collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm headed to Disney World (and Diagon Alley) in a Week! Suggestions?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
So my husband and I are leaving on the 18th for the happiest place on Earth; Disney World! Now that Diagon Alley is finished, I also HAVE to stop there for one of the days we will be there (and take the Hogwarts Express). It will be quite a packed week with the Food and Wine Festival, Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party, and us trying to go to every park but Animal Kingdom. Anyone have any must-dos I should be sure not to miss? We've been a few times, but it seems like fans always have something they love that I haven't yet tried.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: I'm headed to Disney World (and Diagon Alley) in a Week! Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »
TAKE ME!
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 04:44:12 PM »
TAKE ME!
And me!!!

Xeevee was just there...and did both Disney and Harry Potter. Maybe she has some advice?

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 08:21:13 PM »
I sure was.  It was amazing.  I seriously want to live in Diagon Alley.  It's the most amazing place in the world!  Definitely go on the Hogwarts Express in both directions.  It's different each way. 

Get a wand that works in the park, the new Diagon Alley spells are fantastic.  The dragon on Gringotts breathes fire.  So listen for her.  She starts growling first.  A trip down nocturn alley is very very cool too. 

It wasn't super busy at any of the parks, even on Saturday, despite all the events on at the moment.  I'd just recommend organising your fast passes at Disney before you go, then if you use them up in the morning you can add more in the afternoon. 

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »
Oh my gosh! I'm going to Disney World in a week as well! I head down on Wednesday, get married there on Friday and spend the whole week after that having lots of fun! We're also going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Food and Wine Festival! I have only ever been twice, but my must-dos are most of the rides at Magic Kingdom like the mountains and Haunted Mansion. I love doing the Fantasia Mini-Golf! It's fun and the theme is so cute! Oh man! There's just so many awesome things to do there that I'm having trouble trying to figure out all that we should do. Haha!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 10:58:22 PM »
I wanna goooooo!!! Disney World was amazing when I went.. and I've missed it terribly ever since and I'm not even a Disney freak whatsoever. Diagon Alley I want to visit even more. AGh! I hope you have an amazing time. Tell us how it goes. :)

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 11:07:49 PM »
the 3-d harry potter ride made me very ill. *they had to call a medic and everything*
so if you get motion sickness it's better to skip. i didn't have my eyes open.... blah!

but the butterbeer is fantastic. totally recommend that.

also it's alot of fun to collect the pins and stuff at disney.
it's better to buy some in advance since they are super expensive in the parks.
some people online will be able to get them to you before you leave.
it's one of my favorite parts about disney.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 12:20:48 AM »
Seriously, I second that. I heard about pin trading and didn't think anything of it and we eventually got into it and it was one of the things we enjoyed most. Finding new employees to trade with was super fun, and we all had a different theme going. Mine was my favorite movie which is kind of hard to find anything from it (but it paid off)!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »
I haven't been since 2008.  It is quite magical over there :)

I would suggest going to the Polynesian resort for your kona coffee.  Ohana was also very nice.

If you haven't already, get on Soarin' in Epcot. Very nice relaxing but high sensory ride (just make sure you don't have any allergies to smell.  You glide through some fruit trees/the sea and can actually smell it).

Im not sure where your tastes land but I seemed to be in Epcot the most with Magical Kingdom in second.  The Anima kingdom is beautiful but very dangerous. My sister and I both suffered heatstroke as it was the hottest park due to all the greenery.  You didn't list going there but just incase--if you do go and get warning bells, get your butt on the rapids ride--it will tame the symptoms and make you feel better.  Then make sure you constantly have a water source to dunk your head in (sounds crazy but trust me, youll want to).

Humm..Stay away from tower or terror.  The workers there are zombees (seriously.  They act like they are drained of life and DONT pay attention) and I had to make one of them stop (a feat in itself) and show me where the seatbelt was since it was actually hidden, then get them to put it on the correct way so it doesn't become loose and I fly out while its dropping.  I would be a casualty if I wasn't assertive. That and once it drops 2 or 3 times, its boring and you just roll your eyes.

The Hogwarts world didn't exist when I was there--I want to get better medically so I can drag my Bf (hahahaha) over there again.  And he knows it >D

Kiwi, mark that on the to do list--the 4 of us will go together :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 11:03:42 AM »
Oh! I wish i could go! Have fun!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 11:22:27 AM »
So jealous!!! Have a great time  :biggrin:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 11:52:05 AM »
The Hogwarts world didn't exist when I was there--I want to get better medically so I can drag my Bf (hahahaha) over there again.  And he knows it >D

Kiwi, mark that on the to do list--the 4 of us will go together :)

Sounds like a plan to me! :D
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 08:57:10 PM »
Check out the new Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland, and the Mine Train ride! Actually, all of New Fantasyland was a ton of fun, and I'm a bit disappointed we didn't try Be Our Guest. Try to time it so you're riding Splash Mountain while the fireworks are going on (Big Thunder works, too), because it's one of the best things to do, in my experience. And the Festival of Fantasy daytime parade is cute if you can see it, but the nighttime Halloween parade is awesome! The Haunted Mansion is always a must, and I think the Frozen Sing-Along will still be playing in Hollywood Studios. Try to find your favorite character for a meet and greet, if you can. And try to book fastpasses in advance!

But a quick note, since some people have mentioned pin trading- cheap lots on eBay are usually fake pins, so please try not to trade those! I've gotten "scrappers," as pin fakies are called, numerous times, and it's a big problem in the pin trading community. Some of them are pricey, and I can understand just wanting cheap ones to trade. But it's never fun trading with a Cast Member only to realize the pin you got was a knock off.
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 11:59:29 PM »
oh soarin' yeah that one made me sick too. but alot of people really love it.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2014, 09:13:20 AM »
Check out the new Little Mermaid ride in Fantasyland, and the Mine Train ride! Actually, all of New Fantasyland was a ton of fun, and I'm a bit disappointed we didn't try Be Our Guest. Try to time it so you're riding Splash Mountain while the fireworks are going on (Big Thunder works, too), because it's one of the best things to do, in my experience. And the Festival of Fantasy daytime parade is cute if you can see it, but the nighttime Halloween parade is awesome! The Haunted Mansion is always a must, and I think the Frozen Sing-Along will still be playing in Hollywood Studios. Try to find your favorite character for a meet and greet, if you can. And try to book fastpasses in advance!

But a quick note, since some people have mentioned pin trading- cheap lots on eBay are usually fake pins, so please try not to trade those! I've gotten "scrappers," as pin fakies are called, numerous times, and it's a big problem in the pin trading community. Some of them are pricey, and I can understand just wanting cheap ones to trade. But it's never fun trading with a Cast Member only to realize the pin you got was a knock off.

YES! I agree with getting on Splash Mountain during the fireworks. I regret not getting my phone out to take a picture when I did that during my last trip for my 21st! It was absolutely beautiful! I'm hoping to do the same again with the hubs!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal