collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: American Horror Story: Freak Show(get ready!)  (Read 4408 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: American Horror Story: Freak Show(get ready!)
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »
First time watching any AHS show, and I liked it a lot. Loved Elsa's version of "Life on Mars". That clown, though...omg that clown.  :cry:

I missed who they were all stabbing at the end though... who was that? I missed it the first time and in the rerun!
Spoiler
It was the police guy that was going to arrest and take the twins away before Lobster Boy sliced his throat. They were actually chopping him [police man] up into pieces,  I think. 
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2014, 03:22:50 AM »
I feel like Jessica Lange's charecter is feeling too simular to her previous two charecters.  I'm hoping they make her stand out a bit differently as it progresses. In the last three seasons (including this year) she's played the "strong leader of a group of misfits" and she has simular traits (drinking, self doubt, feeling washed up at times, strong as a leader especially when she needs to stand up against the world, harsh but with occasional moments of having a heart).  Ther German accent doesn't really make Elsa that much different from Fiona. Yet.  Sister Jude was more distinct from Elsa and Fiona, but I still see a lot of the same personality tropes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponybanker

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 10:14:35 PM »
The clown is soooooo creepy he is burned into my mind lol... Flipper boy is a babe lol

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 12:00:58 AM »
I feel like Jessica Lange's charecter is feeling too simular to her previous two charecters.  I'm hoping they make her stand out a bit differently as it progresses. In the last three seasons (including this year) she's played the "strong leader of a group of misfits" and she has simular traits (drinking, self doubt, feeling washed up at times, strong as a leader especially when she needs to stand up against the world, harsh but with occasional moments of having a heart).  Ther German accent doesn't really make Elsa that much different from Fiona. Yet.  Sister Jude was more distinct from Elsa and Fiona, but I still see a lot of the same personality tropes.

I only watched S1 and now this (and a couple episodes from the other two seasons) but I'm totally bored of Lange. Her German accent sounds bad to me and just bleh.. tired of seeing her. I liked her in the first season though. Hope she doesn't bug me the whole time in this one, if I keep watching.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 06:00:29 AM »
I liked her in the first two seasons quite a bit.  Last season wasn't my favorite all around but I wasn't too fond of her role and charecter.  It would have been interesting to see her as one of the side show charecters and not the ring leader this time.  Maybe make her personality softer or ditzy or something different.

Her German does not sound like a German accent to me at all (but my grandparents, my aunt, and most of their friends were immigrants from Germany so I have a bias as to what it should sound like).

The actress who played the sweet and then possessed nun is my favorite. She's so totally different in each role. Very impressive.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:02:39 AM by Marigold »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/mysterious-clowns-terrorizing-california-city/story?id=26157014

NOPE. 

I used to not be afraid of clowns.  Then I met Twisty.  :( 

Offline Silver Glade

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Collector for Life!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 04:44:20 PM »
Don't know what to think of Freak Show yet.  I do like that, according to preview reports and behind-the-scenes clips, the characters that the actors with real conditions/deformities are playing will not simply be background decoration or present for shock value alone.  They will be rounded out through backstories etc. to present them as actual human beings.  What a concept!  ;)

I can't say I'm liking the psycho killer clown thing so far.  It just feels like a way overused trope to be interesting to me.  I'm not a big fan of gore either, which is why Murder House was my favorite season.  It had more focus on the supernatural and psychological scares than just an all-out gorefest.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 07:42:07 PM »
Yes!  I had to look up the very very little lady to see if they actually used an actress with that condition. I was surprised and pleased. She's beautiful too. I just want to know if her voice is really that high pitched too.

divalei

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 05:04:56 AM »
I so wanna watch this season because it sounds interesting and I liked previous seasons (the first one was the best). But, I can't watch this season. Why? Because of the clown. I'm scared of them. I wasn't until I saw a show for kids (I was about 8 or something). There was a clown and laughing stick... Even thinking about them makes me quite uneasy.

Why there has to be a clown...

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2014, 08:20:58 PM »
The clown scares the crap out of me, but I'm entertained. Lange's character doesn't bother me that much. I've always thought she was such an amazing actress the parts she plays even less amazing ones are done so well.

Aww, when the one character died I was a little sad and then reminded myself I'm watching AHS and everyone dies.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline aero_oceana

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/aero_oceana
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »
I am very, very curious to see what the story is going to be behind Twisty the Clown.

Thanks to Sorrow for my gorgeous sig and also for my beautiful avatar!
Formerly known as Aerosmith_Gal.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »
I watched it to see what all the hype was about  :lol: then I saw in the opening credits and it mentioned that Tim Burton was one of the producers(? correct me if i'm wrong) and I decided to stay  ^.^

Its pretty interesting :) i'll definitely be watching the rest of the series XD
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2014, 10:54:19 AM »
I watched it to see what all the hype was about  :lol: then I saw in the opening credits and it mentioned that Tim Burton was one of the producers(? correct me if i'm wrong) and I decided to stay  ^.^

Its pretty interesting :) i'll definitely be watching the rest of the series XD

I think you might mean Tim Minear.  I don't think Burton has anything to do with it. 

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2014, 08:04:04 AM »
 The clown is the creepiest part of this.  I am not afraid of clowns, but I do not like them.  He is just so creepy that I am starting to become afraid of them!  Lol!  I think of everything this season, he is the only thing truly terrifying. 

Spoiler
At first I thought "Dandy" was the clown.  But now that we know he isn't, well, he is certainly going to become like the clown.  I don't understand why the clown didn't outright kill him when he saw what was in his bag.  Seems like based on his killing everyone else he comes in contact with except for his captives, he would have killed Dandy and then gone after his mom if she was still in the house.  Possibly.  At least he would have killed Dandy.  I know for the plot point we needed him alive to join forces, but still.

Another inconsistency:  Elsa loves her "monsters" (her words).  Why would she allow a man like the strong man to belittle them and cause trouble?  I would think her troupe would have told her everything that happened and she would dismiss him from the group.  It seems totally out of character for her to allow him to be there when he is dangerous to them and unkind and cruel.  Hot headed and vengeful.  Just doesn’t make any sense.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »
That episode ... creepier and creepier ...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal