collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Doll Clothing: Challenge 4- RIBBON CHALLENGE!!  (Read 7412 times)

Moonflower473

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Doll Clothing: Challenge 1- Underthings (page 2)
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2014, 03:43:42 PM »
I sort of like the idea of doing some sort of Halloween costume thing but I'm thinking of how long I fussed over my Summer Sewing Challenge thing which I still have to photograph and post.  I hope tomorrow........

Offline NinaMarie

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+77)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • NinaMarieCrochet - Cute & Floral Crochet Accessories
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2014, 04:51:51 PM »
Oh hey this thread is back and I hadn't noticed! I had fun with the last one!
Love seeing what everyone comes up with!

I actually somewhat recently crocheted a couple pairs of underpants for my Monster High Swap partner. Unfortunately I never took pictures so I have nothing to share  :huh:
Hopefully I can start participating in this again!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2014, 03:41:24 PM »
Bring on the waterballoons! The stomach flu has hit my family here  :argh: . So I will curl up in bed for a couple of days with my books... see you on the other side.

(Oh! And I am all for October being costumes month!! Sounds like its a winner :D so get to planning/shopping/gathering)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2014, 06:55:49 PM »
YAYYYYYY!!!! I got pics!! Lame pix, but pix. Here they are...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Reverse Cerise got a bra and panties made of stretch lace and 1/16" ribbon.
Dalice (no hair) got a bra and panties. I used regular lace, lingerie elastic and 1/8" ribbon.
Headless Jem got a bustier and panties, both out of stretch lace and a tiny ribbon (I <3 1/16" ribbon!)
Wydowna got a babydoll chemise made with lace and 1/16" ribbon
Lizzie is wearing the undies set I actually made for Raven, but she was unavailable for the photoshoot. I made it from un-used new human undies I bought for $0.97 at WalMart (that already had the elastic lace trim sewn on) and some 1/8" knit elastic I found for $0.08/yard. (And I got a little skirt out of them too with tons of fabric left!)
Also, all the bras have little snaps in back.

Here is poor Daphne. I had this same doll as a child and LOVED her but she was STOLEN days before we moved by the MEAN GIRLS (I'm not bitter...  :whistle:) and I had to leave her in that horrid neighborhood. Anyway, I found this gal (yes, I know, she's a creepy one) and bought her many years ago. I wanted to 'rehabilitate' as kind of a metaphor for healing. This was as far as I got. So, she has undies but I need to clothe her in these challenges.

Things I learned on this challenge:
1- When making bras you have to have at least one component stretchy, either the band or the cup fabric.
2- 1/8" ribbon looks dainty on my 18" doll but the smaller dolls need 1/16" ribbon (which I need to start hoarding)
3- I wish they made tinier snaps. (Velcro on stretchy undies doesn't work.)

Post Merge: October 01, 2014, 12:55:36 PM

OCTOBER: Challenge- Costumes!!!

Make/buy/trade something costumey for your dollies!! This can be spooky or themey, or even vintage/retro/historical! If that idea overwhelms you, just make a poodle skirt, a "ghost" costume or a mask (just make sure its not something that will stain your doll's face).

I had a head start but I need to make a few things anyway. I just finished this for Bewilderness's EAH challenge on the MHArena.

I have a ton of things I need to make, mostly dresses out of spooky fabric for some of my MH girls. Although I was thinking of making a Lizzy Borden out of my EAH Lizzy hearts XD What are your plans/ideas for your dolls?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:55:36 PM by Salli »

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Doll Clothing: Challenge 2- Costumes!! (page 4)
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2014, 01:32:50 PM »
(poop... now I know the reason for the great silence: I somehow got unnotified and didn't receive updates about this thread  -_- I clicked it back again, I hope it will work now)

Salli, those undies look amazing! the girls are absolutely, totally sexy in them :flirty:
I wanted to make something similar too, but never got around.
I wish 1/16 ribbon was available here, but it's not... I've been searching for it everywhere (I've never seen it sold anywhere, the only places I've met this size were on dolly clothing), becasue, just as you've said, 1/8 is just too wide for small dolls like MH. so far I've only been looking locally and in other cities and countries I've been, but never online - I guess I'll have to look into this option too. do you know any online shops that carry these (and ship internationally)?

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2014, 02:27:06 PM »
Thanks Loona, and its good to see you back! :)

I don't know anyplace unfortunately. I have some lovely shops here where I can get it in person. Is shipping to Hungary very expensive? What colors are you looking for? I'd be happy to send some to you at cost if you want to buy some and have it shipped. I have to go to one of the shops tomorrow anyway so I can go see how much it is a yard (its not much, but I don't remember exactly). They seem to have at least 15 colors if not more. I think I may want to buy a yard of each color just to have on hand anyway XD I go to the stores frequently so it wouldn't be out-of-the-way if you want me to grab you some.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2014, 12:08:25 AM »
wow Salli, that would be so lovely of you, thank you very much for the offer!  :blush: :hug:
I don't really know how much it might cost to send to Hungary, but I don't think it should be so expensive, since these ribbons are so lightweight.  if you could check the price of a yard for me I would figure out what and how much I would like. I know I would need black, white, silver (if that's available), pink and purple for sure, but some blues and greens are also always handy.
it's so strange how greatly it differs what one can buy in a country and what not... some differences might be more understandable (for example, just recently I have learned that you can't buy pure acetone here in Hungary anymore because it's considered dangerous), but they are still weird (I guess acetone has the same danger factor anywhere else as well :really: ), and things like ribbons don't even have such an explanation, so I really don't see why they aren't available at all. it's the 21st century and things of every sort are getting exported and imported back and forth, it's so strange some things are completely unavailable (up to the point where I have talked to tons of shop assistants who swore they did not know, and have never seen ribbons narrower than 1/8" in their lives :blink: not only in my city, but also other cities I visited in the county, or in other countries in the nearby).

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
I will check on that for you for sure when I go. No worries  ^.^
1/16" ribbon is pretty rare to find in stores, so I'm not surprised. Sad though, it's cute for doll clothes and SUPER cute when used to tie blankets. You'll have to take some to show the shop assistants ;)

That is pretty strange about the acetone. I think gasoline is more dangerous, yet they still sell it.  :wonder:

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »
I will check on that for you for sure when I go. No worries  ^.^
1/16" ribbon is pretty rare to find in stores, so I'm not surprised. Sad though, it's cute for doll clothes and SUPER cute when used to tie blankets. You'll have to take some to show the shop assistants ;)
you're such a sweetheart, thank you again! ^^
and yes, I also thought of that. I've already thought of bringing in a dolly clothing piece or something else that contains it (I just realised yesterday or the day before that my big Keypers horse also has this size ribbon in his mane and tail), but I never actually did it, because I thought they'll say what they have already said for other similar products (e.g.: black 1/4 ribbon with white dots, something which I've only seen on clothes but never in shops, and I'd have loved to decorate my stuff with it if it was available) in the past: that maybe the clothes' manufacturer ordered it to be made, and it was never actually sold in shops.

That is pretty strange about the acetone. I think gasoline is more dangerous, yet they still sell it.  :wonder:
well, here gasoline is also something that can only be bought limited: there's a very small maximum quantity you can buy of it.
but that said, it can still be bought, unlike acetone. and it can be bought undiluted (unlike alcohol, which can only be bought diluted to 70% or less). and they never track if I go into every single pharmacy and buy a bottle in each, so the limitation does not really make much sense.
we have some weird limitations here (castor-oil, for instance, is also something you can only buy in very small quantities). but at least they are only limitations. however annoying it would be to have to re-buy frequently, I wish acetone was available at least in limited quantities...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:36:07 PM by Loona »

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2014, 08:35:27 PM »
This is an older pic, but I made a Jack-o-lantern costume for my pukifee, Mimzy ^_^

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2014, 08:47:54 AM »
So cute Akemi!! I love it!!

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2014, 02:58:35 PM »
Ok, now that the voting is up for this and its not anonymous I can post pix of the other costume I made. It's a Steampunk Riding Habit on EAH Raven (riding a customized MH Nightmare).

If its okay to post this here, here's the link (all of the entries were so cute!):
http://requiemart.com/blog/2014/10/01/2406/

Offline Akemi-chan

• Matcha-flavored Teeny Tiny
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+147)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Baby Pony Addict
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »
OMG she's amazing!!!  Both of them!  Fantastic work Salli   :shocked:  :lovey: :lovey: :lovey:

Have you fan-girled today, [you]?
*For Sale or Trade*
*Wishlist*

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »
Thanks Akemi :) Anyone else make costumes? I don't know why but my October got SOOOOOO busy. Good busy, but busy.

:leaves: :jack: :zombie: :jack: :leaves:

Offline Lillies_Mom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
I did! Hopefully I can get a picture soon; my daughter's birthday is in a week and we've been doing party planning and prep all month :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal