collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fisher Price Ponies?  (Read 315 times)

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Fisher Price Ponies?
« on: August 31, 2014, 11:26:13 AM »
Maybe someone can tell me a bit about these girls! I spent a while cleaning them up today, bought them in a rather mucky lot last week. As far as I'm aware they're made by Fisher Price, but that's all I know. Super-pretty looking ponies but I don't collect them - is there a market for these? Do they have a specific name? Any information gratefully received :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Fisher Price Ponies?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:57 PM »
I used to have a couple of them!

I remember they each came with a small playset with a doll maybe?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 05:56:04 PM »
They made those horses with real hair? I never knew that! Have a yellow one with molded hair, it's the cutest thing. :3 Mine had a slightly different saddle and came with a stable and a plastic doll, I think the line was called "Loving Family?" I know that's what they're called nowadays.

That silver-gray one is gorgeous.

Edit: Yep, that's them! But I doubt all of those horses were released for the Loving Family line. It's a nice toy, it wouldn't surprise me if they released a line of horses separately using the same mold.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:59:01 PM by NoPonySpecial »
I'll put something here some time

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 05:57:09 PM »
Those are a spin-off from the '90s Dream Dollhouse line. Yep, they were made by Fisher Price. I think their line specifically was called Once Upon a Dream. In addition to these horses, which were (I think) sold separately with little accessories, vaguely like My Little Ponies, they made people (at least a prince and a princess) and I think a castle. On Ebay, the white horse in the top right corner seems to sell. She seems to have come with a carriage. The others might, too, especially as a lot, I think, but it's hard to tell.

My sister is a little younger than me and had two of these little ponies new from the store. They're very cute! We'd use their accessories for our My Little Ponies. :) And we had the Dream Dollhouse itself and used it as our MLP's home, ha ha. :blush:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:00:56 PM by Haruna »

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »
Yes, Haruna has it right. These were from the late 90s I believe.

The horses were add ons to castle land that Fisher Price made called "Once Upon A Dream". The horses came out I believe the second year after the castle was released.

Original Castle Box

In the first year, one of the additional accessories to the castle was a carriage which had the first horse that had a brushable mane. The second horse from the first year had all molded hair and it came in a set called "Castle Pets"

The second year they decided to expand on the horses by coming out with a playset of their own. It was a large stable.

To add to that stable they had individually packaged horses. This time they had molded tails and brushable manes. There were a whole bunch of them. I would guess 10 different ones.

I have all the boxes at home that I could scan once I find them but it won't be for awhile so hopefully this helps. Here are the sites I found the images on:

http://www.angelfire.com/pe/ebaypictures/PalaceSets.html

http://www.thisoldtoy.com/fisher-price/dept-7-playsets/n-once-upon-dream/a-index-OUAD.html

PS I love the grey one, I have never seen that :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:44:36 AM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 07:58:19 AM »
Ahh thank you so much everyone, the images and links are particularly helpful Foxtale! Yeah, the grey one is very pretty, she stands out from the others :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal