collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animal Crossing Thread, Part 5  (Read 22357 times)

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Animal Crossing Thread, Part 5
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2015, 05:11:03 AM »
Tap Dancer, I'm glad things worked out for you, then! :D

I had Cookie in one of my towns, but I gave her to Tiella.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 17, 2015, 10:21:14 AM »
I'd pay millions of bells for Cookie. Maybe I should start combing through AC boards to see if anyone has her moving out. I haven't turned on my game in months. I'm sure I have lost a villager. I lost Penelope that way. That made me sad. :(
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 17, 2015, 04:29:25 PM »
I'd pay millions of bells for Cookie. Maybe I should start combing through AC boards to see if anyone has her moving out. I haven't turned on my game in months. I'm sure I have lost a villager. I lost Penelope that way. That made me sad. :(

You never know! Mine was off for like 5 months and I didn't lose anyone! ^^ so it may be ok.

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2015, 10:54:15 PM »
Am I being irrationally sentimental or do you all get upset when villagers move out? Molly moved out randomly a couple weeks back and I got so upset I just shut off the game and seriously contemplated restarting...and she wasn't even a favourite villager (I can't imagine how I would have taken it if Bella or O'Hare left).

Every time a villager asked to go on their own, I could never let them, but I finally said yes to Stinky (his house was far from everyone else and that bugged me). Today is his last day and I regret everything and want him to stay.  :cry:

I can't believe I'm being so sentimental over this but I love my villagers. They're so adorable and I hate seeing them go. Anyone else get get way too emotional?

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2015, 04:33:14 AM »
I did early on but not anymore... There's a couple I like more than others (Skye is my current favorite resident) but I like getting new people. I do love that villagers that move out can show up in Main Street, so you still get to see them from time to time- that helps a lot!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2015, 06:07:37 AM »
Am I being irrationally sentimental or do you all get upset when villagers move out? Molly moved out randomly a couple weeks back and I got so upset I just shut off the game and seriously contemplated restarting...and she wasn't even a favourite villager (I can't imagine how I would have taken it if Bella or O'Hare left).

Every time a villager asked to go on their own, I could never let them, but I finally said yes to Stinky (his house was far from everyone else and that bugged me). Today is his last day and I regret everything and want him to stay.  :cry:

I can't believe I'm being so sentimental over this but I love my villagers. They're so adorable and I hate seeing them go. Anyone else get get way too emotional?

I've been playing for more than a year and only 4 or 5 villagers have moved away. Half of my villagers have been with me from the very beginning. I can't let anyone go, even though it means if a camper I love comes, there's no room for them. I like the layout of my town and where all the flowers, trees, and houses are. I'm actually considering buying a second copy of the game. That way, I can leave my main town as is and be more relaxed about a second town. I'm undecided, though, because it's a lot of work and I'm not sure I want to devote so much of my time to the game.

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2015, 11:56:27 AM »
I can totally relate. I didn't play for a few days and both Maple and rosie left one after another. I was devastated. Molly is my ALL time favorite villager. I've been very careful since and will even replay days if I'm unsure just to be sure she doesn't leave. If she did I may restart my game. You just grow so attached to some villagers :)

Offline Tap Dancer

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »
I finally went ahead and got a second copy! My main town is Mayberry, run by Mayor Kelly (and Suzanne). The town fruit is oranges.
My new town is Pripyat and is run by Mayor Belle. The town fruit is pears.

I forgot how much it stinks being poor! :lol: I only have one 3DS, though, so I can't cheat and transfer bells over. Oh, well. :) It's fun to start a new town.

Edit: I forgot to mention that a month after playing my second copy, I decided I wanted a better layout...and one I will stick with. I kept the town name (Pripyat) and character name (Belle). The town fruit is cherries. I'm much happier now. And I got a 2DS, so I can cheat. Suzanne "gave" Belle 30 million Bells. LOL
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:30:07 PM by Tap Dancer »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2015, 08:41:57 AM »
I have given it some serious thought picking this up and playing it again. Now you will all call me stupid for this, but I am weird about playing "old" games. I feel I should get something "new". But I have been in an AC mood. I want to go beetle hunting on the island again, but I really have nothing to save money for. My house is paid off and decorated the way I want it to be.

I also am feeling guilty about something. My mom was majorly addicted to this game when I gave her my old 3DS and a copy of it. I fell into some rough times and she had me sell it and the game. Now she wants to play it again and I really can't afford to buy her a new console right now though I feel I should. I just feel terrible. I think her getting the game again would get me playing again. I'd catch bugs to help her out monetarily.

It's also a goal of mine to get Cookie in my town. I just need to find someone getting rid of her.

I am going on vacation next week and want a game to play. This game sounds fun. I thought about either taking this or Story of Seasons (which I am burnt out on....but it's unfinished). I don't want to start over, though. I like how my house is and I have a lot of downloaded décor.

I am being overdramatic, I know.

I'm also trying to convince my brother to buy the game and play with me on the vacation. His 3DS is broke but he may be getting it fixed today. I want someone to play the game with me, dangit!
My Wishlist

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #249 on: August 03, 2015, 01:58:05 PM »
Just play it.  :P it's awesome.  You could always make another house in your town and start decorating that one... maybe

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2015, 12:13:10 PM »
I may still bring this one to vacation......but I just copy (another) copy of Fantasy Life. (I sold my other one off early on in the game.....for monetary issues). So I may be busy with Fantasy Life. I am already sucked in. But if my brother gets AC it's totally on.
My Wishlist

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »
I may still bring this one to vacation......but I just copy (another) copy of Fantasy Life. (I sold my other one off early on in the game.....for monetary issues). So I may be busy with Fantasy Life. I am already sucked in. But if my brother gets AC it's totally on.

I would just bring all your games. I have a game case and it helps since I may be in a different mood traveling then I thought when packing my suitcase :)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2015, 08:36:51 AM »
I have this (probably irrational) fear of my games getting lost or stolen when traveling. My ex boyfriend would bring all his video games to work and leave them on the break room table. I am still surprised to this day they have never gotten stolen (or maybe they have.....haven't talked to him for a while).

At least with Fantasy Life it saves to your SD card. If I lost my AC cart that's many hours of work and my whole town gone. :(  But I may still bring it. I may have an itch to play it.
My Wishlist

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 24, 2015, 07:59:09 AM »
Anyone excited for and/or getting Happy Home Designer?

I already went ahead and purchased and preloaded it this morning so it'll be ready to play when I get off from work tomorrow morning!

At first I didn't think too highly of the title, but as they went on and showed that it wasn't dependent on Amiibo cards and that it wasn't just designing houses, but also community buildings and all of the options for designing I got really excited.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #254 on: September 24, 2015, 08:27:12 AM »
Yes I am so excited for Happy Home Designer! Hubby is taking me to pick up my pre-ordered copy tomorrow and hopefully I can snag some packs of amiibo cards too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal