collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help us decide where and when the 2015 MLP Fair will be held. Survey Time!  (Read 5099 times)

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
The fair hasn't been anywhere near the west coast since before FiM started. It's our turn!
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
The fair hasn't been anywhere near the west coast since before FiM started. It's our turn!

I agree!

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
I vote Kansas, Florida, New Jersey, or Georgia! Personally, I am all for Florida because everywhere you turn beach, beach, beach! Did I mention beach?

Sorry Texas, but you are a huge no for me just like California. I admit I am also against Portland Oregon due to a really bad show that is based there, so not a very good reason...XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
I voted for later in July. The second weekend of July is always a duty weekend for the national guard and reserves.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
I also want to mention that I am from Fort Wayne Indiana where my family lives, but m here in Texas. I understand the staff is in IN. Its not hard at all to travel to Texas from Indiana and voce versa! I pretty much just take highway 75 most the way up and cross over a couple states. :P Its like a big L drive almost. Plus.... 75 goes right through Dallas so its even esier to get to! We usually need to fill the gas up like twice, Its usually only a 14hrish drive to and fro. No excuse!  :biggrin:

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.undead455.com
i did it.  woohooo

i just hope it is somewhere where i can go  LOL

as long as we have a fair every year i do not mind where it is

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
I seriously do feel like it's Texas's turn to have the MLP fair :) every major city have had it atleast once or twice.

But Texas, nada. We've been left out!! :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
Texas would be cool, but doesn't it get insanely hot there? I know the fair is inside, but still.

Also, I'd totally love it to be in Nashville again. That rocked. Some town close to Atlanta would be awesome as well, I've been to Atlanta 3+ times and still haven't tired of it.

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
Nashville is a good location since it's smack in the middle of the country and makes driving for us Midwesterners possible! I also agree that a second/smaller fair be held for West Coast collectors.

Having the fair in Chicago would be great though! That's pretty close for me.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
I vote Kansas, Florida, New Jersey, or Georgia! Personally, I am all for Florida because everywhere you turn beach, beach, beach! Did I mention beach?

Sorry Texas, but you are a huge no for me just like California. I admit I am also against Portland Oregon due to a really bad show that is based there, so not a very good reason...XD
Errr  Texas has beaches :) LOL   well Gulfcoast kinda beach  :blush: LOL and rivers,Eyup Rivers and Lakes :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I was just looking at a map thinking of good fair locations and I was looking at Kansas City.  If you want central, that is really right in the middle.  Seems like people from all over could make it there.  I have never been there and not sure what is around but I assume it has lots of attractions? Just a good location on a map at least.  I know there are lots of votes for Texas this year.  It's just so south I feel like it would limit attendance....  Although maybe not looking at this discussion :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC doesn't have quite as many attractions as people may think, with it being so central in the country (of course, I grew up in MO, so a lot of MO stuff is "every day" to me).  They've got some good shopping and a decent aquarium, and Worlds of Fun (amusement park) is nearby.  I'm sure there's historical parts to tour and the such, but NOTHING incredibly noteworthy that you'd HAVE to see if you came.  If you're looking for a central-ish location still in Missouri, I'd suggest Branson.  It's sort of the like the Orlando of the four-state area and is about three or four hours south of KC.  It's got history (and fun museums like the wax museum, the Titanic museum and a Ripley's museum), theme parks (Silver Dollar City is a hillbilly themed amusement park and SO much fun!!!), some super fun shows (including Dixie Stampede), great shopping and a LOT of outdoor adventure activities (trail rides, zip lines, riding the Ducks, caves...)  Branson also puts you close to other super fun vacation-y areas like Eureka Springs.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:00:17 AM by Katika »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
there are many, many major cities that have not come close to having the Fair...even if Vegas has had it twice it hasn't come to Seattle to my knowledge.
also...The geographic center of the contiguous United States is a point near the town of Lebanon, Kansas
so, my vote is for Lebanon Kansas!! Nashville is very far from the center of the country for someone in the Pacific Northwest...
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile

Errr  Texas has beaches :) LOL   well Gulfcoast kinda beach  :blush: LOL and rivers,Eyup Rivers and Lakes :)
Plus there is Galveston, which is about an hour away from Houston. I haven't been there yet but the family members that have really enjoy it there. IIRC there is also like a waterfront carinval there, among other attractions.
If you really want to go to a tourist-y beach place/area in Texas, you could go to Port Aransas or Corpus Christi (but as someone who lived in the latter area for over 15 years, the beach is probably one of the few "fun" things to do there if you like the beach.  I personally don't so I'm biased about that xD).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
Filled out the survey. My dream location, Seattle.  Really though any of these States, Washington, Oregon, California and Nevada are good.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:27:44 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
Fair Locations:

2004 - Las Vegas (South West)
2005 - Minnesota (North Midwest)
2006 - San Francisco (West Coast)
2007- Memphis (South East)
2008 - Providence (North East)
2009 - Las Vegas (South West)
2010 - Louisville (South East)
2011 -  Pawtucket (North East)
2012 - Orlando (South East)
2013 - Indianapolis (Midwest)
2014 - Nashville (South East)

Other Stats:
2/11 Have been in the Midwest
3/11 Have been in the West
4/11 Have been in the South East
2/11 Have been in the North East

6/11 Have been on the East Coast
3/11 Have been on the West Coast
2/11 Have been in the Midwest

Las Vegas has been host twice - the only CITY with this distinction. While Rhode Island and Tennessee both have hosted the Fair twice

Voting is currently underway for the next location of the fair.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal