collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mug Swap 2014 ~ All shipped! All arrived!  (Read 27444 times)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: Mug Swap 2014 ~ Sign-ups OPEN until Midnight on Saturday 30th!
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2014, 07:18:17 AM »
Hello darlings! Sorry I've been absent these past few days. I just started in a new school and it has sucked all the juice from me.  :whew:

Book likes & dislikes
I don't read a lot of books, but I do enjoy paging a happy, colorful cookbook every now and then. :)

2015 pony calendar - Is that something you'd be interested in as an extra?
I'd be over the moon for one!  ^.^

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug?
As I stated before, I would absolutely adore a mug with a traditional siamese cat ("old style" or "applehead" or "thai" or "wichien maat", not just any siamese.  ;))

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware?
I'm sorry but I don't think I'd appreciate a lumpy mug. :P I do have an oval shaped mug though, so I'm not ALL that traditional, but I do enjoy clean shapes more than mugs that are shaped to resemble something.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc)
No thanks.

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc)
I'm all in for ponies!  ^.^ We have nearly no pony stuff at all, and especially the retro stuff fascinates me although I love FIM too.

Also, it's nice that we're keeping our answers organized, but if it's not too much trouble it would be nice if you'd copy your answers to the end of the thread too. I feel like it's a bit of a buzz kill to come back to a swap thread after a while just to find a bunch of "updated my questions". You see, I enjoy reading trough ALL of your likes, not just my partner's.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:26:36 AM by Mirnyj »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2014, 07:50:43 AM »
Updated my post.

School starts on Tuesday! :squee: I get to have the house to myself again and that delicious solitude. :lovey:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »
Last day for sign ups!! :).

I'm hoping to do partners tomorrow :P

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
Last day for sign ups!! :).

I'm hoping to do partners tomorrow :P

Ooh hope so ~ very excited to get my partner   :biggrin:
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Mug Swap 2014 ~ Sign-ups OPEN! Last day to sign up!
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2014, 01:35:55 PM »
The Stitch and Wall-e mug are sooooo cuuuteee!

Thanks The Wall-e mug I brought on my last trip to the disney store,I have been trying to find the matching eve mug but so far no luck :(

I have update my post with the new questions xx

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
if it's not too much trouble it would be nice if you'd copy your answers to the end of the thread too.
Favorite color:Green
Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): gummies and swedish fish and mint
What kinds of mugs do you like?  I like mugs that are unusual shapes or of my favorite things. Last year Dainty sent me a pumpkin shapped mug with a ghost as a handle and a circus tent with a lion. That one broke so I use it to hold my army of sharpie markers. Also, halloween is a good theme too since it's comming up. I like ghosts, pumpkins, haunted houses, witches..that kind of thing.
What would be good extras for you? http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/tikibirds-wish-list-12-14-2006.8159/
Do you drink tea/coffee/hot cocoa/ cider? tea and hot coco
What devices do you have for making your beverages? er..microwave
Whats your favorite game/tv series/movies:
I mostly watch Anime online.
Pokemon is always a win- especially dog type pokemon, ninetails, moltres, litwick and evo's
Rurouni Kenshin - Kenshin and Sanoke
Yu Yu Hakusho - Kurama, Hiei, Botan, Koenma
Inuyasha - Koga, Miroku, Kagura
Fairy Tail - Gray and Natsu, Erza...al of them actually except the blue cat.
Kamisama Hajimemashita - Mizuki is my fav but all the characters are awsome.
Black Bird (although this is not an amime, just manga) - Kyo

Movie? Disney's Robin hood  :lovey: Also Mulan, Hercules and Aladdin. Princess and the Frog and UP where pretty cool too.
Favorite Themes?
Foxes, bettas, flowers, pokemon, something of my fav anime characters but that can be $$$$, aquatic snails
Do you like cup soups? If so, which are your favorite flavours? I would rather have ramen then cup of noodles even know they are basically the same but I can take out the water and then add the flavoring with the actual ramen packages. Can't do that with cup 'o noodles. I also like miso soup and french onion soup.

Book Likes and Dislikes
Harry Potter is always a win. Also Black Stallion and King of the Wind. And there is ONE romance writer I like - Lisa Keypas. My favorite is the wallflower series. Four young ladies enter London society with one necessary goal: they must use their feminine wit and wiles to find a husband. So they band together, and a daring husband-hunting scheme is born. Its your typical romance novel but there IS a real plot and the characters have depth to them. My favorite book is "it happened one autumn", followed closely by "devil in winter".
https://www.goodreads.com/series/41154-wallflowers

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug? Foxes or bettas or snails

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware?  I love odd stuff.

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc) Sure.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc)
Sure.

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box?
The dog likes beanie babies  :shocked: and chewnolas.
Modify message
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 12:54:42 AM by tikibirds »
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 06:36:40 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2014, 06:59:20 PM »
Also, it's nice that we're keeping our answers organized, but if it's not too much trouble it would be nice if you'd copy your answers to the end of the thread too.
I totally agree :blush: Seeing the most recent questions answered in the thread also helps me to keep up incase I've missed any along the way - I don't always check the front page if I'm in a hurry ^^;

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box?
I have pets and a fiancé. Our Chihuahua girl loves little soft toys to snuggle, while our 6 month old staffordshire bull terrier pup (also a girl) just loves to chew ANYTHING.. We also have an indoor male cat who likes to wear bow ties etc
Mostly though, my fiancé would be so thrilled if there were a little surprise treat included for him. He's all over any kind of candy/chocolate as well as coffee so he's not too hard to please and has no allergies.
:fox:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2014, 07:05:42 PM »
I like reading answers to the new questions, too :P.

Only a few more hours to sign up!

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2014, 11:57:23 PM »
Also, it's nice that we're keeping our answers organized, but if it's not too much trouble it would be nice if you'd copy your answers to the end of the thread too. I feel like it's a bit of a buzz kill to come back to a swap thread after a while just to find a bunch of "updated my questions". You see, I enjoy reading trough ALL of your likes, not just my partner's.  :coffee:

Here you go  ^.^

Book Likes and Dislikes
I really like reading and like lots of different types of books. Anything from historical novels to young adult fantasy! My favourites are Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, historical fiction set in Cornwall (where I live) and about the tudor dynasty.

I'm not really keen on celebrity biographies

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc)
Yes I would be happy with anything pony as an extra, I prefer G1 merchandise

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug?
Cats, Owls, Rabbits

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware?
More traditional but would be happy to try something different

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc) Sure I enjoy travel and would love to learn a little about where you are from

I have a 2 year old son called Henry who loves Thomas and friends or anything to do with trains! My hubby has the same candy and drink likes as me so will be happy to share those
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Mug Swap 2014 ~ Sign-ups CLOSED!!
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2014, 12:15:39 AM »
 :frolic: Cant wait to get my partner!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2014, 07:59:02 AM »

Here you go. I've also updated my main post to keep all my answers nice and organized :)

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug? Owls, foxes, all the big cats (lions, tigers, panthers, the like), dragons, phoenix. Butterflies and moths are ok, but I do not like other bugs.

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware? I like odd shapes, or at least not your typical 'coffee mug' shape and size.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc) I love it! It is always fun to get something that is specific to someone's area that tells a bit about where they live.

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc) Pony things are always fun, though when it comes to actual ponies I prefer bait condition ones as I like to do customs in my spare time and I'm running out of space on my display shelf for 'to keep' ponies lol. G2 Ivy and G4 Luna are my favorite ponies.

Like me, my fiance is a gamer, and he also loves the card game Magic: The Gathering. In winter he goes through about as much hot chocolate as I do (and often times steals mine >.> ). Though please don't feel obligated to put anything in for him. I also have a cat, but the box is always her favorite part of a swap lol.

Also, I love seeing everyone post pictures of their mugs! wiccanpony1, the Wall-E mug is adorable! And True, that owl mug is so cute! Do the eyes do anything if you have hot/cold liquid in the cup? (my fiance has a mug that does that color change/reveal a picture thing when you put hot liquid in the mug)

Jumping on the band wagon, here is a picture of my mugs :D The chocobo mug on the far left was a gift from Sora here on the arena.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2014, 08:33:03 AM »
Working on partners! :)

ETA: Everyone should have a partner! :). If, for some odd reason, you do not have a PM from me with your partners name, please let me know!

Keep the questions coming everyone! And happy shopping!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:53:33 AM by mkia9 »

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: Mug Swap 2014 ~ Partners sent! Shopping Time!
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »
Yay, I got my partner! :frolic:

Two kitties and a hairy boyfriend. But don't stress on them. :)

I'm going to photo my favorite mugs a bit later, but before that I want to share something I think I might really need...

It's called "Manatea" :lmao:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2014, 10:14:51 AM »
Ohh I think I need that too, Mirnyj! Sooo stinking cute xD haha. He looks like he is chilling in a hot tub :P

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2014, 10:19:05 AM »
That is one of the most adorable things I've seen in a while!  :lovey:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal