands the plan is;

(on Pony Corral)
G1 Reviews
MLP Tales Revies (this is G1, but a seperate show)
G3 Reviews (could put G3.5 at the end of these, even though I view it as a completely different show)
G3.5 Reviews (possibly, see above).

(on FIM forum)
Season 1 Reviews
Season 2 Reviews
Season 3 Reviews
Season 4 Reviews.

So it looks like it will be three threads in the Pony Corral, if I just slap the G3.5s at the end of G3, but four in FIM, is that allowed or should I compromise?

The reason I don't want to do FIM in one go is because I might want to alternate between seasons, but if I have no choice I'll do them together (or I could do Season 1 and Season 2 together?)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:10:44 PM »
That sounds like a great layout :) As the FiM forum is about the cartoon I dont think 4 threads will overwhelm it. The Corral however is wider in content so we dont want to spam with too much of the same thing. Good plan!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 03:13:15 PM »
Thanks.  I'll do it that way then.  :)

I'm actually looking forward to writing them.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal