collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Girly Swap 2014 Brag Thread!  (Read 7215 times)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Re: Girly Swap 2014 Brag Thread!
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 11:50:08 AM »
Alright, I received a box from MikeysGrrrl! Clicable thumbnails since my camera takes huge photos.

Opened box:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Everything altogether:

The cupcakes were containers!:

The Ponies:

Extras:

I honestly don't feel like I deserve to be this spoiled! I liked everything, I just noticed some of the stickers are scratch and sniff! My area didn't have anything but expensive scrapbooking stickers so I ended up sending my partner some of my stash of stickers. No idea why this was but after shipping I did find regular stickers finally at the local party store that I don't go into often. Sweet Stuff is perfect! I've been looking for her in nice shape for years and every time I find one she had horrible discoloration.
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 12:14:09 PM »
scratch n sniff stickers! oh man, I would have loved those XD I only seem to see sweet stuff in dingy shape- glad you got a nice one! :)
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »
What a fantastic box! :D Those ponies are lovely an I would have also been thrilled with those scratch and sniff stickers! Haha I have never seen anything like that around here :P Great job, MikeysGrrrl! :heart:
:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 01:20:04 PM »
What a cute box! :D Looks like those scratch n sniff stickers are quite the hit, but then, those are awesome. ;) Great ponies too!
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 03:47:45 PM »
Here's a belated brag of the wonderful box JazzMatazz sent me.  I've been in the process of moving and am still waiting for internet to be set up at my apartment (Comcast is evil).  Anyway, on to the brag:

Look at all that stuff! And OMG- a MIB TAF Wisteria.  LOVE!  The perfume puff's hair is gorgeous and she totally still smells!  I've never had one before that still had it's scent.   I'm in love with all of them :D

Close up of ponies:

Non Edible Extras:

I love the hand crocheted cloths!  They are my favorite colors and are so nicely done.  I try to crochet but everything I make turns out really wonky.  These are perfect!  The tea cup is so cute and I love the little notebook and pen.  My daughter loved the little extras you threw in from the party.  I actually waited until she got home to open the box because she loves the swaps as much as I do and I always share with her.  It's something we like to do together and by adding all the little extras you made it super fun for her! She especially loved the Disney infinity discs- she got two new ones she didn't have before: Alice and Wonderland scenery and Cinderella's coach.  So she wanted to me to give you a big thank you Jazz :D 

Edible Extras:

Mmmmmmmmm!  These were so good! My daughter really loved the Hello Kitty treat and my husband and I shared the Lindt Bittersweet Chocolate bar.  The Kinder and Prince Polo chocolates were really good as well, but my favorite was the cow pie.  So yummy!!

Thanks again Jazz for the awesome edibles, extras and ponies.  You really made my daughter's day with all the extras.  You rock!

Post Merge: September 12, 2014, 03:54:10 PM

Wow I get first brag! How exciting! Ok this is my second year hosting this swap, obviously it's my favorite swap to participate in :)
My partner was Bright Eyes! I don't know how she knew, but my box arrived right in time for my birthday, and even contained a party themed special item, you'll see...Pic spam commeth!

Spoiler

Everything was wrapped so beautifully! I love when my swap partners wrap with ribbon that I can re-use later for sewing projects! I go through trim quick.

fancy chocolate and ribbon! yay!!

star dreams, precious jem, and stickers! Precious Jem has great hair! She is so pretty and girly and her hair is all bouncy :3 I gave her a tail ribbon with some of the ribbon bright eyes sent me too! And the stickers! I am OBSESSED with the forest critter ones! they are cute vintage looking animals and are glittery!

HHNnnnngggg two BEAUtiful ponies!! Was super shocked to see cha cha with her dress! and Nice n Spicy! Just about died opening these two. Could this swap box get any better? yes. just wait.

flipz! (my favorite sweet snack!) and shopkins! I saw a post about them here and have eyed them at TRU, oh deer...I think a new collection is starting XD the mystery one I got in this pack was the lipstick- how very girly hehe

Last packages. Inside that very pretty flower box was a bait baby, some hair and glitter!! I love to rehair, bright eyes really did a good job stalking me :P and do you see that pony next to her? She's a alt rehaired lemon drop in the PARTY OUTFIT!!! OMG!

close up of this girl. She is amazing pretty, her tail is curled, she has a cute ribbon in her mane and the party outfit! Really got me, cause again, it's my birthday. I don't know how she knew or how this happened, but bright eyes, you are amazing. I love this pony a lot. She is very special and very perfect. Thank you so so much.

all the extras

all the ponies

Ladies, I hope you all get boxes just as amazing and wonderful! Bright eyes really set the bar :) Can't wait to see what everyone else gets! <3

Woot!  Eternia, I'm so happy that you liked your box  :biggrin:  And so awesome that it arrived just before your birthday.  I had no idea you had a birthday coming up!  It's so cool that it turned out the re-hair I made was birthday party themed.  I must have awesome pony sense  :accomplished: 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:54:10 PM by brighteyes »
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2014, 04:19:49 PM »
JazzMatazz, I'm so happy that you liked everything in your box. I had a blast shopping for you and picking out your ponies, stickers and the rest of the extras. I'm so sorry that I forgot to include a card :blush:

Brighteyes that box is awesome, JazzMatazz did a great job putting that box together for you :)

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2014, 04:39:34 PM »
My box arrived today! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I love this, it's so cute

When I open up the box

Bambi, so soft and cute

Every thing before I started to open things up

Now I absolutely LOVE that the gifts have cute little clues on them. It make it kinda like a fun game
Extras for you

Princess Jasmine and yummy chapstick!

People pretty ups. . .interesting

Beautiful earrings and pretty bows! <3

Arts and crafts

Sweet treats
perfect little hello kitty goodies for pony props!

Lets party!. . . whats in here. . .humm can't be party time the colors wouldn't fit. . .

OMG BIRTHDAY PONY!!!! she is so pretty and Guess what my birthday was Saturday the 6th (and so was my partners!!!!! who I have yet to name because I had to wait till the very end to read my beautiful card) AWESOME

Lovely little one. . .  hummm

Baby Sunribbon

Feel that beat! hummm . . . can't be a rockin beat pony . . .who are you?

It's the most beautiful Posey Rose with a beaded tutu! So lovely!!

Just LOOK at that beautiful hand made tutu!!  :biggrin:

Dancing queen (que Abba). . .could this be a prom queen sweet heart sister pony?

*SQWEEEE*OMG *wipes drool away* the most amazingly GORGEOUS Tip Toes EVER

OMG that tutu! the beautiful hair I mean look!! *Swoon* the cruls the braids, the hint of sparkle underneather, and that BOW!!

All my ponies need pretties like these two ladies have *Sigh*

the last package I opened was the one wrapped in brown paper with two feathers, for some reason I was automatically drawn to this one so  I put it aside for last to add to my excitement. It did not have a cute clue tag but I found out after I opened it was the two feathers on the package were my clue can you guess who was in there???
All of my goodies all together

All my pretty little ponies <3 <3

and last but not least , the beautiful hand drawn Raincurl card that I was instructed to read last, giving away my amazing swap partner. . . . are you guys ready? drum roll please dum dum dum dahhhhh my amazing , wonder, fabulous swap partner is/ was  Eternia!!! our lovely swap host! Eternia, I can't thank you enough for the amazing box you put together for me! I absolutely adore the tutus you made for my new ballerina girls! I feel like my baby ballerina girls NEED fabulous tutus like the ones you made. How fitting that you got me the birthday pony and our birthdays both happen to be during this swap and ON THE SAME DAY !! I thought it was neat when we found out on the swap page but then it turns out your my partner, we shar the same birthday, and you send me a beautiful birthday pony! Thank you so much !! Ohh and I LOVE those earrings and cute little bows! I really can't thank you enough! I look forward to this swap next year and maybe you and I can do a private birthday swap ;). Thank you again

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2014, 05:20:35 PM »
JazzMatazz, I'm so happy that you liked everything in your box. I had a blast shopping for you and picking out your ponies, stickers and the rest of the extras. I'm so sorry that I forgot to include a card :blush:

Brighteyes that box is awesome, JazzMatazz did a great job putting that box together for you :)

It's ok I was convinced I forgot a card in my own box. The box did make today a bit brighter! It's been so gloomy and rainy out and the last close friend I had in town moved so to see my close friends is at minimum a 40min drive away now. I've at least got a coffee meetup started with some newer acquaintances locally so hopefully that turns out. I don't know why today seemed like such an off day but I'm feeling a lot better this evening :)
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »
Ahhh Pinkaurora I love how our birthdays are the same and we shopped for each other hah, really did make birthday pony all the more special! Did you know she is hard to find? I scoured the mlp fair looking for her and found just two (one baity that I was going to fix up for you and then this gorgeous one!)  I am so glad you loved everything,  I did have a lot of fun getting the ponies ready and wrapping them up  :) I make all kinds of ponywear too! You can always commission me for more tutus in the future if you so choose :) happy belated birthday!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline MonstarNomNom

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »
What a great box, bright eyes! I am a super sucker for perfume puffs so I am super drooling over that Lavender Lace! :lovey: :heart: Fantastic job, JazzMatazz! :D

Oh my gosh, pinkaurora! The second I saw that fabulous tutu Posey Rose was wearing I knew exactly who had sent your box!! :silly: Seriously, Eternia's ponywear is to die for and your new ladies look so great in their new clothes! I am also seriously drooling over those Forever21 accessories  :dribble:

Okay, guys now it's time for my brag! My partner was the amazing MiRaja!! And oh boy did she spoil me! Did I also mention today was my birthday?! Haha you sneaky lady! :P I was curious to see if I got a box today, but nothing came and I went out to eat with my family then I came home to see the box sitting in my garage! :frolic: I was so beyond excitied!

Here is a picture of everything before I went crazy! :silly:

Look at that lovely wrapping paper!  :inlove: Okay I did a little picture combining because I seriously took pictures of everything. lol  ^^; And I want to apologize for my terrible pictures D: My phone is terrible when it comes to inside pictures. They seriously do not do any of my prezzies justice!

Picture 1: Here is what was in the little box! Seriously I cannot believe the little origami bird earrings! I am going to be wearing those asap! :D And I am going to have to figure out a way to use those little charms! I am thinking a necklace or something  ^.^
Picture 2: Look at the cute little origami bird! Did you make it yourself? :D I just love it! And I am going to be super honest, please let me know what it is in the other baggie! Haha It looks like a cute little fan but I am not 100% sure! :silly:
Picture 3: Incense and soap! My room is going to be smelling so good!  :iconclap: I have never had incense before so I was really excited to have my first ;D
Picture 4: Honey that is local to MiRaja's area! Look how cute the little bear is! She was  conscious since I said I didn't want to many sweets and I seriously appreciate that, hun :heart: I can't wait to try it!

Next we have this gorgeous fan!! It used to belong to MiRaja's instructor and was given to her, and she transformed it into this gorgeous piece of art! Oh my gosh I am so in love with it :lovey: My jaw dropped when I opened it!

I then opened up all of this gorgeous stationary! Look how pretty it all is! :dribble: I was just thinking I needed a little journal so the one you sent was perfect! :heart: And I cannot wait to try out those gelly pens!  :dance2:

And last of the extras is this CUTIE!! A little porcelain unicorn for my slowly growing collection :D I instantly fell in love when I opened her!  :inlove: Look at her cute little face! So precious <3

Now onto the ponies!

The first one I opened was this little girl. Holy cow you guys she is so MINTY! Her curls bounce * 3 *I just love her! It doesn't get much girlier than itty bitty wingers ;D

Next up I opened this gorgeous lady! I have seriously wanted a Strawberry Surprise for what seems like forever! She is so perfect :heart:

Okay, the last two literally sent me into a fit. Some of you may or may not know, I have an unhealthy obsession with perfume puff ponies. I have a small army of ponies I have given poofy hair. And MiRaja knew just what to give me to send me over the moon!

When I opened this lady I literally began squealing! Look at the poofy perfection this Flowerburst is! She is so perfectly punk, yet feminine at the same time. MiRaja even gave her little earrings where hers was missing! She is going to look perfect next to my poofy Dancing Butterflies I have :heart:

And here I am holding her in bliss!  :P So oblivious to the beauty that was awaiting me to open her last as MiRaja instructed!

This next lady has a small tale. A while back MiRaja posted her on the Alternate Rehair thread and I was immediately in love! She was absolutely stunning and I wished she was mine! Haha Girl, when you are here for the meet you HAVE to share your puffing technique with me. It is absolutely stunning!! I hardly expected to open my package and find the very Blueberry Baskets I had fallen in love with to be staring at me! Words cannot describe how I felt :heart: :lovey: :heart:

And here I am freaking out over these ladies :silly: They will be going in a very special spot among my other poofy ladies! :heart:

And lastly here are all of my new collection additions together! :heart:

MiRaja, thank you so so so much for being an absolutely fantastic swap partner! Rest assured I will be giving you a ginormous hug when I see you at the meet next weekend! I am literally over the moon with this entire box :heart: You are the best! :frolic:

:heart: My Etsy~My Facebook Page~Wishlist~IG:@perfumepuffprincess :heart:

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2014, 08:36:10 PM »
I'm so happy you enjoyed your swap box!  And yes, I admit I was a bit sneaky, I'm so glad Eternia picked me to be your partner as I had so much fun putting together a box for you!  I did *not* know it was your bday however, but I'm glad I had a little luck with that.

The little baggie contains a roll of washi tape, it's used for decorations and scrap booking, very popular right now.  :)  The other baggie inside contains an antique decoration of a fan.  I have a few of them, and I use them for book marks.  :3  I did not make the origami bird, but I did make the earrings.  I kind of went with a theme of Japanese girly for you, hence the incense.  It's ALL natural, all real wood oils and such, harvested and produced the same way Japanese incense has been produced for centuries.  I've known a lot of people who have had allergies from all the synthetic chemical incense, and have never had a problem with this stuff.  It's all I burn myself, and they also burn low smoke. 

And I know how you feel about trying to loose weight, it's SO hard, so I hardly wanted to complicate matters for you!  I know for me, I try to put off my sweet tooth with honey in my tea.  It's something I don't have to feel TOO guilty over, so I thought I would pass on the way to sate a sweet tooth!  I did *think* about getting you some sour gummi octopuses though, but I didn't think that was terribly girly!  Hahah!

I'm so glad you enjoyed the stationary, I had so much fun grabbing up stationary at the craft store for you. 

The porcelain unicorn is very vintage, she's made in Japan as well, and she's actually a childhood piece of mine, though she's older than that, I think she's from the 60's.  I found her a few weeks back going through some boxes my mother pulled from storage, and when I found her, I thought she would be *perfect* for you!  That was after she had a bit of a clean up though! 

I'm especially happy you love the ponies, especially especially the rehairs!  The yarn ties on her are just there to have made sure she made it to you with her hair in order.  The fiber I used likes to be a bit wild!  And I love making BBB for you, she is definitely one of my favorite rehairs I've ever done.  I am going to make her a twin as soon as I can!  I have to admit, I haven't had any inspiration for my rehairs since before I got you as my partner, so you will definitely have to thank Eternia for that! 

I definitely can't wait to see you next week!  And I'll be sure to bring some stuffs over for us to trade tips and tricks!

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
Wow :shocked: Another fantabulous brag! Happy Birthday MNN! Congrats on such an awesome swap box, I really love the Japanese girly theme. Gorgeous ponies and fantastic extras, what an awesome birthday bonus ^.^

Miraja did a wonderful job! I also use honey in my tea, not so much for the sweetness but because it's good for your throat and I don't like the taste of sugar in my tea :P

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2014, 09:42:42 PM »
Such amazing brags so far!

Offline Endocat

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
Sooo many adorable purfume puffs! Beautiful parcels :-)
Most Wanted: retro release Starshine

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
Wow, I go to work and suddenly there's a whirlwind of beautiful and amazing brags! :D Awesome ponies, cute and unique extras and lots of happy pony people all around. This is why I love swap brag threads.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal