collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to save up for BJD?  (Read 668 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: How to save up for BJD?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2014, 05:48:58 AM »
My mom is the only one who knows how much my dolls cost. We saw my Pipos Dorothy on a shelf at DDE one weekend and both loved her and Mom's reaction to the $280 price tag was "Oh! That's not bad at all!" I thought about her all week and when we went back the next weekend to buy her with my doll money envelope, Mom helped me cover the last $40 I didn't have saved up yet. And she's excited to see the $400 doll I have on layaway with a seller here. Nobody else will ever understand or know the prices lol.

Wow you are so lucky! :) My mom thinks $20 is too expensive for a doll LMFAO

Post Merge: October 12, 2014, 05:50:07 AM

I use the picture of the doll as my wallpaper, so everytime I unlock my phone she's there with the caption 'Shouldn't you be saving?' I have to cut down a lot on what other non-essentials that I want to buy, but I know she's worth it! :D

I love this idea! I WILL be doing this! xD

Regina_Mortis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 06:14:30 AM »
I use the picture of the doll as my wallpaper, so everytime I unlock my phone she's there with the caption 'Shouldn't you be saving?' I have to cut down a lot on what other non-essentials that I want to buy, but I know she's worth it! :D

I love this idea! I'd love to get a new doll, but right now all of our extra money needs to go towards our wedding. I do what a few people have suggested, a separate "fun" bank account and put a little money in there from each paycheck.

Story time: With my first dolls, I was in high school so I got a part time job to save up. When I finally had enough, my parents wouldn't let me get her! Well on Christmas, I decided for my present, I just wanted them to let me buy my dream dollie. Thanks to some Christmas spirit, they said yes! It ended up being perfect timing because Souldoll had a deal going on if you bought a big doll, you get MSD free. Even with a growing collection, these two are still my pride and joy :)

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 12:20:10 PM »
I regularly clean out my purse, car, couch cushions etc for change. I keep it in a jar and when the jar gets full I'll take it to a Coinstar machine. Also, I never really used coupons or discount cards before but I do now. Whatever $ I save by using coupons I'll add to the dolly fund. Also, look around and see what you have that you don't want or need anymore and sell it off. Free craigslist adds to sell locally are nice and if you have any old fancy dresses like for prom or bridesmaid you can sell them in a consignment shop. Good luck saving up!
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 12:34:59 PM »
Lots of good ideas here! :D My best advice (and this only helps you "save" figuratively):
Don't Look at Other BJDs!!! I tend to 'window-shop' in cycles and when I find one I'm usually sure to find two or three. :P

I'm lucky in the respect that my collecting habits started small (cheap) and I've worked my way up slow enough so that no one is much surprised by the costs anymore. :P 'Course it also helps that I hold the purse-strings, too, soo. :P

eta: Oh, and those who I might think would have a problem with my collecting costs, I don't tell 'em nothing!! XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

Offline barbgirl1999

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/barbgirl1999
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 03:27:23 PM »
Lots of great ideas!  I am with the group that has a tin in my room that I put money in every week.  I had to switch to a tin, instead of a jar because if I could see the money, I'd spend it!  LOL  While, right now, the tin money is designated as baby money, it will one day return to doll/toy money for us, haha.

I also try to sell things on ebay or on forums, to make up whatever I want to spend...that's how I've been doing it lately, so I don't HAVE to take anything out of the baby money.  I also like the idea that I'm de-cluttering the house...get rid of several things I don't really need or want as badly, to get one thing that I do.  Helps me prioritize the collections.

~Rodan+Fields~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal