collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Best Thrift Store Finds You Ever Had?  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Best Thrift Store Finds You Ever Had?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2014, 02:43:21 AM »
a couple of Moxie Teens doll for 50p each (one had her wig)
aww, you're too lucky! ^^ right now I wish I were you :3
I would love to find Bijou this way... in fact, I believe the only way I would be able to get her would be this way, unfortunately I just can't justify the price she's usually going for on eBay  >_<
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 03:10:21 AM »
Found a Steiff Bambi for $.99 and sold for $100+

:dropjaw: OMG I LOVE that Bambii! SO JELLY! I would stick him right by my doorway! ahhhh! Seriously, .99cents!???
 :drunk:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 06:29:50 AM »
a couple of Moxie Teens doll for 50p each (one had her wig)
aww, you're too lucky! ^^ right now I wish I were you :3
I would love to find Bijou this way... in fact, I believe the only way I would be able to get her would be this way, unfortunately I just can't justify the price she's usually going for on eBay  >_<

Just had a look at the completed listings on eBay - I didn't realise they went for that much!!! I don't know much about them at all. I do love my girls though!

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 12:53:34 PM »
Let's see....This week I found SHS Sunblossom with intact earring and pink hair, Party Time with almost no regrind, NBT baby Dibbles, Sunshine pony Beach Ball with NO head/body mismatch, perfect symbols and hair that is smooth and soft and still changes color! Also found G1 Bride, Sunshine Sundance with soft color changing hair, regular Sundance, Peachy, and the best EVER, Slugger with his bandana! Slugger has a couple of small spots of regrind but it isn't horrible, his hair is soft and long, and he even had his MINT bandana!
I've also found lots of Monster High, Deluxe Rarity and blue crowned Twilight EQG's, vintage Jem dolls, LLL herself and 2 Silky Manes and an entire bag full of every accessory for the G1 Nursery (including bow) and it had a bunch of other pony stuff in it, including the green Big Brother frog brush!
The most wonderful, valuable and precious one I've found is when I was in Toronto and my BF was in surgery having a kidney and pancreas transplant. I just couldn't wait in the waiting room for 6 hours, so I went thrifting to pass the time and get my mind off the worry and maybe make time go faster. I went into the last thrift before heading back to the hospital when a little orange foot caught my eye. It was Fashion Style Applejack with ALL her accessories for $2.99!! I knew then that it was a sign and that he'd be Ok, and he was. I'll never sell this pony because of that :)

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »
I also found Bonnie Bonnets, Princess Serena, Hula Hula and I forget who the last one was plus a baggie full of accessories including a lollypop barrette! Each was $1.65.
My Mom called me about MIB Strawberry shortcake dolls in an antique store across town and had all of them put on hold for me. I picked up like 6 for $12 each and sold them for $35 to $50 each.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »

Ooo... I love hearing about finds.  It gives me hope.

I haven't found anything really rare.  But there are two that I just love.

A Liv doll.  She had a mark on her forehead but it came right off and a mystery barbie.  I don't normally like Barbies, but she looked so familiar and lost that she had to be rescued.  It would have been like leaving family or something.  I think my sister had one just like her.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2014, 07:57:44 AM »
Hollywood barbie :) :) and a barbie from 1962 :)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2014, 09:25:59 AM »
I recently found a Bambi ornament from the 60s-70's! Hes all old lookng and flocked in fuzzies. Appatently he was part of the Walt Disney Production collection ornaments and were sold at Sears, there were 3 different Bambi ornaments. I recently restored him since he looked all beat up!

I also found a lion king print from the 90's someone framed, but I didnt think to buy it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal