collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Snow globe Princesses at Walmart  (Read 2721 times)

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Snow globe Princesses at Walmart
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 03:27:00 AM »
I've made my poor boyfriend hunt all over for them and he finally found them at target near disney. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 10:01:04 AM »
I was going to get the Luna one but after some debate I decided not to.  First, I feel like they should have been bigger instead of the same size as the figures.  Second, I worry about what will happen to it in the future.  If it leaks for some reason it's going to make a mess.  I figured it must have some kind of gel and/or water and I'm not interested in cleaning it up.

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 10:16:28 AM »
so want luna she need to ba added to my  luna army xD

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 10:25:15 AM »
  Second, I worry about what will happen to it in the future.  If it leaks for some reason it's going to make a mess.  I figured it must have some kind of gel and/or water and I'm not interested in cleaning it up.

As tempting as they are, I've passed on them for that reason, too. I've always heard that translucent plastic is more prone to breaking down and becoming more brittle compared to others. So that could cause leakage, too, if that glue on the seals doesn't break down first. Also, I'm not sure what that fluid is in there but I also wager that will dry out or evaporate over time. Once that happens the appeal of a snowglobe pony is totally lost. You'll be stuck with yet another Celestia-Luna-Cadance-Twilight with a gimmick that isn't even there anymore. Maybe if they had made them totally different characters instead of the ones they've produced a million times already I'd be more inclined to buy one. It'd be like "Well she's not a snowglobe anymore but at least I still have Princess Winter Winds. She was never released in any other set and she is still pretty."
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:31:25 AM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »
I want to see them in person... all the pictures I've seen online look a little unappealing to me, but I'm sure they're prettier up close. :)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 02:39:38 PM »

Second, I worry about what will happen to it in the future.  If it leaks for some reason it's going to make a mess.  I figured it must have some kind of gel and/or water and I'm not interested in cleaning it up.

As tempting as they are, I've passed on them for that reason, too. I've always heard that translucent plastic is more prone to breaking down and becoming more brittle compared to others. So that could cause leakage, too, if that glue on the seals doesn't break down first. Also, I'm not sure what that fluid is in there but I also wager that will dry out or evaporate over time. Once that happens the appeal of a snowglobe pony is totally lost. You'll be stuck with yet another Celestia-Luna-Cadance-Twilight with a gimmick that isn't even there anymore. Maybe if they had made them totally different characters instead of the ones they've produced a million times already I'd be more inclined to buy one. It'd be like "Well she's not a snowglobe anymore but at least I still have Princess Winter Winds. She was never released in any other set and she is still pretty."

They are made of a hard plastic so they shouldn't get brittle. I'd be excited about these even if they didn't have water and glitter in them since they are still clear, glass looking versions of the princesses. The "snowglobe" gimmick is just a bonus and if we are lucky the glitter will still shake around once the water is gone.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2014, 02:46:48 PM »
I want to see them in person... all the pictures I've seen online look a little unappealing to me, but I'm sure they're prettier up close. :)
They're gorgeous in person, especially if they're close to a light (a lamp, sunlight from the window, etc.). I love mine!
Instagram / Want List

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2014, 03:38:02 PM »
When I actually to see them I was so surprised how small they were.  Other than that they are pretty awesome :D!
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal