collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me... your custom work space!  (Read 683 times)

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
Show me... your custom work space!
« on: October 20, 2014, 12:10:47 PM »
I do a little bit of everything.  I sew, make jewelry, paint, customize ponies, and generally make a mess of my desk space.  Recently, my husband and I have started talking about building a custom work desk for me, as I spend so much of my free time working on my craft hobbies.   

Pinterest is so full of inspiration, but I would love to see where you guys work and how you organize your pony custom/craft tools and bobbles.  What do you like having (or wish you had more of)?

So here is my current work space(s):
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And I do all my sewing/bird watching from here!

I wish I had more:
  • Light! Light that I can adjust and swing and manhandle like crazy!
  • Storage Space/drawers
  • Attractive colors
  • Wall outlets (woefully short on those and I use so many things that draw too much power for a power strip)
  • Pegboard!! I never knew how much I would like it!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Show me... your custom work space!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »
that actually looks quite nice! but not having enough light or wall outlets can be a pain no mater how great your area is.

I usually work on my desk too. but my grandpa installed a huge counter in my laundry room, I really need to get my peg board installed and get everything organized and add pictures. its a dream working there. He added 5 wall outlets all at counter level for me xD probably more then ill ever need. now my only problem is lighting.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 12:47:22 PM »
It looks great! And so neat!

Jules x

clonecommander

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 05:15:34 PM »
I'm not going to post pictures of where I work, for the saving of my sanity. Its an absolute mess that hasn't been touched in a year or two. That's because I've been busy with everything and have had no time to work on custom anything! My desk has ponies (mostly in the midst of customized, but a few are in pieces) Star Wars Clone trooper 3 3/4 scale figures waiting on new hands and in the case of one, a new head. Oh and there's a random Lego Hero Factory part that is getting modified....that I think is somewhere on my disaster of a desk.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »
Your space is so neat! I need to tidy up quite more than a bit as I've let life and ponies take over my desk space. Every so often I beat them back enough to have room in front of my keyboard but it never lasts for too long.  ^^;
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Prideth

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:18:50 PM »
I'm not going to post pictures of where I work, for the saving of my sanity. Its an absolute mess that hasn't been touched in a year or two. That's because I've been busy with everything and have had no time to work on custom anything! My desk has ponies (mostly in the midst of customized, but a few are in pieces) Star Wars Clone trooper 3 3/4 scale figures waiting on new hands and in the case of one, a new head. Oh and there's a random Lego Hero Factory part that is getting modified....that I think is somewhere on my disaster of a desk.

I understand that  :lol:.  I try to habitually clean at the end of any crafting session so that I don't spend half an hour looking for a paint brush under a wad of paper towels (happens often).  I try my best to stay organized, but I always find myself wishing I had set things up a different way or had them in a certain place for easy access.  Storage is a huge deal that I have to put a lot of thought in to, or I'll end up with a heap of mess!

Offline ponies4me

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Die hard Tales fan
    • View Profile
    • Online Shop
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 07:26:16 PM »
What a great work space! Is it all in one room? I'd love to see your window during daylight. I used to have a huge work space when I ran my own business. I don't anymore. I turned that into a hobby, but I still do a lot of sewing. All of my supplies and my work area are in my pony room. I plan on making a pony restoration station in my room once I get my hands on a good 'bait' lot.
Want List
LF: Baby Gametime and Li'l Cupcake (fair to mint conditions)

Offline JoshsPonyPrincess

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »
I too am redoing my space - I also do multiple types of art (when I am able) so seeing photos of other multitasking artists is nice.

Great space by the way.

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 01:13:23 AM »
Your spaces are amazing, and so professional. I'd love such a space, but as it is I have a chest of drawers full of art/sewing stuff and I just have to get out whatever I need to work on the coffee table in the lounge. :( One day I'd love a pony/ craft room!
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline PixiePony

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 03:09:36 AM »
Your space is awesome!!! So organised!! :D im very impressed. im in the process of cleaning out our "craft/art space" so ill have to post pics when done. but, like you, i dont just paint ponies!

Offline Prideth

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 07:47:42 AM »
What a great work space! Is it all in one room? I'd love to see your window during daylight. I used to have a huge work space when I ran my own business. I don't anymore. I turned that into a hobby, but I still do a lot of sewing. All of my supplies and my work area are in my pony room. I plan on making a pony restoration station in my room once I get my hands on a good 'bait' lot.

It's all in the same room, although it's probably not the room I'll stay in if we build a custom desk (it may end up as a nursery...someday!).  I imagine building a corner desk that can be used for paint/jewelry/ponies on one arm and sewing/quilting on the other arm, but it'd all be one big long space that can share a chair and storage space. 

On the downside, I really do love having a desk in front of the window that looks into our backyard.  I have a small garden under the window and a bird feeder that attracts all the local birdies.  Although, my cat loves watching them too, which ends up bothering me if I'm trying to work on the desk and he's busy window stalking.   :lol:

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:49:49 AM by Prideth »

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:24 AM »
I'm too embarrassed to show my work space (so much clutter, much wow), but I loooove yours, Prideth! So clean and arranged.

jupiternwndrlnd

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »
I am envious of your work space! I miss having a crafting room...right now I am shoved in a messy corner, with most of my supplies in a closet up stairs XD Tho I do have a long sewing table that needs to be set up, which I am sure will be consumed with pony stuff when I am not sewing - haha cause doesn't pony stuff consume all??
here is my tiny (ish) mess  :lol: (the box is all my hair)

Offline Prideth

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 11:40:32 AM »
I am envious of your work space! I miss having a crafting room...right now I am shoved in a messy corner, with most of my supplies in a closet up stairs XD Tho I do have a long sewing table that needs to be set up, which I am sure will be consumed with pony stuff when I am not sewing - haha cause doesn't pony stuff consume all??
here is my tiny (ish) mess  :lol: (the box is all my hair)

I just don't know if I could keep my sanity without a craft room.  It's kind of like... a woman cave?   :lol:  It's where I have all my quiet time and can get peace from three dogs who all want to sit in my lap at the same time!

I sort of organize my paint the way you do... in one big group.  But it's hard to find the right color without picking them all up and looking at the bottle.  I like the idea of getting some of those inexpensive wire cube things and storing them veritcally on the wall:

(P.S.  That G3 with the horn and G4 FS Wings?  hnng!  It's beautiful!)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:44:16 AM by Prideth »

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 12:35:23 PM »
My "pony/craft" desk is covered in BABW plushies, comics, and whatever else I stuck on there. I end up doing most of my crafts (not so much customs right now) at my desk in the office instead - mostly b/c my patterns are on the laptop, and I can still check internet / watch TV.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal