collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sims 4!  (Read 828 times)

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Sims 4!
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:41:48 PM »
I saw there had been thread for TS3 so I thought I would start one for 4!

Anyone here play? ^.^

I got mine back in September and I just love the game! I tried to play TS3 and I just couldn't get into it, but 4 is so much more reminiscent of Sims 2 which I absolutely love. Sure there are a few things I would change, but ultimately I think it's fantastic ^^ I just recently started downloading custom content for it. I was surprised to see so much considering the game has not been out long!

I am already experiencing glitches though which is annoying D; I did an experiment to see if it was my CC, however the glitches remained just the same even when I removed it. Anyone else that plays have any problems with it?

Can't wait to meet fellow Simmers! :heart:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Sims 4!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
I don't have The Sims 4 yet, but I plan on getting it soon!  It's good to hear that it's like The Sims 2 because I also loved that one and wasn't the biggest fan of 3 for various reasons.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:07:27 AM »
Ugh...I'll stick to Sims 3 :P

Sims 2 and Sims 4 look too weird :s
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 01:53:43 PM »
I only have them for my PS and WII.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 12:46:24 PM »
I've been playing The Sims series since The Sims 1 (although to be fair I came in with the last year of The Sims 1), but I have to say that for the first time with The Sims 4, I will pass.

As a long-time fan, I thought I would keep on going, but The Sims 4 broke the chain. I have long-time fan 'fatigue' now, I suppose. EA has become way too greedy with the series. I've already spent so much darn money on Expansion Packs that give no benefit whatsoever to me when the new base-game comes out (Pets and Seasons having no presence in The Sims 4's base-game is pathetic) and to be honest, I'm worn out. Don't care to do it once again. They might have had me again if TS4 had been a significant expansion of the previous title like TS2 and TS3 were, but... TS4 does nothing to make me excited. There's nothing compelling about it whatsoever. It'd be like paying money to pay more money. lol

I just built and ordered a PC to run TS3 plus all Expansion Packs as perfectly as possible, and TBH, I'm happy I don't even have to worry about The Sims 4 and giving me the urge to 'upgrade' again.

I will keep my eyes out for The Sims 5 if that happens. But The Sims 4 is a lost-cause in my eyes.

|My Collection|

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
I've been playing The Sims series since The Sims 1 (although to be fair I came in with the last year of The Sims 1), but I have to say that for the first time with The Sims 4, I will pass.

As a long-time fan, I thought I would keep on going, but The Sims 4 broke the chain. I have long-time fan 'fatigue' now, I suppose. EA has become way too greedy with the series. I've already spent so much darn money on Expansion Packs that give no benefit whatsoever to me when the new base-game comes out (Pets and Seasons having no presence in The Sims 4's base-game is pathetic) and to be honest, I'm worn out. Don't care to do it once again. They might have had me again if TS4 had been a significant expansion of the previous title like TS2 and TS3 were, but... TS4 does nothing to make me excited. There's nothing compelling about it whatsoever. It'd be like paying money to pay more money. lol

I just built and ordered a PC to run TS3 plus all Expansion Packs as perfectly as possible, and TBH, I'm happy I don't even have to worry about The Sims 4 and giving me the urge to 'upgrade' again.

I will keep my eyes out for The Sims 5 if that happens. But The Sims 4 is a lost-cause in my eyes.
I kinda feel the same way. I feel like 3 JUST came out (I know it's been years, but with all the expansions... it still feels too new). Honestly, I'm thinking about going back to playing 2. 3 has some improvements, but I do hate having to buy so many expansions, and I feel like the base sets get less items and things with each new version. 2 is the only Sims game that I bought almost all of the expansions to.

Eventually I'll try 4. I know I will. But not right now.

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 04:10:41 PM »
Looks like I am the only one then :p bummer cause I thought I would have some people to chat with about it!

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 07:10:10 PM »
I kinda feel the same way. I feel like 3 JUST came out (I know it's been years, but with all the expansions... it still feels too new). Honestly, I'm thinking about going back to playing 2. 3 has some improvements, but I do hate having to buy so many expansions, and I feel like the base sets get less items and things with each new version. 2 is the only Sims game that I bought almost all of the expansions to.

Yeah, the years of The Sims 3 flew by really fast. The awkwardness of The Sims 4 being such a stagnation of the series, adds on to make The Sims 3 feels like it's still 'new' to me as well. TS4 does not feel like a sequel, just like... it's there. Like a console The Sims title. Lol.

I understand, the amount of content has waned horribly. I was aggravated, but I put up with it in The Sims 3 because overall I saw a game that did enough for me as opposed to The Sims 2 to keep on going (it took some time for me to move on past The Sims 2, but TS3 always had something it could call its own, and eventually I grew to love that more). In The Sims 4 the greed will further put the nails in the coffin. (As the lack of Seasons already did lol)

Looks like I am the only one then :p bummer cause I thought I would have some people to chat with about it!

Aww I'm sorry. =(

I'm sure as the years pass by you will find many who like The Sims 4, and some who even proclaim it to be the best... That's just the way it works, even if I wish TS4 could blow up in EA's face so they would stop getting away with releasing such shoddy products. They're the only one who makes a series like The Sims, it's an important series to me... So I will not simply let it go.

I hope you enjoy it, though. =)

|My Collection|

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 07:25:53 PM »
I am confused , however. Why does TS4 have such a bad rep?
I certainly see things worth improving such as there are no toddlers. I remember getting Sims 3 when it came out and there was absolutely no content on it at all and you had to go buy things on their website. tS4 had the most base content I have ever seen a sims game have! I was super happy with it :) I could actually make decent looking sims without CC. And don't even get me started on how easy it is to build! Lol that is my weak point so I was stoked when I discovered I could just push and pull walls and the furniture would adjust accordingly.
 I am just curious to know why so many dislike it :silly:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:28:41 PM by MonstarNomNom »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 07:35:49 PM »
I wonder why so many hate Sims 3 :/ its like Generation 3 for MLP...
Oh no!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 07:37:45 PM »
Well I have a rule not to bother with a Sims game until they add pets since they are an essential part of life to me. I might get it once they put out the pet expansion since it does seem they improved the game engine even if they did remove features that earlier base games had. As much as I would have liked pets in the base game it has never been in any base game before so I'm not shocked.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 07:41:35 PM »
I saw a promo picture with a couple of dogs in it :s maybe pets are already in the base game?
Oh no!

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 07:47:50 PM »
I certainly see things worth improving such as there are no toddlers. I remember getting Sims 3 when it came out and there was absolutely no content on it at all and you had to go buy things on their website. tS4 had the most base content I have ever seen a sims game have! I was super happy with it :) I could actually make decent looking sims without CC. And don't even get me started on how easy it is to build! Lol that is my weak point so I was stoked when I discovered I could just push and pull walls and the furniture would adjust accordingly.

For me personally, it's not a matter of the base-game of The Sims 4 being particularly bad itself or lacking in terms of content (although I could argue that in many cases). The problem is in what it brings to the table over the past iterations of the series. You know, what makes it a sequel worth moving onto.

The Sims 2 added features like aging, wants/fears, aspirations, etc. The Sims 3 added the open world, story progression, Create a Style, weight slider, etc.

The Sims 4 adds... Emotions? That's it. Nothing at all on the level of what The Sims 2 and 3 brought to the series. If this were a simple one-title per 'generation' release like most other game series, it wouldn't be a big deal and I might still try it out... But when I know it's an incomplete game and features were held back to be added in very pricey Expansion Packs later (Seasons, Pets, Toddlers, etc., etc., etc.) it becomes a huge issue.

The fact that The Sims 4 does so little to set itself apart from The Sims 3 in any way positive is the problem I have with it. As I said, maybe I've been playing the series for too long. EA clearly doesn't care about longtime fans like me anymore. Some will still eat it up, but not me... Burning that much money on such an insignificant 'upgrade' just doesn't sit right with me.

|My Collection|

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »

For me personally, it's not a matter of the base-game of The Sims 4 being particularly bad itself or lacking in terms of content (although I could argue that in many cases). The problem is in what it brings to the table over the past iterations of the series. You know, what makes it a sequel worth moving onto.

The Sims 2 added features like aging, wants/fears, aspirations, etc. The Sims 3 added the open world, story progression, Create a Style, weight slider, etc.

The Sims 4 adds... Emotions? That's it. Nothing at all on the level of what The Sims 2 and 3 brought to the series. If this were a simple one-title per 'generation' release like most other game series, it wouldn't be a big deal and I might still try it out... But when I know it's an incomplete game and features were held back to be added in very pricey Expansion Packs later (Seasons, Pets, Toddlers, etc., etc., etc.) it becomes a huge issue.

The fact that The Sims 4 does so little to set itself apart from The Sims 3 in any way positive is the problem I have with it. As I said, maybe I've been playing the series for too long. EA clearly doesn't care about longtime fans like me anymore. Some will still eat it up, but not me... Burning that much money on such an insignificant 'upgrade' just doesn't sit right with me.
I heard that they now can actually die from being angry too long :s which is sad :c and another reason why I'm not gonna purchase Sims 4 :s I'll end up having alotta ghost in my town! Dx
Oh no!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 09:21:35 PM »
I too have been playing the sims since it started and can see why you feel that way. Everyone is different I suppose! x3 I felt the way you do about TS4 with TS3, but some differing reasons. Such as how greatly Maxis frowned on CC and made it super difficult to put into the game to make you buy their stuff on the website.

The Sims will always remain one of my favorite series I'm sure despite its downfalls though ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal