collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time  (Read 3666 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Stuff You've Done - That Made Perfect Sense at the Time
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 04:52:33 PM »
Barbie sure is responsible for instigating a lot of wackiness in the world! I never liked them much, but played with them sometimes (they were never real Barbies...kinda 2 down from her :lol: ) One day when i was about 7 i came home and my (9 yr old) brother had ripped them all limb from limb and had taped them by dental floss hanging from the bunk bead...I laughed so hard! My little sister (5) thought it was terrifying and I had to carefully put everyone back tegether just so she wouldn't lose her mind :lol:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 05:43:39 PM »
These car window stories remind me of a bizarre fear I had. If I had gotten a new toy and we were driving home with the windows open, I would be filled with this intense fear that I would get the urge to chuck the toy out the window. Not of the toy falling out, or me dropping it, mind you - a specific fear that the urge to throw my toy out the window would be so strong that I would not be able to resist it. I was not a toy-destroyer, nor had I particularly heard of people doing this before. Do kids just have this instinct, like blinking and breathing, that tells them it's fun to throw their toys out the window of a moving car?? So the whole way home I'd have my Beanie baby or whatever completely scrunched up because I was clenching my fists around it so hard to make sure there was no risk! XD

My brother went through a "destroy/torture Barbie" phase, too, but I didn't have Barbie dolls. The closest thing I has was a pink fairy Sky Dancer (the kind that got banned but have somehow made a comeback in the last couple years!) So my brother took it and tied it up in a cocoon of what had to be an entire skein of string, just leaving her heard sticking out, and hid it in his room. We found it like eight years later! And my friend's brother would tie Barbie to the ceiling fan and let it rip...

But some of these stories make a lot of sense to me. Thunderwing, I hear you, the Care Bear heart looks exactly like candy!

And using condoms for mermaid tails is actually pretty ingenious. Some toy company should sell different sized mermaid tails with velcro or a drawstring for dolls. But I wonder if Sebby's parents ever had a moment of "How could we have run out of these so fast??"  :lol:
I'll put something here some time

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 05:54:23 PM »
I was convinced that the little red butt heart of a Care Bear was candy. Granted, it didn't taste like much while on there... but I was flat out convinced that if you could get it off, it would be candy. So I spent a lot of time chewing on my care bear's butt heart. I even went so far as to try and convince other kids of the same thing, with limited success.
that's a riot!

I also used to steal my parents condoms to make mermaid tails for my Barbies...

:haha: what happened when they finally found out?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2014, 06:13:32 PM »
LOL I had to laugh to both of these! Cute! :) I have always wondered if I could give my Gerbils a bath!  Cute!!

Lol!  I actually graduated from hamsters to gerbils so I've tried that!  The gerbils wouldn't hold still!  (not to confuse anyone, I was 8 when I had the hamster, you don't need to bathe your rodents!)

I was thinking of pony-related weirdness, but I guess whatever's good for a laugh!  ;)

LOL Ya they don't like to stand still at all. I have two girl Gerbils are pretty smelly and they could use one. 

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2014, 08:19:25 PM »
I was convinced that the little red butt heart of a Care Bear was candy. Granted, it didn't taste like much while on there... but I was flat out convinced that if you could get it off, it would be candy. So I spent a lot of time chewing on my care bear's butt heart. I even went so far as to try and convince other kids of the same thing, with limited success.

this made me laugh SO HARD!!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2014, 08:22:20 PM »
These car window stories remind me of a bizarre fear I had. If I had gotten a new toy and we were driving home with the windows open, I would be filled with this intense fear that I would get the urge to chuck the toy out the window. Not of the toy falling out, or me dropping it, mind you - a specific fear that the urge to throw my toy out the window would be so strong that I would not be able to resist it. I was not a toy-destroyer, nor had I particularly heard of people doing this before. Do kids just have this instinct, like blinking and breathing, that tells them it's fun to throw their toys out the window of a moving car?? So the whole way home I'd have my Beanie baby or whatever completely scrunched up because I was clenching my fists around it so hard to make sure there was no risk! XD

LOL. To be honest, often we're driving along after shopping and I think, "It would be so awful to throw this out the window." And I'd never really do it, but I clutch it close anyway.

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2014, 08:28:22 PM »

:lmao:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2014, 11:51:49 PM »

LOL. To be honest, often we're driving along after shopping and I think, "It would be so awful to throw this out the window." And I'd never really do it, but I clutch it close anyway.

I felt the same way! We we driving up to Minnesota and. I would imagine what it would be like if I threw my neopets plush or pokemon figures out the window! I imagined that they would scream and freak out asking me if I still loved them if I dangled them so I completely stopped bringing toys in the car! O_o

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2014, 01:48:08 AM »
Major lolz at Sebby!!

My cousin and I once thought it was a good idea to throw all of my ponies out of my bedroom window onto the grass below.

Another time we posted them all through our Grandma's letter box from inside to out....

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2014, 04:03:27 AM »
WOW! Some of these bring back childhood memories :)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2014, 08:16:42 AM »
I think I also (along with my sister) used to throw our toys out the second story window and try to catch them! Like my sister would catch them outside on the ground and I would drop them from above! We also used to take our dolls, tie them onto string and see how far we could swing them to our neighbor's window because she  would play with us. We also used to take our stuffies and tie jump rope to them, then stick them on the ceiling fan and turn it on! xD

Also I used to make nasty 'pies' for my doll! I would take my moms diet mountain dew bottlecaps and fill them with water and flour, then 'bake' them in my microwave. Id also cut my Reeses peanut butter cups into pie pieces and feed them to my dolls LMAO!

Also that boy neighbor and I used to take our toys outside and throw them into the air for no reason, to see how they would land and yell, "eww icky landing!" It was all fun until we got his pokemon toys stuck on the church guttets.... T_T I remember asking the next-door church for our toys back and we got grounded from them LOL. I also lost toys in the sandbox.... I would burry them and then never see them again no matter how crazy I dug around. One time I burried my brothers burgerking Shellder and we took out ALL the sand and never found him!!

Also with the sand I got this CRAZY idea to make a toy beach vacation in my room. I piled encycopedias up and covered them with green fabric to look like a hill, than snuck sand up to my room and poured ot all around the little hill LOL. I then took baking clay and made little beach chairs. I bet the new owners of the house are still trying to get that sand out of the floor. It was a LOT of sand...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 10:34:29 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline ReneesUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2014, 08:18:18 PM »
When I was little, I went through a "glitter" phase and started painting EVERYTHING with my glitter nail polish  :lol: So I had a few G3 ponies growing up and wanted them to look new and shiny... You can probably guess what happened next hahaha  :blush: I painted my ponies all glittery and over time they turned all yellow hahaha :lmao:

This was my favourite stuffed animal when I was about 5 or 6. Her name is piggy (she's about 13 years old now and I can't live without her :lol: She lives with me now that I study overseas without my family) and she has some glitter still remaining in her eyes hahaha! Not sure if you'll be able to see it though  ^^; (sorry for the bad quality pic- I just got up and the curtains are closed so it's dark haha :lol:

« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 08:22:28 PM by ReneesUnicorn »
Looking for Takara ponies (Pinky)! :enthralled: :cold:

Follow me on instagram! @DisneyWhimsy  :socks:

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2014, 07:59:49 AM »
I never really like (or played with) my Barbie dolls, but it bugged me that they never had nipples. So I used to draw nipples on them with permanent marker  :blush:

And I thought my toys were real, and it horrified me that they could get lonely or feel forgotten about and abandoned. All my toys were talked too and assured regularly that I loved them all equally...I'd tell the Barbies they were pretty as I couldn't lie to them and say I loved them too... :lookround:

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2014, 10:15:57 AM »
And I thought my toys were real, and it horrified me that they could get lonely or feel forgotten about and abandoned.

LOL!  I STILL feel like this!!!  :)

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2014, 02:00:10 PM »
I had this weird phase, where I would draw, with a thick black permanent marker, two eyelashes on every toy, book cover, anything really I owned, that pictured a girl without any eyelashes. I even did this to some nesting dolls of my grandma's that she had gotten from Russia... I was maybe four or five years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal