collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Giant Sundance Plush?  (Read 15324 times)

Offline slyons

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: The Giant Sundance Plush?
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2014, 09:54:38 AM »
Wow, do you think we can convince the guy who played Scorpan to come here and talk about his experience??  I really want to know more details about this play(?)!

Doesn't hurt to ask right? We know he's on FB, hence Skeens' pictures, so you never know!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Shaiyeh and Griffin for my adoptables!!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2014, 10:56:17 AM »
Wow, do you think we can convince the guy who played Scorpan to come here and talk about his experience??  I really want to know more details about this play(?)!

Doesn't hurt to ask right? We know he's on FB, hence Skeens' pictures, so you never know!

I wonder if he would be interested in coming to the MLP Fair as a special guest in a year or two! :cheer:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2014, 01:06:35 PM »
hi

sundance hair feels more like the pretty pony hair then a regular pony

the advertisement i have showing the megan and sundance is also single sided with no markings on where it came from ether. the text reads

snuggle up to my little pony and magical things will happen! now little girls can take a trip to the far side of the rainbow and visit there favorite pony friends. children will be delighted when they gaze at these cuddly characters. catch the fantasy.

sorry skeen i thought they were your photos, i had asked you to scan one for me but forget that. at least with your information i have a place to start looking for more information. i have been searching for a long time for more information on her but have not gotten far at all.

i think it might be the same pose but they have her hair flipped the opposite way. the pose looks the same to me but to say it is the exact same pony that i do not know

i am thinking i might try to take off one pad on her foot to see if there is anything under there

Thats exactly what my ad is like as well - I do think it was a marketing drop used in licensing or buyer packs as its similar to other paperwork I have which was used for the same purpose.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
I would love to contact this man and tell him i have a sundance and ask him some questions

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
I would love to contact this man and tell him i have a sundance and ask him some questions

Dru, I am at work where Facebook is forbidden but when I get home tonight I will PM you the address of the page where I found the pics.  I haven't found my own pics yet, though I did find the photo album I used to keep them in.  No idea why these pics have gone missing out of it but I will keep looking!

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2014, 04:21:25 PM »
awesome skeen thanks for continuing the hunt  :)

i have sent messages to the dog patch facebook group and have also found former employees and have sent them messages as well. i hope someone gets back to me

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
This is so neat and exciting! I hadn't haard of the Sundance plush before this and now we might even get to talk to one of the people who worked with her!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2014, 08:11:53 PM »
I would bet money that there isn't just one.

When does Hasbro ever make a one-off?  They just don't.  Obviously not a lot of them, but I'm sure there are at least several.  Toy shops would've wanted them at very least, the big ones that is, for a big draw, or for things like this.  Toy companies used to make giant Promos of things they made as adverts, even though the advert wasn't for sale.  There's quite a few instances of such things running around. . . 

I mean, the money it would've cost to fabricate this giant Sundance would've been quite a bit, and to just make a one off?  And also a baby too?  Doesn't sound like Hasbro! 

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2014, 01:52:52 PM »
I would bet money that there isn't just one.

When does Hasbro ever make a one-off?  They just don't.  Obviously not a lot of them, but I'm sure there are at least several.  Toy shops would've wanted them at very least, the big ones that is, for a big draw, or for things like this.  Toy companies used to make giant Promos of things they made as adverts, even though the advert wasn't for sale.  There's quite a few instances of such things running around. . . 

I mean, the money it would've cost to fabricate this giant Sundance would've been quite a bit, and to just make a one off?  And also a baby too?  Doesn't sound like Hasbro! 

Oh they have done one off stuff in the past - or at best 1 or 2 of. The giant G3 plush are good examples of things made in very small quantities. :)
Loa is my love god!

Offline BabiChuld

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • With pony powers, come pony responsibility.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2014, 02:15:36 PM »
Wow she's a lovely girl, you made her look just lovely again- and you must be so proud to own something so unique!  :lol:
Thank you Lindsay1988 for this beautiful Sig!  :lovey:

Don't worry, be happy!  :P Come visit my pony page to see my collection grow ^_^ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Joannas-collection-of-Vintage-My-Little-Pony-toys/171365783052710

My Ridiculously huge Wishlist XD http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,347431.new.html#new

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2014, 07:55:23 PM »
Oh my gosh, this is hilarious and awesome!  I don't know anything about this huge pony, was she like a store display?  She's amazing, congrats on an amazing find!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2014, 11:11:54 AM »
So far i have not been able to find any new information but i will keep looking.

i contacted some people but they have not gotten back to me .

maybe any company could buy her and use her as they wished? i would love to know where the paper work came from as well

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »
Wow! Didn't think this topic would form a serch party! Good going guys! Hope you can find out some info. It be grate if the entire comunity could keep an eye out all over the world. Who knows where there may be more.

Glad I asked!
:accomplished:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
So far i have not been able to find any new information but i will keep looking.

i contacted some people but they have not gotten back to me .

maybe any company could buy her and use her as they wished? i would love to know where the paper work came from as well

I really do think it was promotional material for the line. The one I have came with material that was supplied to retailers and licencees. It had no other reason to be in that lot.
Loa is my love god!

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2014, 05:44:19 PM »