collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll Hair Varieties?  (Read 211 times)

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Doll Hair Varieties?
« on: September 09, 2014, 01:22:23 AM »
I'm working on an art doll right now, and plan to make her a wig from scratch. The colour is going to be natural, a sort of strawberry blonde shade. I've looked into mohair which seems to give nice effects, but does anyone have any other recommendations of types of hair/brands of doll hair you can buy? She's going to have a bob sort of like this:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/still/the-wind-rises-image04.jpg

So I need a type of hair which can be easily styled or at least will keep its shape well in a natural way. Any of you doll artists have any advice for a newbie? :)

Offline kCherry

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+244)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • *-* Smart Doll Obsessed *-*
    • View Profile
    • Studio 7th Sanctuary is now on Facebook
Re: Doll Hair Varieties?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:02:24 AM »
Ouch! Loaded question!! LOL I can't help too much in the way of in-depth information but I can give you a kind of summary. XD
  There are many different types of hair out there and probably several would be suitable for what you are looking for. Mohair is one of the most natural types of commonly used fibers for doll wigs. However it is not the easiest to work with and typically requires patience and practice to achieve polished-looking results.
  Synthetic hair can be found in a TON of different types and textures and can also provide a natural look. They all have different qualities and I would suggest some research to get a better idea of which kind of hair would be closest to what you are looking for.

Hopefully somepony else will come along who can offer a bit more advice for you. Good luck!! :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop O Ponies *** My Youtube Channel

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal