collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Scottish Independence Referendum  (Read 3772 times)

Sprintex

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Scottish Independence Referendum
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »
To be honest, ever since 'New Labour' in the 90s we have never had a true Labour party. They have all been favouring the rich at the expense of the common man. Part of the reason for the deficit is a failure to close the massive tax loopholes abused by corporations. Instead of making big business pay up, we're losing out even more by bailing them out with our taxes whilst we're suffering ridiculous cuts to public services.  :mad:  I had hoped the Lib Dems might represent a more genuinely liberal choice, but then they shacked up with the Conservatives too. So it's more of the same.

Couldn't agree more  :nod:

Paul

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish Independence Referendum
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2014, 01:21:03 PM »
To be honest, ever since 'New Labour' in the 90s we have never had a true Labour party. They have all been favouring the rich at the expense of the common man. Part of the reason for the deficit is a failure to close the massive tax loopholes abused by corporations. Instead of making big business pay up, we're losing out even more by bailing them out with our taxes whilst we're suffering ridiculous cuts to public services.  :mad:  I had hoped the Lib Dems might represent a more genuinely liberal choice, but then they shacked up with the Conservatives too. So it's more of the same. At least there is a growing awareness and backlash against the political and economic status quo. So that gives me some hope.  :)

This sounds just like the U.S... Obviously I have no right to an opinion, but I am sad for those who are unhappy with the result. I am also so blown away at how many people actually voted (THAT is really unlike the U.S.)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal