collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I need some eBay phone app help!  (Read 556 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
I need some eBay phone app help!
« on: August 17, 2014, 08:22:38 AM »
I sold some ponies on eBay to an international buyer and of course I sent a combined shipping invoice (I've tried to send it multiple times just in case). My buyer is using her eBay phone app and she's having a problem locating her invoice. She seems to be a fairly new eBayer. I've asked her to check her email and her cart but she says it's not in there. Is there a way to find her invoice on the app so she can pay? She said she's going to ring eBay tomorrow and get this figured out because it's frustrating but I thought if I could be of help I'd try. Thanks!

Edit: She says she's found the invoices but eBay won't let her pay them. She's tried with her laptop and her phone. And she paid for a single pony previously of mine fine. I don't get it. It sounds like a PayPal problem.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:16:53 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I need some eBay phone app help!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:25:24 AM »
Hey,

when I purchase multiple items I can't pay via Paypal right over the app. There is always a window popping up that it is a multi purchase that I have to use the website to get to the invoice and pay. So as far as I know it is not possible to pay a combined bill over the Ebay app. Did you try to send the invoice again so she can find it on the website? Sounds kind of strange that she can't find it but when you're new to Ebay a lot of things can be confusing.

I've bought ponies from you a couple of months ago over Ebay I just figured out :)

Edit: You wrote while I was typing - so maybe it is really just about paypal?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 09:27:53 AM by Baby_Honeycomb »
:biggrin:  There is always space for more ponies  :biggrin:
My wantlist http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,358238.0.html

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
I'm hoping it's just about PayPal. I'm going to try sending a PayPal invoice without eBay in the mix. I've done this in the past when someone has had trouble checking out. EBay told me to do it this way. If this doesn't work I will probably have to wait and see what she finds out tomorrow.

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:39:06 AM »
I'm confident everything will be fine, she is willing to pay ;)
But this problem with the app is annoying, it's just a couple of clicks to pay but not for combined shipping. Only other way over the mobile phone is using the website directly.

Send via Tapatalk on my Galaxy - blame autocorrect for every mistake ;)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 09:53:53 AM »
She called eBay and apparently they told her it's a common problem and I should send her an invoice via PayPal (which is what I was in the middle of doing when she messaged me). I wish they would not have so many problems because filling out those manual invoices is a pain!

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 10:05:22 AM »
I'm sorry it is giving you a hard time but buyers like me really appreciate the opportunity to buy ponies from abroad. Many are much harder to get here and when they pop up they are more expensive then buying them directly from abroad despite the high shipping costs. Sounds strange but that's the way it is.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 10:14:39 AM »
Do you know what? EBay told her they'd send me a message about how to fill out a PayPal invoice for her. They sent the instructions to her! Thankfully I have done it in the past!

I don't mind at all selling to international buyers! They are some of my best customers and rarely do they give me any problems. It's eBay that I'm complaining about! EBay needs to get their glitches out especially if these problems happen a lot!

Offline Baby_Honeycomb

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 11:38:11 AM »
You're absolutely right, just too bad there are few alternatives reaching out to so many people worldwide :(

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 04:52:31 AM »
I am glad that it seems you have got it figured out. I know there has been lots of problems with that App. and sending invoices to International buyers was one of them.

The only thing I could of thought of for her to do was to go to her eBay through the browser. It would then open the mobile version and she could of went to the very bottom and opened the "classic" version.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 07:03:44 AM »
I am glad that it seems you have got it figured out. I know there has been lots of problems with that App. and sending invoices to International buyers was one of them.

The only thing I could of thought of for her to do was to go to her eBay through the browser. It would then open the mobile version and she could of went to the very bottom and opened the "classic" version.

She said she actually tried that, too, and even went on her laptop and tried paying the invoice and couldn't and had to call eBay. Very frustrating!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 07:23:44 AM »
 :crazy: What a pain! I personally never use that app. because it's frustrating as all get out. Plus I figure if I have a smartphone then I should be able to use the normal website and not a stupid app.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 07:37:20 AM »
:crazy: What a pain! I personally never use that app. because it's frustrating as all get out. Plus I figure if I have a smartphone then I should be able to use the normal website and not a stupid app.

I agree we should have the option to use the full website if we choose! It's so much easier and we have more options! The app is so limited!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 03:41:37 AM »
I'm glad you've got it sorted (and in all honesty I never ever use a smartphone  and only ever do ebay from my laptop in the old fashioned way so i wouldnt be much help there...but I hear that lots of people have issues with the app...)
I just wanted to add that it prolly was an ebay glitch though and not anything you or your buyer (or even the app) did wrong . I had exactly the same thing happen with me a few months back. I sent my buyer a combined invoice (she bought two dolls from me) which first of all she never got, then i sent her another and then it wouldnt let her pay... in the end we BOTH had to call ebay - first we got instructions on how to do the invoice (like we didnt know and hadnt tried!)-  before they admitted it was their glitch and that they would sort it - which they finally did... about 2 weeks after the poor buyer first tried to pay! then the payment went through just fine  = frustrating! :yikes:  So it happens sometimes... best to call evilbay directly and let them sort it if all else fails.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 05:20:03 PM »
I've had invoices sent to me but had to make sure I was on the "right eBay" to get it to show up on international purchases. I don't know why eBay.com can't just talk to .co.uk but they're unable it seems.  -_-
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal