collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The king's unicorn UPDATE: 07-02-15 GLAM SHOTS  (Read 4735 times)

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The king's unicorn
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2015, 10:51:46 AM »
Wow!  What great sculpting!  I can't wait to see more photos as you progress.

Out of curiosity, what did you do different this time to make the tail come out so nice?

Sorry, Amazonarabian... Need a little more specifics. What exactly are you referring to? Of course I know you mean the tail  :P. But what of the execution has caught you? What part is "so nice"? I'll try my best to answer.

Woops!  I guess that was very vague of me!  I meant that you said you'd been frustrated and having issues with the tail.  And to mine eye, the tail is incredible.  It's long and flowy and full of movement and weightless-looking.  How did you acheive that result, especially without it breaking, and had you tried a different tail-style beforehand that turned out less-awesome?   

This guy is seriously gorgeous.  I'm already envious of the lucky dog who's claimed him.  If I hold my nook up really close to my face, I swear I can hear him whispering my name. 
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: The king's unicorn UPDATE: 01-30-15
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2015, 12:29:30 PM »
So sorry for your sickness :( I'm currently sick for the 2nd time in 2 weeks and I feel your pain.

Its kind of ironic/funny to hear you talk about your art fears as I always think you are such a massively-talented lady. I'm always looking at your stuff thinking "how is this even possible???" :) I'm currently reading a book called "Art and Fear" about how fears cripple us in our artistic endeavors and how different artists combat their self-doubt/perfectionism. It's been very validating and reassuring. If you are interested, I'm sure your library has a copy.

Anyway, I still adore this! That crown is so epic! Are you planning on doing a lion as well at some point?

Offline PoniesYeah

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tamisery
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2015, 11:35:11 AM »
Wow!  What great sculpting!  I can't wait to see more photos as you progress.

Out of curiosity, what did you do different this time to make the tail come out so nice?

Sorry, Amazonarabian... Need a little more specifics. What exactly are you referring to? Of course I know you mean the tail  :P. But what of the execution has caught you? What part is "so nice"? I'll try my best to answer.

Woops!  I guess that was very vague of me!  I meant that you said you'd been frustrated and having issues with the tail.  And to mine eye, the tail is incredible.  It's long and flowy and full of movement and weightless-looking.  How did you acheive that result, especially without it breaking, and had you tried a different tail-style beforehand that turned out less-awesome?   

This guy is seriously gorgeous.  I'm already envious of the lucky dog who's claimed him.  If I hold my nook up really close to my face, I swear I can hear him whispering my name. 

Don't worry, I ask vague questions to other artist all the G D time. Usually happens because I got too excited about what I saw and started typing without composing a real thought.
Oh, don't get the wrong idea. There was tons of breaking. I built things up with layers. I'd drape a couple locks down and let them cure. Then drape a couple more and cure. Over and over. Several locks would popped off during this. Some I could stick back on while others had to be redone. Especially if it looked like I couldn't build up enough support to keep it on.
Generally, if I'm sculpting a "lion tail" I'll have the tuft resting on the ground. It's loads easier to have it on the ground supporting itself. That way I can sprawl the hair out. See lady Amalthea:http://www.tamisery.com/#/customs/ (she's at the bottom) This was the first time I'd done it suspended in air. It came out a little more ploomy than I wanted, but sometimes you just have to accept the way something came out and move on or you risque getting over frustrated and abandoning the project.

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »
love it!!!!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2015, 08:08:16 PM »
OMG your poor baby!! Hope he heals fast, and wow what a few crappy months you have had!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline Oniontart

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2015, 03:22:11 AM »
Great sculpting! Love specially scuplted hair on cheeks. :heart:

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 04:44:48 AM »
 :lovey:*Swoon*, he's so handsome!  What's the story behind his character?  is he a unicorn king, or a unicorn who is friends with a king?  Love the color you've added!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 05:29:36 AM »
Wow!  Your sculpting skills are to die for!  I can't wait to see this one when it's all finished.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2015, 09:02:36 AM »
He's so handsome! Brilliant work!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The king's unicorn UPDATE: 05-04-15
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2015, 05:57:42 PM »
Looking very intricate! Love it!

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: The king's unicorn UPDATE: 05-06-15 What color for eyes?
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2015, 07:20:23 AM »
indigo
deep and mysterious like mysterious pools :)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
2. Chartreuse. Does complete a color triad, (coral, slate blues, chartreuse)
this ^
this stands out very nice!
I still like #1, but #2 pops!

DeviantArt Etsy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal