collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SockThief  (Read 16282 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: SockThief
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2014, 07:41:32 PM »
I recall that thread and pushed for you to buy them. I read your post and feel that you're being truthful as to where you got the Posey from. I'm glad things are being put to rights, SockThief...I truly hope things get better for everyone involved. If you can, please PM me or send me an email back in the next couple of days, SockThief. Thanks all! :hug:

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2014, 11:53:12 AM »

To Little.Fox, I can’t refund you the shipping cost right now, since I am negative numbers on paypal. Still, the polly pockets you bought were In amazing condition, they are hard to find and usually cost more, plus I think I threw in the little extra doll for free. You got a hell of a deal for a small price, so refunding the shipping seems like it would not have been business for me at all. In the end, you got everything you wanted and for a small price, I repeat.

What you're saying isn't really true, or even relevant for that matter. I paid over the average price the sets are going for on eBay, to save myself buying from different sellers and because they were described as mint condition. But that isn't really the issue here. I wanted my postage cost refunded because you took four weeks to ship out, lied about the shipping date and didn't wrap the items securely. Either way, I have left honest feedback and consider this matter closed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 11:55:30 AM by little.fox »

SockThief

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »

To Little.Fox, I can’t refund you the shipping cost right now, since I am negative numbers on paypal. Still, the polly pockets you bought were In amazing condition, they are hard to find and usually cost more, plus I think I threw in the little extra doll for free. You got a hell of a deal for a small price, so refunding the shipping seems like it would not have been business for me at all. In the end, you got everything you wanted and for a small price, I repeat.

What you're saying isn't really true, or even relevant for that matter. I paid over the average price the sets are going for on eBay, to save myself buying from different sellers and because they were described as mint condition. But that isn't really the issue here. I wanted my postage cost refunded because you took four weeks to ship out, lied about the shipping date and didn't wrap the items securely. Either way, I have left honest feedback and consider this matter closed.

It's ok. I have collected Polly Pocket sets for over 10 years now and I know the price I gave you was more than fair, plus I included the locket doll you had been looking for for a while. I have shipped other sets in bubble pad envelopes and they have never broken, really. Had I put them in a box, the shipping cost would have doubled, at the very least.

Thank you for your buy. I hope you enjoy your sets, which is the main point. And thanks for your honest feedback.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2014, 02:02:00 PM »
Please quit going back and editing previous posts folks  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2014, 05:05:07 PM »
Update! Received my ponies today. My factory error firefly has had her head removed at some point--I'm worried she may be a re-hair, but I don't now how to check for that, since I don't re-hair ponies myself. I just know that the head being removed can be a sign of that. Can anyone tell me how to tell for sure?

The yellow Prince pony has more highlighter marks than the pictures showed (the flash hid a lot of the marks) and his head has been removed at some point as well.

Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2014, 05:49:28 PM »
I dont think Mexican heads are glued, actually.  None of mine are, anyway. 

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »
Ah, good to know! That makes me feel better. Thanks Skeen!
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2014, 08:15:13 PM »
mlpforever,  I do recall sockthief saying the prince had more marks than what the photos showed, I remembered this as i was considering buying it but decided against it due to the marks

squishy turdl

« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2014, 04:17:28 AM »
I've been watching this thread and waiting for an update because what happened here has deeply disturbed me.

I'm interested to know what happened in the case of the lilac haired posey?

Is it true that one user had to pay another member guilty money after she was felt so guilty about what happened with her being ripped off in the past, and no one has stepped in to stop that? For no exchange of ponies she paid another user 200 dollars for something she had nothing to do with...?
I also heard and read this user was also contacted multiple times outside the arena and harrassed about the pony she brought? It doesn't seem to be her fault..

I realise I may get a negative report or something for saying this, but I am worried about this and although this is one very weird isolated incident why is she not being supported? Why has no one stepped in any put a stop to this payment?

I ask as a frequent user of the arena, because I feel we deserve answers. I would hate if I was ever put in this situation and being bullied into paying someone money, or any other user, friends and people I care about.

Maybe this has been dealt with privately by the mods (which, I am hoping) but as the matter was so publicly discussed I think it's fair we know that all parties (original buyer, new seller and new buyer) have been spoken with and come to a resolution. I love the arena but this incident has really upset me and my trust in the system. I'm sure I am not the only person thinking or wanting to know what happened here, but maybe like myself worried to speak up and ask for fear of being shut down or reported for questioning.

*Addition*
I'm not saying I know all the information here, far from it. Nor do I want to start out an argument or say this is anyone's fault, I mean no disrespect to the mods or anyone involved. I just want to know that everyone was protected and we all have the right to feel safe here. The outside world can be so negative and I would love the peace of mind to know this is the safe fluffy place I think it to be. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:29:32 AM by squishy turdl »

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2014, 04:26:25 AM »
:like: /\
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2014, 06:57:10 AM »
In the US, the law stipulates that if you purchase stolen property ( unknowingly or not), it still belongs to the original owner and has to be returned once found out.  A person who purchased the stolen property then has the legal right to try to try to recover money from the person they bought from.  So...pony belongs to Skeen...AP should get her money back...Sockthief will unfortunately be the one who loses. 
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2014, 07:24:04 AM »
Unfortunately we are not the pony police. We are here to mediate and help offer solutions. What either party decides to do is up to them. We do not bully members into doing anything. If one of said parties was bullied off site that is also a matter that is out of our hands.  We cant, wont and do not control anything outside the Arena. 

Also Arena related matters are worked on by mods and members behind the scenes. The final resolution, if one is reached is not always posted for all to see. It's a private matter.  Again we only offer solutions, we can't make people do anything they are not willing to do.

I realise I may get a negative report or something for saying this, but I am worried about this and although this is one very weird isolated incident why is she not being supported? Why has no one stepped in any put a stop to this payment?

We do not have access to people's personal Paypal accounts, so I am not sure what you mean by stopping the payment? 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2014, 07:31:46 AM »
As Ponylady said, there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes. We dont allow bullying either but we cant stop that kind of thing if it happens outside of the Arena. Please dont worry - we are all trying our best to resolve things and the help everyone involved, but this one is an usual and difficult situation for all the people involved - and its going to take more than the usual time and effort to sort this one out :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2014, 08:15:03 AM »
Since this is my reputation here, let me answer some questions.

Angelponies decided on her own to send me money for Posey.  I didn't ask her to, and i didn't want her to.  She doesn't owe me any money.  I sent her payment back to her.  So, to answer the question, NO, no one was forced to send any sort of payment.  Angelponies did it without consulting anyone and was refunded. 

For offsite contact, ap contacted me via Facebook, to which I replied once saying I wasn't going to speak to her outside the Arena.  I haven't had other contact with her.  If other people are contacting Angelponies outside the Arena, I am not aware of it. 

A lot of information is being misrepresented and I am aware that most people only have one side of a very complicated story, but as everyone involved has been asked not to post about it, I won't rehash it again.   

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2014, 09:39:19 AM »
I got refunded the shipping from PayPal plus $10 that I asked for in value on the pony after being told that baby dolphin had no marks, stains or any flaws which wasn't the case.
It took forever to get the fair amount refunded to me thru Paypal after being lied to on numerous occasions just like everyone else. I explained my side to PayPal and told them what was fair. I waited with Paypal to see seller respond to
Paypal and seller never did. I think Paypal sent me money because seller may of never responded but I'm not sure. I really don't know for sure. I will see if I can check but because as of today case is closed and past 180 days I m not sure what date to enter to check. Claim
Date or Paypal date. Ugh.
I have yet to leave feedback and just wish a mod could leave appropriate feedback for me because I don't know if I leave negative or neutral because I was asked by seller to close my claim. I really think it was Paypal who pulled through here. 

Post Merge: October 26, 2014, 09:47:32 AM

Ok adding~
Figured out how to check
PayPal sent out numerous emails to which it appears they never heard from this person who sold me this pony
It was Paypal who refunded me
I'm glad I didn't close the case for I told them about the flaws and how long it took to ship item being a month to ship
I just want moderators to know how my final status is and please advise me with feedback or leave it for me
I don't like leaving anything but positive and this wasn't positive experience
At least I got a pony even if it took forever and was flawed with stain I did get reimbursed thanks to Paypal and I feel the $18 for flaw and shipping was fair after all the lies

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:47:32 AM by gypsyunicorn »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal