collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Any Barbie collectors?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Any Barbie collectors?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 08:18:46 AM »
Gorgeous dolls!

I think I'd be happy with a handful of dolls but loads of clothes for them - particularly fancy dresses and probably the odd suit of armour!

I'm a bit tempted to make my OH a Night Elf from WoW... ;)

Offline GazeboMouse

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 09:47:19 AM »
I only collect ones from charity shops, and only collect black fashion dolls and similar sized pop singer ones and action figures (who won't admit they are dolls too!), they're in a box ready to move now so can't post pics. Have quite a few of the usual Christie types, a Kenyan Barbie, a few from boybands and Disney musical high school films I won't admit to owning! I wish the female dolls didn't have such scary skinny necks though, and would be nice to own a few Barbie type dolls with more of a shape to them, so could customise them in more costumes.
DaffyDilly, years ago I made my dad for his birthday and Christmas an action figure dressed in his old Kings Troop dress uniform, (felt, and leather made from felt covered with pva glue!) and also a soldier in Cromwellian gear as my dad used to be in a civil war reinactment society. Not very well made, but dad loved them!

Offline toyjunky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 05:00:50 PM »
I collect Barbie dolls and have umm.....a lot. It is well over 40. I actually have no idea how many I have acquired over time. Mine are from about 1985 - present. I do enjoy the articulated ones they have made in the last few years. On a side note, I also collect the Barbie Holiday ornaments, it kind of goes with the doll thing.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:04:52 PM by toyjunky »

Offline kadytheredpanda

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2014, 01:15:22 PM »
They're not my main focus but I do have a few, a mixed bag between 90s and 10s currently. I also own a straight leg Skipper from 1964, which is the oldest doll in my collection.

Offline terabithianprince

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • The last pages are for you
    • View Profile
    • Pony Pals
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 07:57:48 AM »
I just started collecting Barbie. I've only got a new one, and several I picked up from a flea market at the moment, but those unloved dolls are treasured. There are a few barbies from the 90's I've been eyeing up though :P Think it would be hard not to go overboard!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal