collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Book Thread - What You've Read, What You're Reading, What You Want to Read  (Read 1069 times)

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
What I've Read-way to many to list I ready roughly a book a week,the last book I read was City of Heavenly Fire

What I'm Reading-goblet of fire,once I started the H/P custom swap I brought the series and started to read them x

What I Want to Read-again loads lol I just picked up the host so may try that next x

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Have read: way too many to count.  I have Kindle Unlimited and this is both a good and bad thing. 

Current reading: Venus Envy by Rita Mae Brown.  Tuney, check her stuff out...
Also working through a mystery series by Ginny Gold.  Rather lite stuff, but fun. 

Want to read:  oh jeez!!!!  again too many to list.  There are a bunch on my Fire that need reading but I keep finding more.  It's congenital I tell ya!!!!!!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Wow, this is a bigger response than I expected! Haha

I'll be reading through everyone's posts tonight!

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
 With  encouragement from Nekoi =)I  set up an Arena book lovers club on good reads
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/147388-mlp-arena-book-lovers-club
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
I read several books at the same time.

What I've read: At home it was Toward the Light by Andrej Djakov. The Metro Universe was originally created by Dmitry Glukhovsky and takes place in postapocalyptic Russia. A nuclear catastrophy has hit the earth and the surviving people are living in the metro (subways). The world outside is radioactive and filled with dangerous mutants. Only a handful of brave people, called stalkers, ventures outside. Glukhovskys world hit it big and videogames as well as a bunch of fanfictions popped up and he allowed some of them to be published as books. Andrej Djakovs was the first of the published fanfics of the universe to be translated to Swedish. And it was really good. It was a treat to read about another world and a culture you don't see in todays popculture media.

At the same time, in my purse, I had Orlando by Virginia Woolf which I read at lunchbreaks and pauses. It was vimsical but had a livid and colourful language and was beautiful.

After that I felt like revisiting Sherlock Holmes and at a sale almost a year ago I found two books by Sir Arthus Conan Doyle. One containing his four novels and the other his short stories. I've already read A Study in Scarlet and The sign of Four.

Currently I am reading The Hound of the Baskervilles.

I will be reading the Valley of Fear eventually. I'm going on a trip tomorrow and will bring a pocket book of Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane. I've been holding on it sinse I bought it this summer, just for this trip.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Beldarna, and cuddlebug I am reading the Sherlock stories as well!! Maybe we should have a separate Sherlock reading thread ;)

Books I just read: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (because my best friend made me ;) ) Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier and Asylum by Madeline Roux. Now I am starting Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I am slowly picking through that top 100 BBC list thing that people were spreading around. I usually read something classic-ish then something lighter (usually YA or juvenille).
I also read: The Pumpkin that Hated Halloween, Escape from the City Zoo and These Aren't The Droids You Are Looking For to my kids yesterday ;) lol

I keep a reading log/book review on my Facebook notes. I think I'll print it out at the end of the year just to have a hard-copy record.

Books I want to read next: Hollow City by Ransom Riggs, and then I'll probably make myself read some Dickens or something else on my BBC book list.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 09:18:32 AM by Salli »

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
What I've read recently - young adult novels, or course! That's my library area of interest for my job, so.

I just read books one and two of The Raven Cycle (TheRaven Boys and The Dream Theives) by Maggie Stiefvater, really enjoyed them. If you enjoy supernatural mysteries I'd recommend them. I think the characters are very well written. I can't wait for the third book.

I also finally read The Hunger Games. I'm currently reading Catching Fire. Yeah, I'm behind the times on this one, haha.

I recently read Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block. Her writing is always just phenomenal to me. Her character and world building is inspiring. One reviewer sums it up well with "A post-apocalyptic setting awash with danger brings an exhilarating twist to Block’s signature mashup of rock-and-roll urchins and high literature." I need to read the next book, The Island of Excess Love. It's on my list!

I'm also currently reading another Francesca Lia Block book, Pretty Dead, which is about vampires. So, always fun!

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
Ah man, I love this post but it's hard to answer any of these criteria! Here's my Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2384499-kirsten (If you friend me on there just let me know you're from the arena!). As you can see on there, I have 823 books "to read" (though the number is really much bigger than that).

Currently I'm reading a surprisingly good paranormal investigation genre novel. It's called "Magic Bites" and it's waaay better than I expected it to be when I started it! In fact, I think it's moving to my favorites shelf when I finish it. The protagonist is a super strong female, and doesn't take any c**p from anyone! That's an often advertised trait in protagonists that usually ends up being untrue. Usually I'm not a fan of urban or paranormal fantasy -- I like traditional "high" fantasy -- but this is one of the few series' I'm going to continue in the genre (the one other series I can highly recommend is Patricia Briggs's "Mercy Thompson" series).

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
I also finally read The Hunger Games. I'm currently reading Catching Fire. Yeah, I'm behind the times on this one, haha
Don't feel bad. I finally read this whole series in September through November of 2013 (quickest I've read anything!). Way behind on the times too.
I read a book called the Owl Keeper last summer; it's YA, I recommend it, it's a quick easy read and kinda fun in an odd way...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile
I also finally read The Hunger Games. I'm currently reading Catching Fire. Yeah, I'm behind the times on this one, haha
Don't feel bad. I finally read this whole series in September through November of 2013 (quickest I've read anything!). Way behind on the times too.
I read a book called the Owl Keeper last summer; it's YA, I recommend it, it's a quick easy read and kinda fun in an odd way...

I've always wanted to read Battle Royale. Has anyone here tried it?

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
What I've read - The Disappearing Spoon and Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World From the Periodic Table of the Elements; A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich; Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea; Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5); and the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Currently reading - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (it's the first 12 short stories)

Want to read - The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6)

I'm in a monthly book group, so I read books that I wouldn't normally pick up, and usually I'm glad for it. You really should be on Good Reads!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline Primrose

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Love this thread! :read:

What I've read: Game of Thrones--This was a huge disappointment for me. I knew it was a drama and people warned me not to get too attached, but does something horrendous have to happen to everyone? I thought I might become a fan of this series, but now I'm debating whether or not to read the rest of the series.

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. Loved it.

Currently reading: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Want to Read: Anna Karenina, Don Quixote, The Bell Jar, The Whistling Season, Little Women, Dragon Keeper, the rest of the Redwall series...and so many more.

I like classic literature, historical fiction, fantasy, mysteries, and some contemporary fiction as well.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
I have read way too many books that I've lost count! I'm about to start reading Pennyroyal Academy since it's written by MLP writer, and friend, M.A. Larson! I can't wait to read it!
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
    • View Profile

I'm in a monthly book group, so I read books that I wouldn't normally pick up, and usually I'm glad for it. You really should be on Good Reads!

Oh, I have an account there. But I still find it completely overwhelming!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
What I've read:

* Malice Toward None: Abraham Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address  by Jack E. Levin
* Reaching for the Invisible God: What Can We Expect to Find? by Philip Yancey

What I'm reading:

* Knowing God by J.I. Packer
* The Promise Of Low Dose Naltrexone Therapy: Potential Benefits in Cancer, Autoimmune, Neurological and Infectious Disorders by Elaine A. Moore
* The Enemy Within, Straight Talk About the Power and Defeat of Sin by Kris Lundgaard

What I want to read:

*George Washington: The Crossing by Jack E. Levin
*The OSTEENification of American Christianity by Hank Hanegraaff
*The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

I'm on Goodreads, too. Let's see if this is the right link: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/17197129-tammy
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal