collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm headed to Disney World (and Diagon Alley) in a Week! Suggestions?  (Read 1201 times)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I'm headed to Disney World (and Diagon Alley) in a Week! Suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 10:35:13 AM »
The Be Our Guest restaurant's line looked insanely long... most people who walked up when we did decided not to do it. Even the quote was crazy. But it actually went really fast and we were so glad we waited! Okay, I didn't like the food, but the inside is really amazing. It took less than half the time they quoted I think it was.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2014, 11:31:09 AM »
Oh thank you for the thread!

I have questions for anyone who has been to Disneyland as well.

Some of the rides have the same names but are they actually the same?

Soarin over California, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Ariel's Undersea Adventure......there's a few more I think. '

I don't want to duplicate unnecessarily. Thanks in Advance! :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 11:33:00 AM by teresat »
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2014, 01:37:18 PM »
Ariel is exactly the same.  The others are extremely close but slightly different.  I've heard soarin'is the same, but I've never ridden either.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 05:36:40 PM »
I went to Disneyworld in 2007; I go to Disneyland at least once every other year.  :)

Soarin' is completely the same (there are rumors they're filming a new one but not yet.). Ariel's should be the same but with a different facade.  Space Mountain is very similar but, if IIRC, faster?  Haunted Mansion was closed when I went.

Big Thunder is longer than the Disneyland version.
Buzz Lightyear and Pirates are quite a bit shorter.
Because Star Tours has so many variations now, it should be different every time you go on it.  :). (Are you doing Hollywood Studios?  Or just Magic Kingdom and Epcot

If it's still open, I recommend Maelstorm if only because they're closing it soon for a Frozen themed ride.  I hear the Mine Train is neat.

Have an awesome trip!  :)

Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 06:17:22 PM »
Ariel and the Mansion are mostly the same, but I think the WDW versions have an extra scene or two compared to Disneyland. I know for sure that the Disneyland Haunted Mansion is a slightly shorter ride (and the outer theme is completely different), but I'm not entirely sure about Ariel.

Maelstrom closed like a week or two ago, too. :(
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 07:53:08 PM »
Thanks so much for all the advice guys! There were several things I wasn't planning that I'll definitely have to try now! I didn't know about the Diagon Alley wands or that the train ride was different each way. We've never tried riding splash mountain during the fireworks, but that's my husband's favorite ride, so will have to do that! I'll also have to check eBay for some pins that might arrive in time! And there's so much else I've learned from you guys!

I'm glad others are finding this thread useful! I've never been to Disneyland, but I hear there are some differences.

I wish I could take you all! Disney World is so much fun when you have more people!
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 11:05:45 PM »
The special wands work in both Hogsmead and Diagon Alley, but the spells in Diagon Alley are just super impressive.

My son was lucky enough to be the kid chosen to have the wand choose him at Olivanders.  He was so excited.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 11:57:50 PM »
OMG and the Toy Story game, I can't remember which park it was now, is soooo fun! You basically all have guns and blast targets, they spin you about and you start blasting more and it's a competition between you and your ride mates. It's a must! We enjoyed that far more than like anything else we tried. Google says it's in Hollywood Studios!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 02:58:24 PM »
I so want to go the Harry Potter exhibits.  The first and last time I went to Disney was when I was around 13 and at the time they were mapping out Animal Kingdom so it has been a long time.  I've wondered about the Gringott's Bank vault ride...is it like an actual roller coaster...as in going up high upside down and what not?  I'm afraid of heights and have always wondered.  Also, I've heard about the one where you fly with Harry but it goes up high but was told it's dark so you can't tell but I can feel when I'm up high even when I can't see it so it freaks me out.  I have no problems with planes though.

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 04:06:32 PM »
Majesty, both are inside in the dark with a screen in front of you.  So you can't tell if you're up high or not.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2014, 03:15:48 AM »
Aw, so lucky!!  I would love to go one day, at least I can dream :)    And the Harry Potter theme park sounds amaaazing  :heart:

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »
Toy Story Mania is Fastplus only right now :(

I'm doing the same trip! Taking my mother in law, who has never been. Doing Epcot Food and Wine, Halloween Party, and Harry Potter.

Report back your experiences! I'm going in a week!

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 07:46:36 PM »
Toy Story Mania is Fastplus only right now :(

I'm doing the same trip! Taking my mother in law, who has never been. Doing Epcot Food and Wine, Halloween Party, and Harry Potter.

Report back your experiences! I'm going in a week!

(I'm posting some pics of related meet-and-greets I did in the spoilers in case you want to be totally surprised by the characters!)

It was amazing! Do not miss the Villains Mix and Mingle or Hallowishes shows! For the Wishes and Hallowishes extention, make sure to sit at the end of Main Street just before the circle; you see the whole show from there and it is so cool! Right after the Halowishes, move up closer to the stage for the repeat showing of the Villains Mix and Mingle. These shows were some of the absolute best!

If you want to meet Jack and Sally, get in line around 6:15. They actually started before 7 even though the time shows as starting then. If you like the show, don't miss that meet-and-greet! Jack sounds exactly like he does from the show.

Spoiler

A great way to meet characters without lines is to go to the Dance Party in Fronterland. If you go during the first parade (which I recommend going to the second less crowded parade anyway, and it is another not-to-be missed fun thing to see!), there's hardly any other people in there, so it's a great time to go!

Spoiler

The Governor really new how to throw down some moves!

The Food and Wine Festival was so fun. Going in a group is great; you can try a few bites of everything that way. Our favorites were the cheddar soup and steak item at the Canada both, and the waffles from Belguim but everything was pretty amazing. It's fun getting the passport; you get a stamp at each both you visit, and you can check the items you tried so you can remember!

I regretted not making time for pin trading. I will definitely be getting pins on eBay before we go next time.

Feel free to ask me any questions! It was an amazing time!

Spoiler

Even Pooh and Friends have dressed up! (Eeyore is my favorite.)
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2014, 12:00:16 PM »
I waited for four months again to go to Le Cellier for their poutine, and it's a must for anyone going to Epcot. I DREAMED OF IT FOR A YEAR.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal