collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cutie Mark Magic: Lots of New Merch  (Read 17488 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Cutie Mark Magic: Lots of New Merch
« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2014, 08:20:17 AM »
The snowglobes seems pretty cool, but knowing how awful the water tend to be for the ponies in the long term conservation (mold, ect) im not sure if jump on board....
These are made of a different material than the regular ponies, it's more like a hard plastic. The only thing I'm worried about is evaporation (but not worried enough that I wouldn't get them).
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2014, 09:21:52 AM »
The snowglobes seems pretty cool, but knowing how awful the water tend to be for the ponies in the long term conservation (mold, ect) im not sure if jump on board....
These are made of a different material than the regular ponies, it's more like a hard plastic. The only thing I'm worried about is evaporation (but not worried enough that I wouldn't get them).

Yeah, they are hard plastic, and their legs are merged too, to make one compartment (a feature that I don't really love)-  I think the water does leak out and evaporate much like the various toys/things we had in the 80s with the glitter pouches...  but it is easy enough to inject more water in and reseal.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2014, 09:27:07 AM »
Their legs are merged?  :blink: What does that mean? Dx is it shown in the pictures?
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 03, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »
Thought that Diamond Mint was at first Rarity, then I saw Rarity.  Diamond Mint is pretty, but I do wish that she didn't look so much like Rarity.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 03, 2014, 01:40:15 PM »

I'm worried about this, too :S Sounds like Hasbro has taken measures to prevent this, though, going off the other posts, so that's good! :D

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2014, 01:42:00 PM »
Their legs are merged?  :blink: What does that mean? Dx is it shown in the pictures?

What I mean is the front legs are stuck together, and the back legs are stuck together- so they don't have four individual legs, just... two.  You can't really see it in the packaging, and it is really only obvious once they are in hand.  I'm not a fan, but I guess I can see why they did it- probably individual pony legs were too small narrow to easily let the glitter slide around... maybe also because the plastic is so hard and unyielding, it is probably more fragile.

But yeah, the plastic is HARD plastic- it is not vinyl. So I don't see these getting moldy or VDS or anything like that.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2014, 01:52:45 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up Galactica :)

Gah, now i'm torn :c I don't like "4 legs going on 2" ponies >.< But I also want Diamond Mint ._.
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2014, 03:41:53 PM »

I'm worried about this, too :S Sounds like Hasbro has taken measures to prevent this, though, going off the other posts, so that's good! :D

So long as they are properly sealed they won't go nasty. I have a snowglobe with a goose in it that I've had since I was a child (so this thing is at least 10+ years old) and it is fine. There has been some evaporation, but it was mistakenly left on a windowsill for a long period of time so it likely got hot during the day, yadda yadda. If they are going to go mouldy, we'll know within the next year. My Aqua Pet went mouldy around 6 months to a year after I got it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:44:07 PM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2014, 04:57:48 AM »
When is anything going to show up in stores? I haven't seen anything new since the rainbow tinsel ponies

Offline Lunar Dust

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »
When is anything going to show up in stores? I haven't seen anything new since the rainbow tinsel ponies

Same here, only a few new things here and when some store re-stock its older wave. 

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2014, 02:22:26 PM »

Same here, only a few new things here and when some store re-stock its older wave. 

Some of the new stuff is available at the Target stores around here. I haven't been able to get to TRU yet.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »
My targets have the tinsel and pop ponies. TRU is even worse

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 21, 2014, 03:42:12 PM »
I wanna see that Deluxe Winged Buttonbelle already! I'm hoping that that line will have detachable wings because Buttonbelle aka Suri Polomare is an earth pony...
I'm wondering when the Cutie Mark Magic stuff will start hitting stores too. I can't imagine it being before the end of the year at this point with the last of the Rainbow Power stuff just barely starting to show up now.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 03:56:40 PM by Flitter »

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #208 on: October 21, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »
What's this? New brushables that aren't Mane Six or Princessess?? Sign me up! :D

Totally getting Diamond Mint, Honey Rays and that Deluxe Winged Buttonbelle once they come out. I'm so hyped up! :D

Though I do wonder about these snowglobe ponies... how long will the water actually last? Because from my past experience, the water in the plastic snowglobes tends to dry out over time. I have a couple plastic hollow keychains that were filled with water and glitter, and all of them went dry after a few years. Also, those metal clips at the root of their tail are bound to get pretty rusty in the future. :S

Still, they look so pretty. *_*

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2014, 04:05:59 PM »
What's this? New brushables that aren't Mane Six or Princessess?? Sign me up! :D

Totally getting Diamond Mint, Honey Rays and that Deluxe Winged Buttonbelle once they come out. I'm so hyped up! :D

Though I do wonder about these snowglobe ponies... how long will the water actually last? Because from my past experience, the water in the plastic snowglobes tends to dry out over time. I have a couple plastic hollow keychains that were filled with water and glitter, and all of them went dry after a few years. Also, those metal clips at the root of their tail are bound to get pretty rusty in the future. :S

Still, they look so pretty. *_*

I don't know how long the water will last, but I think they'd be pretty even without the water - as long as they could be cleaned out afterwards.
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal