collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help us decide where and when the 2015 MLP Fair will be held. Survey Time!  (Read 5161 times)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
Sadly anything outside CA is a no go for me. :c

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
It has to be easy for the staff to visit during the year as well. For anyone who has ever planned something like this there's generally at least one site surgery if not a couple. It very well may be more accessible and affordable for it to be on this side of the country.

Offline sheena

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I think other factors are the staff having to haul all the supplies to locations.  This is obviously much easier for them to do if they can drive. 

And we have always been told that the west coast fairs have very small attendance. not sure why or if this would still be the case but I believe it is a fact that has been an issue in the past. 

A lot has changed in the collector market since then though :)  the fair used to be for a few hundred .  That is not the case anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
*daydreams about the Fair being in Calgary or Montana*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Hmmm..... if it was in Colorado. I think I could work something out to go! :D Ive been curious to see Colorado because Im interested move in the Rockies where its colder. My husband keeps saying he wants to move back in the area because he misses his family and his grandpa is getting very old and wants to visit soon. I want a cold mountainly place to live surrounded by a sea of evergreens that isnt too far away from TX. Although I want the fair to be in Texas Colorado or Utah might be possible for me.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
I would love if it was in Phoenix, but that's a super long shot.

I'd be happy with Colorado, Texas, Utah, Nevada, or California because they're all driving distance. I still think Denver would be an awesome choice.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Done!  I plan to be there no matter where it is.  Thanks for asking for our suggestions :D
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
Done:) I've already restocked my sales bins hehe;)

I'm sorry I'm another one that would not prefer Texas. Way too hot for me and everything is so far away. I have family in Dallas/FW and Houston and I don't even want to waste money on plane tickets to visit because I just feel like there's not much to do/see. I loved the Dallas zoo though and the stockyards are fun to visit:) Just not I trip I want to repeat. Plus the drive is almost 18 hrs...I just don't want that stress on a trip again either.  Driving to Orlando was the same but the destination had way more perks for the family as a whole.

While I would love it to be near Chicago(major hub city for those flying;), my vote is for somewhere with a water feature like the WI Dells or like someone mentioned Branson MO. Niagra falls area would be really neat too.  I also voted for the last weekend in June. Too many cons in mid to end of July. Definitely no go on the weekend of the 17th-19th during Breyerfest again please;)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:22:15 AM by Wysteria »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal