collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mug Swap 2014 ~ All shipped! All arrived!  (Read 26477 times)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Mug Swap 2014 ~ Sign-ups OPEN!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2014, 09:32:19 PM »
After going to the park, my Fatherinlaw perfected a butter beer recipe. He and the Eldest have read and watched everything and get all excited over it. I'm just like: Oooh! Magic! But beyond that I couldn't care less.
Aww man! I would love to try the butter beer there!

Now I want to do a Harry potter movie marathon lol  :P

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:43 PM »
I am really looking forward to trying the official butter beer.  We make it with butterscotch schnappes and cream soda.   So good.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 10:10:21 PM »
I am really looking forward to trying the official butter beer.  We make it with butterscotch schnappes and cream soda.   So good.
Ooh sounds yummy! Are you going to Disneyworld, also?

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:31 PM »
I sure am!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2014, 11:00:36 PM »
I sure am!
Well now I'm even more jealous lol. I've never been to Disneyworld either, just Disneyland. My fiancé and I are actually hoping to make it to Disneyland later this year. We have never seen it when they have all the decorations up, so we are hoping to go the first week of December.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2014, 11:06:38 PM »

I'm going to Orlando for parks smack in the middle of this swap so I hope my partner likes Harry Potter and/or Disney.  :D

I am so jealous too! We went about a month before Harry Potter opened and it was a real tease looking through the gap in the fence being almost there but not quite! Not likely to be able to go back for a long while as so expensive from the UK!

Have lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2014, 11:42:47 PM »
Everthing is now under here

Spoiler
Favorite color:Green
Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): gummies and swedish fish
What kinds of mugs do you like? i'll get back to you on that I like mugs that are unusual shapes or of my favorite things. Last year Dainty sent me a pumpkin shapped mug with a ghost as a handle and a circus tent with a lion. That one broke so I use it to hold my army of sharpie markers. Also, halloween is a good theme too since it's comming up. I like ghosts, pumpkins, haunted houses, witches..that kind of thing.
What would be good extras for you? http://www.mlptp.net/index.php?threads/tikibirds-wish-list-12-14-2006.8159/
Do you drink tea/coffee/hot cocoa/ cider? tea and hot coco
What devices do you have for making your beverages? er..microwave
Whats your favorite game/tv series/movies:
I mostly watch Anime online.
Pokemon is always a win- especially dog type pokemon, ninetails, moltres, litwick and evo's
Rurouni Kenshin - Kenshin and Sanoke
Yu Yu Hakusho - Kurama, Hiei, Botan, Koenma
Inuyasha - Koga, Miroku, Kagura
Fairy Tail - Gray and Natsu, Erza...al of them actually except the blue cat.
Kamisama Hajimemashita - Mizuki is my fav but all the characters are awsome.
Black Bird (although this is not an amime, just manga) - Kyo

Movie? Disney's Robin hood  :lovey: Also Mulan, Hercules and Aladdin. Princess and the Frog and UP where pretty cool too.
Favorite Themes?
Foxes, bettas, flowers, pokemon, something of my fav anime characters but that can be $$$$, aquatic snails
Do you like cup soups? If so, which are your favorite flavours? I would rather have ramen then cup of noodles even know they are basically the same but I can take out the water and then add the flavoring with the actual ramen packages. Can't do that with cup 'o noodles. I also like miso soup and french onion soup.

Book Likes and Dislikes
Harry Potter is always a win. Also Black Stallion and King of the Wind. And there is ONE romance writer I like - Lisa Keypas. My favorite is the wallflower series. Four young ladies enter London society with one necessary goal: they must use their feminine wit and wiles to find a husband. So they band together, and a daring husband-hunting scheme is born. Its your typical romance novel but there IS a real plot and the characters have depth to them. My favorite book is "it happened one autumn", followed closely by "devil in winter".
https://www.goodreads.com/series/41154-wallflowers

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug? Foxes or bettas or snails

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware?  I love odd stuff.

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc) Sure.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc)
Sure.

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box?

The dog likes beanie babies  :shocked: and chewnolas.
Do you have a favorite region of the world, or a culture that is your favorite?

JAPAN  :blush: but anything "Asian" themed is cool and by that I mean China, S. Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, ect. Not like India, Middle East and stuff over that way. 

Favorite Mug?? I don't have one but here are some that I found on the webz that are cool.
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/nomad+flower+mugs%2C+set+of+4.do?&from=fn

Anything WDW related - especially EPCOT.

:lovey:

As we will be receiving our swap boxes in October would you like any Halloween themed extras? Do you prefer cute Halloween things such as black cats, pumpkins or more dark/ gory things?
Cute things

If I paint a mug this might be one of your main mugs. Is that okay? And what would you most like painted on a mug
Are you good at painting? If so, then something from my favorite shows/ or animals is cool.
Do you like cactus?
^^;  Yes, yes I do and Kokopelli too.

What are your top three favorite mystical creatures?
Phoenix, pegasus and fox spirits, kitsune or whatever you want to call them..

I like to try different tea flavors. In general, I like ones that are naturally sweet and chai but I am willing to try anything.
Would you prefer a stylized mug with an image of your interests on it, or a stylized mug in your favorite colors (no image): Image - just colors sounds too...boring for my tastes.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:46:22 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2014, 06:31:20 AM »
Favorite color: Yellow. Turquoise is nice, too. Orange with yellow.

Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): Okay, this will get tricky. I don't really eat sugar or much in the way of candy. I do enjoy dark chocolate bars that use organic chocolate, and are free of soy, nuts, dairy, rice, wheat, corn derivatives, and nightshades. However, those tend to be expensive and it's okay if no one sends me any candy.

However, I do like to make flavored water kefir, so dehydrated fruit is welcome for that. :) Berries, tropical fruit, apples, pineapple, and stuff like that.

What kinds of mugs do you like? (Ex. Small, large, designs, etc.) Give your partner an idea of the things you like!:
I like ordinary sized mugs. I like designs. Designs like sunflowers, or lilacs, or daffodils. Or perhaps desert related designs. Or maybe something with a  "southwest pattern" on it. Or even a fetching yellow-ish pattern if all else fails.

What would be good extras for you?: Flowers, flower seeds to plant in my garden, stickers, bookmarks, Pokemon, cats, bobcats, desert stuff, scented stuff, a coaster for the mug, cell phone charms, Garfield, cacti, hummingbirds, fridge magnets, butterflies, Arizona stuff, My Little Pony, socks or gloves to keep warm, cute hair accessories.

Do you drink tea/coffee/hot cocoa/ cider? Please include favorite flavors or any flavor you are NOT interested in:
What devices do you have for making your beverages? (coffee pot, Keurig, tea pot, coffee press, etc):

I occasionally drink herbal tea (hopefully organic again), but my "beverage" of choice for the mug is actually bone broth. I make big batches of bone broth during the colder months and drink it regularly throughout the day. Yummy! I don't drink coffee, hot cocoa (too sugary) or cider (might have maltodextrin in it, icky!) I make bone broth in a pressure cooker. :)

Whats your favorite game/tv series/movies: Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron, Mythbusters, Pokemon, Stargate SG-1, Lion King, Animal Crossing.

Favorite Themes? Desert, sun, Arizona, nature, flowers, birds, ladybugs, butterflies cats.

Do you like cup soups? If so, which are your favorite flavours? Uhh... bone broth?

Book Likes and Dislikes I like apologetics, theology or Christian comfort books, mostly. C. S. Lewis. One day, maybe I'll own The Last Unicorn book. I don't like horror. I don't like bodice-ripper type romance books.

2015 pony calendar: No thank you.

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug? I like bobcats and if there was such a thing as a bobcat mug I'd be surprised but thrilled.

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware? If it fits in my cupboard, I'm willing to try out either version.

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc) If there were G1 or G3 things, sure.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? That would be fine. Especially if they still make those keychain things that look like little license plates. I like personalized things, so if you see something with the name of "Tammy" on it, I would probably be interested.

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box? A husband and three children. They are fine without anything for them in the box. :lookround: Mine! :P

Do you like smelly stuff? Candles, bubble bath, soaps, etc? I do like smelly stuff, but I tend to choose my soaps judiciously, like I do my food. So perhaps smelly non-cleaning things would be best. Like smelly stickers, or pens, or candles, etc.

Would you prefer mugs that are Dishwasher/Microwave safe? It doesn't have to be microwave safe, but I would prefer dishwasher safe.

Are you looking for a mug for any place (Home/Work/School etc) in particular? Mostly to use at home. :)

Let's say you have already listed a favorite animal or two. How would you feel about receiving a mug purchased from a rescue for said animal? What if it had the rescues name on it? Any interest? I'm not overly fussed about that kind of thing.

Do you have a favorite region of the world, or a culture that is your favorite? Arizona.

If you have a favorite show/book/video game, would you like trading cards/trading stickers from it? (example, Pokemon cards, or the Panini stickers like Frozen has right now) Pokemon is fine, as is Animal Crossing. But I'm okay without trading cards/ stickers.

Do you like nail polish? if so what colors do you like wearing? No.

As we will be receiving our swap boxes in October would you like any Halloween themed extras? Do you prefer cute Halloween things such as black cats, pumpkins or more dark/ gory things? No thanks.

A question for the group:  if I paint a mug this might be one of your main mugs. Is that okay? And what would you most like painted on a mug? If it's dishwasher safe, sure. As for designs, just about anything answered prior would work. Or even elements of my pony persona is okay.

Do you like cactus? Is this a trick question? Of course I do. :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:48:47 AM by SourdoughStomper »
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »

I'm going to Orlando for parks smack in the middle of this swap so I hope my partner likes Harry Potter and/or Disney.  :D

I am so jealous too! We went about a month before Harry Potter opened and it was a real tease looking through the gap in the fence being almost there but not quite! Not likely to be able to go back for a long while as so expensive from the UK!

Have lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We currently live within not an unreasonable day drive to both Disney Land and Universal Studios California.  Universal announced they are going to open a Harry Potter world in California a couple of years ago.  I was so excited!  I had a membership, I was going to be there all the time!!

It doesn't open until a month after I move to Australia.  :(

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 10:29:20 AM »
I heard about the California Harry Potter World. I will definitely have to make a trip once it is open, though I've never been too impressed with the Hollywood Universal Studios.

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
I like it.  It's small for sure, but I love the back lot tour, and it's not usually so crowded as to be unpleasant. 

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 11:25:46 AM »
I like it.  It's small for sure, but I love the back lot tour, and it's not usually so crowded as to be unpleasant.
I do like the back lot tour! I guess I just mean if I'm driving from AZ to CA, I'd rather go to disneyland or six flags lol

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
Approved - yay!! I'm so excited to be joining the Mug Swap again this year! :)

Favorite color:
Aqua greens! I also love violet-purples.

Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!):
Peppermints! Nothing with gelatine though please. I'm also not a fan of solid chocolate either.
I also want to mention that Australian customs are quite strict on food and plant materials coming in to the country so that rules out a lot of things (here's some information that covers it http://www.daff.gov.au/biosecurity/mail/cant-mail).

What kinds of mugs do you like? (Ex. Small, large, designs, etc.) Give your partner an idea of the things you like!:
Tea is my beverage of choice so a teacup and saucer or medium sized mug would be ideal. I'd prefer one nice mug, but if my partner finds a nice pair of the same mug or two mugs that match as a set I'd be happy with that.

What would be good extras for you?:
I love art! So extras like fine paintbrushes, sketching pencils, erasers, novelty sharpeners, mini sketch pads, glitter etc would be so fun! I also love to read. My favourite TV show is Adventure Time so ANY extra related to that would definitely be well received :biggrin: My favourite characters are Lumpy Space Princess and BMO but I'm not against any of the cast.

Do you drink tea/coffee/hot cocoa/ cider? Please include favorite flavors or any flavor you are NOT interested in:
As I mentioned before, I prefer tea - black, green, white and peppermint. I'm not a fan of herbal or fruit teas.
I'm not a big coffee drinker but I will have a coffee once in a while and am happy to try samples of coffees if my partner thinks I might like them :) I like subtle coffees with vanilla and/or a tiny hint of cinnamon or even hazelnut!

What devices do you have for making your beverages? (coffee pot, Keurig, tea pot, coffee press, etc):
I have quite a few teapots (including a glass one for blooming teas!), a kettle for boiling water and as of recently a coffee press.

Extra Questions..
Spoiler
I've already mentioned Adventure Time but I can't really think of favourite movies and/or games at this point but I'll edit later if I come up with something. Adventure Time is definitely my favourite TV series though ^.^
EDIT:
Game - Sims
TV Series - Adventure Time
Movies - Cars, Aladdin and The Little Mermaid

Favorite Themes?
Hmm.. Well I love mermaids, fairies, unicorns etc so I'd say fairytale style fantasy I guess?

Do you like cup soups? If so, which are your favorite flavours?
No thank you :blush:

Book Likes and Dislikes:
My favourite novels are romantic fantasies but most importantly they have to be funny! Anything about fairies, mermaids etc. I don't like crime, horror or anything too "adult"..
I do like beautifully illustrated children's (or even young teen) books, especially if they have a cute little story :blush:

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc)
I wouldn't mind a pony calendar or a cute little notebook or something like that. Probably not cups or pens though. Pony things aren't a priority for me right now, and I would probably prefer other extras.

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug?
Frogs and geckos! I would be ok with a frog and/or gecko mug if it were a nice/interesting shape I suppose?
I also love dragonflies!

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drink ware?
I definitely do like interesting shapes - curves especially!
Cute novelty handles are something I like too.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc)
If my partner wanted to send a postcard or something small/very inexpensive, that wouldn't bother me. Otherwise I'm not really interested in that kind of thing :blush:

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box?
I have pets and a fiancé. Our Chihuahua girl loves little soft toys to snuggle, while our 6 month old staffordshire bull terrier pup (also a girl) just loves to chew ANYTHING.. We also have an indoor male cat who likes to wear bow ties etc
Mostly though, my fiancé would be so thrilled if there were a little surprise treat included for him. He's all over any kind of candy/chocolate as well as coffee so he's not too hard to please and has no allergies.
Please don't feel that you have to include any of them though!

How game are you at trying foods or drinks from other countries/cultures?  Anything you would rather avoid flavours wise? (just as an example, chili, bacon, chocolate)
I'm not keen on anything other than candy and teas/coffee.

Are you looking for a mug for any place (Home/Work/School etc) in particular?
Personally I'm not looking for any mug in particular but I wouldn't mind a sturdy (yet cute!) mug to carry with me for Work/School.

Would you prefer mugs that are Dishwasher/Microwave safe?
Yes please.

Dear partner, what is the most favorite mug you've ever owned? (To help get an idea of a mug you may like now! Pics welcome)

These are my two faves - the adorable froggy mug from last years swap for obvious reasons :heart: and one of the generic mugs from our dinner set.. I just love the corrugated texture on it, the size and the subtle colouring (even though I'm definitely not opposed to brighter blues, greens or purples!).

Let's say you have already listed a favorite animal or two. How would you feel about receiving a mug purchased from a rescue for said animal? What if it had the rescues name on it? Any interest?
Sure, but since theres a mug limit I'd really just prefer other kinds of mugs if that's ok :blush:

Do you have a favorite region of the world, or a culture that is your favorite?
Hmm.. not really. I guess I'm open to anything but I don't really think cultures strictly apply to the kinds of mugs I like?

If you have a favorite show/book/video game, would you like trading cards/trading stickers from it? (example, Pokemon cards, or the Panini stickers like Frozen has right now)
I'd be thrilled with any fun Adventure Time merch! I especially LOVE stickers.

Do you like nail polish? if so what colors do you like wearing?
I absolutely love nail polish and wear it constantly. I prefer holos and duo-chromes in cool colours or nudes.
I'm a little fussy about formulas and tend to stick to boutique nail polishes but I also love Sally Hansen products.

As we will be receiving our swap boxes in October would you like any Halloween themed extras? Do you prefer cute Halloween things such as black cats, pumpkins or more dark/ gory things?
Celebrating Halloween isn't a big deal around here :blush:
However, I do love black cats and cute spiders - orb weavers for example.

If I paint a mug this might be one of your main mugs. Is that okay? And what would you most like painted on a mug?
I'm not really a fan of painted mugs in general.. Plus my current (and foreseeable future) living situation only allows for dishwasher washing and I don't think a hand painted mug would fare well - sorry :blush:

Do you like cactus?
I sure do but I wouldn't be able to receive them in this swap. Cacti themed things could be cute though?

Mugs I like:

And stealing this from mkia..
Time for some eye candy! I was walking around World Market and found these. Aren't they neat?

I personally love the starfish. But both are super cool!
Because I think those mugs are epically fun and adorable :biggrin:

Fuzzy socks??
Love them!

What are your top three favorite mystical creatures?
Not including mermaids and fairies - since I already mentioned them ;)
Unicorn
Phoenix
Dragon

I'm fairly indifferent to handmade things.. and I prefer that they're well done :blush:

If you drink coffee or tea, what flavors/types do you like?:
I drink my tea black 99% of the time and especially love peppermint teas :heart:

Would you prefer a stylized mug with an image of your interests on it, or a stylized mug in your favorite colors (no image):
Hmm I'd be happy with either but if I had to choose, I'd say a stylised mug in my favourite colours.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:50:15 PM by M!ndy »
:fox:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
Woo! We are at 10 participants now :).

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 04:06:32 AM »
lets add some questions!

For me, when it comes to games im a big fan of bioshock, all of them! Tv series would be The walking dead, and Game of thrones, I dont watch much tv, Movies would be How to train your dragon, and lilo and stitch!

Favorite Themes?
Nature/woodland animals, (I really DO NOT like roses lol), pastel colors excluding pink, zombies anything, I LOVE moths, as mentioned in my questions above I love sugar skull art, anything Buddhism related, Im also a proud Hufflepuff!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal