collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I fear we have been scammed  (Read 612 times)

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
I fear we have been scammed
« on: August 18, 2014, 12:08:28 AM »
I've got to say, over the past two years of collecting I have had amazing experiences with trading, selling and buying from people on the arena and other pony collecting fb pages......but it all turned a bit sour this week :-(

Myself and 4 other girls have traded and purchased ponies with another girl (the name has now been removed/changed on here so I can't locate her now) and she has also removed herself from the fb page too.
I had made a massive trade with this girl (I sent her over 14 Carebears, the g4 train set, extra carriages and a g4 pony plus extra fun stuff and in return I was to get FF butterscotch, FF Bluebelle, FF minty, FF peachy, princess amthemist, princess serena, CP stockings, CP December Birthflower (for my birthday) and two baby ponies of the traders choice to be a surprise when they arrived.
Now, this girl has had great feedback in the past, a long time collector and prescience on these forums and fb but now she has disappeared off the face of the earth taking my package I sent and 4 purchases with her (I know my friend paid £25 for leaper from her, I'm unsure what the other girls had bought)

I've never had this happen before so what do I do, where do I go?
I'm so upset. I'm normally such an understanding person, calm relaxed about it (after all pony collecting is meant to be about the fun). I had been all like yeah give her time to reply, you know real life gets in the way sometimes but this is just not good.
It's been a month since she said she posted it, refuses to reply to messages though I can see she is online.

I'm so upset (I went out to source all those Carebears for her, I was trying to do an amazing thing to send the biggest box of bears ever) she even sent me a photo of her kids cuddling the bears to me to say thank you.

Anyway, I'm ranting now because I'm so upset so il wrap it up.
What do I do? (Apart from sob)  :cry:
802 and counting........

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Re: I fear we have been scammed
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:23:40 AM »
Oh no. That's pretty terrible that someone did that to all of you :( If you do know their name, I would advise not posting it until a mod gives you the green light, from past experience, it can be a breach of privacy otherwise.

I'm really not sure, do you have any way of contacting her? You have her address, maybe either send her a letter, or if it is getting really serious, you can actually pass their details onto the police in their area and they can investigate. I know it sound serious, but there really isn't a lot else I can suggest, other than hope someone here knows this person in person, and could prompt them, I mean someone in the family could've died or something, but the fact that they've just disappeared deleting all accounts with them is by all means, very suspicious. I hope you can get some helpful advice, that truly is disgraceful.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 03:40:47 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this has happened to you and to others Fleurlapin :cry:
 Did this trade happen here or on FB/another pony site. I take it that the person is a member here though either way - please let Ponylady or myself her name and maybe we can shed some more light on the situation or find it easier to know how best to advise to advise/help you
:hug:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:04:48 AM »
Is this perhaps whom you are speaking of?

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358624.0.html

If not as Ringlets said, you can PM either one of us and we will look into it for you?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 02:07:56 PM »
Thanks guys for advise.
I would not name names on here for all to see, I just don't feel comfortable doing that but I shall PM the details privately to the mods.
I have had a reply from this member (yes they was a member on here also but I can no longer search their name) they responded on Monday saying that it has not yet been posted as it was forgotten about and it will be sent ASAP with tracking. Another girl has told me that a pony she had purchased from them will be refunded but I believe she is still waiting on this.

Will keep you all updated.
Thanks again for your advise! Xxx
802 and counting........

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal