collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Would you buy these Funko Recolors?  (Read 1509 times)

WhiteHeather

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Would you buy these Funko Recolors?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »
Roseluck is probably the only one of these I'd personally buy, but I definitely prefer the idea of these recolors to glitter ponies and black bodied ponies.

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2014, 10:38:26 PM »
honestly the only "recolors" i like are the glitters. I hate the thought of having to pay such inflated prices. I am hoping they make them more widely available.

Black bodied ponies are not what I prefer. Glow in the dark may be of some interest.

On a final note, I like some of the new characters you presented.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2014, 10:40:39 PM »
I most likely would buy a good portion of them. Not all but a bunch. I would definitely get the G1 ponies (Firefly and Sparkler), probably the other fiddler pony, Fleetfoot and  Roseluck.

I love the idea of Firefly as a Fair/MLP convention exclusive. :D

I don't mind recolors. Molds can be expensive :P I love the Glitter and Metallic Variants.
~Foxtale~

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 12:15:31 AM »
TBH I really don't like the glitter/black/metallic variants.  Re-colors are fine with me, they've done this since the beginning, after all, isn't muffin essentially a recolor of Rainbow Dash??

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 12:50:58 AM »
I would also buy Firefly and Roseluck. The others....ehh probably not. Im totally game for them making so many new characters, but I would want new poses so they dont follow the Hasbro blindbag trend....

Im also game with the idea of them making only minis! Im running out of space fast LOL so the minis sound like a great idea right now.

Post Merge: October 09, 2014, 12:52:57 AM

TBH I really don't like the glitter/black/metallic variants.  Re-colors are fine with me, they've done this since the beginning, after all, isn't muffin essentially a recolor of Rainbow Dash??

They look super similar indeed! Muffins mane and tail has a different mold however, but the body pretty much the same!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 12:58:08 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 08:13:12 AM »
Hi AN! I would enjoy minis of the recolors!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 08:19:41 AM »

They are sorta similar but Rainbow Dash and Daring have the same hairstyle, while :muffin: Pony and Raindrops have the same.

I would also buy Firefly and Roseluck. The others....ehh probably not. Im totally game for them making so many new characters, but I would want new poses so they dont follow the Hasbro blindbag trend....

Funkos are so awesome I MAKE room for them! :P

Hi AN! I would enjoy minis of the recolors!

Hi! That would be a cool series of minis if we still got another minis set with the new molds.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:21:36 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 08:28:57 AM »
honestly the only "recolors" i like are the glitters. I hate the thought of having to pay such inflated prices. I am hoping they make them more widely available.

Stalk your local Hot Topic. Seriously. I'm only missing one of the currently available glitters, and that' mostly due to the fact that she was a Toys R Us exclusive last year and the glitters didn't start showing up until this year.

There are about 6 or 7 Hot Topic's that I can drive to easily, so my fiance and I will call around every weekend to see if they have any new figures in stock, then we'll ask specifically for glitters. Usually they're really nice about it, and they'll even hold them for a short period of time if you ask (not sure if they all work this way, but I know some of the ones around here do).

I've paid between $15 and $25 (depending on their original cost) for over half of the glitters I own, I was lucky enough to receive two of them in pre-orders and I've traded for two. I refuse to pay inflated eBay prices, although Bon Bon was the only exception.

I'm also with you on only liking the glitter variants. GITD is cool, but I like how they did it with the Mystery Minis as opposed to the larger ones. The GITD Doctor Hooves figure looks like a regular one so I've skipped getting it.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 08:35:38 AM »
Yep, I'd buy all of these.  I have no interest at all in Funko variants, but new characters?  Count me in. 

There are some I'd be much more excited for than others, like Firefly, Sparkler, and Roseluck, but yeah I think I'd eventually end up with all of them. :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 09:24:56 AM »
I've tried to repaint some of my own (Melody & Firefly) so yeah, I probably would get those- and also wouldn't mind all of the Wonderbolts.

But I'd really rather that they release them in the mini form, I am liking those so much more, and they are so much easier to display/store!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »
I've tried to repaint some of my own (Melody & Firefly) so yeah, I probably would get those- and also wouldn't mind all of the Wonderbolts.

But I'd really rather that they release them in the mini form, I am liking those so much more, and they are so much easier to display/store!

Cool, the wonderbolts would be so great! But standard size funkos are the same size as G1s! I wish minis never existed tbh

For Sale Wants

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 11:26:16 AM »
Same with me  - I only own a few of the Minis, and I like them more than the full-sized ones due to space. xD I admit that I wouldn't mind seing a MM-sized glitter Funko. I think it would be kinda cute. But if they ever did that, I would want it to be a whole wave of mini glitters, not just a select two or three.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 11:45:46 AM »
For me any new character they haven't made is an auto buy at this point XD I'm sick of the same few ponies over and over...

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
I'd definitely buy Firefly and Fiddlesticks (the name given to the Octavia look alike).

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 03:42:28 AM »
I like Roseluck and Sprinkle Medley!
:fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal