collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help us decide where and when the 2015 MLP Fair will be held. Survey Time!  (Read 5169 times)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
Las Vegas is closer to the West Coast than any of the ones you listed as being on the East Coast.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
and there are people that argue that nashville is in the middle of the US.
i'm not going to take a poll to see who considers which states where. nor do i feel the need to edit my post, either.
"the fair shouldnt be in seattle because it was in vegas before and it's the same thing because they are both west coast" leads me to believe that clearly everyone has their own ideas about what constitutes east coast v west coast.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
No one asked you to edit your post did they? There is no need to get all up in arms just because people question or correct you. Just calm down.

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
Survey submitted
Hoping for west coast

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
I'm still hoping for Chicago. :P or Kansas City.

I also voted for the weekend after the 4th as I work retail and getting the 4th of July weekend off on Vacation can be tough.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Texas would be cool, but doesn't it get insanely hot there? I know the fair is inside, but still.

Also, I'd totally love it to be in Nashville again. That rocked. Some town close to Atlanta would be awesome as well, I've been to Atlanta 3+ times and still haven't tired of it.

Texas gets killer hot in August, June and July is pretty much like most places in the US that time of year, 70's-high 80's at least in the NE part where I live. Its really not that bad! Ive managed to survive here and I grew up in the north! :P

Post Merge: August 21, 2014, 06:04:09 AM

Texas would be cool, but doesn't it get insanely hot there? I know the fair is inside, but still.

Also, I'd totally love it to be in Nashville again. That rocked. Some town close to Atlanta would be awesome as well, I've been to Atlanta 3+ times and still haven't tired of it.
I heard Arizona's hotter. And besides, it just depends on where you're from ;) others are used to the heat, while others are cold weather lovers.
Anyways it mostly gets insanely hot here in August >_<
And even then, it can be crazy hot one minute, and within 5 to ten minutes be raining (and cooler) the next. xD Texas is kinda weird like that.
LOL  We do not have seasons per say , but we might go through all seasons weather like in a just a week LOL

HAHA! Well said Houston! I remember last March up here in Frisco we had an ice storm, then it started snowing, raining, and hailing with thunder at the same time! Then it was cold and sunny most the week! xD Our weather can be pretty random! Although I still have yet to experience a tornado and ive lived down here since I was 19. We had 1 funnel cloud and a wind storm knock over our mailbox but thats it! Most the bad weather I have experienced is actually ice storms, seems my area gets 3 every season...I never would have thought before i moved down here that Texas got severe ice storms.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 06:04:09 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
I went through basic training in Texas from July till September. It was hot but not humid. It really wasn't that bad and we were outside the entire time!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
I could make it also if its in Texas or MN or KS. IA would also be awesome :)

Offline Sprinkles

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
How about somewhere near (or in) D.C? Always lots to do in the nation's capitol :P
Pony want list | Doll want list | Starlight's Reference
Thank you TornadoTwist for my avatar :)

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
How about somewhere near (or in) D.C? Always lots to do in the nation's capitol :P
Soooo far :(

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

The fair is always going to be really far for some people, there is no getting around it.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile

The fair is always going to be really far for some people, there is no getting around it.
Totally understand that, but it has been really far from anyone on the west coast for many years.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile

Totally understand that, but it has been really far from anyone on the west coast for many years.

That might be because it might cost a lot to have them out there, which is the reason we will never have one in Chicago for example.

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
I'm just saying... Denver is gorgeous in the summer. Hotel prices aren't astronomical, we're fairly central, the airport has direct flights all over, our convention center is awesome (as is the hotel where StarFest is hosted every year), and there's plenty to do here.

It really does seem like the fair has been really focusing on the east and south lately. Even if we can't do west coast (though if happily go to California too; especially San Diego), at least Colorado is accessible to the west coast people too.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
I could definitely do a Denver fair :). That's at least driving distance (or a short flight). And they do have a lot to do there, as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal