collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rehair color help  (Read 299 times)

Offline princess

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Rehair color help
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:13:17 AM »
I'm rehairing some ponies and I'm not sure how to do the mane of this one
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here's what I have going on.  Blue, purple, a light blue, and pink tail on swirly whirly.  Hopefully these colors seem fine for her?  Now I'm not sure how to do her mane.   Should I just do those four colors in order down it, or  do some sort of pattern, or what?  I can't figure out would what look nice, any suggestions would be appreciated ;;

Also a color suggestion for Dancing Butterlies and Banana Surprise would be nice, too, if I decide to hack off their hair next... rehairing is just so much fun, I wish I had more baits, I just want to do this all day lol.

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rehair color help
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 08:33:57 AM »
I've seen customs with "normal" hair rooted randomly, and it works pretty well with colors that blend well. I think it would work well if you rooted some colors here or there with no real pattern. With the puffy hair, I think mixing a bit of white in would look really good. I really love the colors you've chosen!

As for the other two, I think Dancing Butterflies would work well with a deep blue and a hot pink to complement her symbols, and Banana Surprise seems like yellow, white and lavender would look good. Perhaps a little golden orange would look good on them both?
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Moonflower473

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 10:39:27 AM »
Rehairing IS fun!!! 
I think it depends on what you are doing as an artist.  Are you restoring or creating something new? I can't tell but the picture looks like you might be using yarn which makes me think you are customizing something new. Try a couple things and see what happens.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 01:22:07 PM »
I'd do them in stripes but I think it would look great either way.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 04:12:14 AM »
Oh, they will look gorgeous with their new puffy hair!

I'd do like you suggested, four sections of colour like the rainbow ponies have. Alternatively, you could just blend all the colours to match her tail. I'm sure it'll look lovely either way!

Are Dancing Butterflies and Banana Surprise going to have puffy yarn hair, too? (I hope so!) I agree with princess, hot pink and blue would look great on DS, and I would love pale yellow on Banana Surprise. :)

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline princess

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 04:57:21 AM »
Thanks for the color advice, everyone!  I'll be trying to do those, soon!  Magenta and blue for butterflies, and Banana will definitely be getting pale yellow with a streak of something I haven't decided yet!

I'm hoping I can make some  look like actual perfume puffs, and not just like they have yarn for hair, even though they do, but I don't think I have the right kind of yarn for that.  Possibly.  I saw that certain kinds work better, I think? Not of the yarn in the house is marked, it's making this a challenge, aha!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal