collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animal Crossing Thread, Part 5  (Read 22358 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Animal Crossing Thread, Part 5
« Reply #285 on: September 27, 2015, 05:37:34 AM »
We got the cards in last night!!!!! If I get some and post them here, can everyone use the QR code scanner thingy to the photo to get that villager? I am waiting to get that game on black friday, since when New Leaf came out I got it THAT black friday for $25dollars- buuuut i dont mind getting the cards fright now! :3

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 27, 2015, 07:28:03 AM »
We got the cards in last night!!!!! If I get some and post them here, can everyone use the QR code scanner thingy to the photo to get that villager? I am waiting to get that game on black friday, since when New Leaf came out I got it THAT black friday for $25dollars- buuuut i dont mind getting the cards fright now! :3

Don't think that's how the cards work- they don't have QR codes, you have to lay them on the amiibo scanner doodad to make them work. But they're still very nice cards in and of themselves so people may still like seeing them.   :)

Post Merge: September 27, 2015, 07:29:57 AM

Yep. You could create junk and they'll still do a happy dance. Which is probably fine for younger players but would be nice if you could make them pickier for older players or those who like a challenge. I think I saw a challenge mode for the online function, though.

I would like more challenge too, or a scoring system of some kind so there's incentive to go back and improve homes when you have more stuff available, or something to that effect.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:29:57 AM by buttonso »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 27, 2015, 09:31:28 AM »
I think the reason there is a lack of a grading system for the houses are because they want people to be able to be as creative as they want to when it comes to designing.
I onow in New Leaf, a lot of houses I would Streetpass end up looking the same because people would use the SAME furniture series that would rack up the most points for the HHA score. It got to be boring.

So in a way i am happy HHD kinda lacks a system...although it would have been cute to have the villagers actually critique your designs.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
« Reply #288 on: September 27, 2015, 03:44:38 PM »
I have two extra amiibo cards: Chief (fox) and Limburg (mouse) unused if anyone wants to trade let me know!
or if there is a trade thread ( can't find it )
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #289 on: September 27, 2015, 05:33:15 PM »
I bought two card packs, and managed to get a double of Cherri, so far. Would def be interested in trading! I got Sahara's card with my game.

Just finished designing the school. Very enjoyable!

I would love to trade for Cherri! I have quite a few duplicates including Chief and Harriet :)

SwiftheartBabbit

« Reply #290 on: September 27, 2015, 06:05:59 PM »
I bought two card packs, and managed to get a double of Cherri, so far. Would def be interested in trading! I got Sahara's card with my game.

Just finished designing the school. Very enjoyable!

I would love to trade for Cherri! I have quite a few duplicates including Chief and Harriet :)

That sounds good! Drop me a PM with the doubles you have available, and I'm sure we can work out a trade. :)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #291 on: September 27, 2015, 08:09:40 PM »
Im saving all my doubles for a friend, but i'm totally addicted to buying these cards now u.u iv bought 7 packs now, happily only have 4  doubles out of all of them!

Does anyone know if they can be re-used? like if i use a card on mine, can my son use the same card for his game? (he doesnt have the game yet, didnt realize he wanted it until after i got mine rofl)
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 27, 2015, 08:50:47 PM »
Yep the cards are reusable (or at least, they should be, considering you use them to not only summon them quicker, but to invite them over to another villager's home and even in some of the buildings like the school and hospital). I have only used two of my cards once, Sable and Octavian, so I double check real quick, just to make sure.

Plus it would be messed up for Nintendo to make the cards one use only. xD

Aaand yep, the cards are reusable!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 01:23:20 AM by MilkyTaroMochi »

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 28, 2015, 03:09:46 AM »
I like designing the houses, but not the buildings. So far I've done a school and a shop. I don't like how you can't go back and edit those. Thankfully, you can redesign the homes as many times as you want.

I'm glad I ordered my cards online because I didn't see any in Walmart, Target or Best Buy this weekend. Has anyone seen them in stores? Are they with the video games and Amiibo figures?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #294 on: September 28, 2015, 03:24:26 AM »
TapDancer I found some in Toys R us, but of course they're 6.99 there where everywhere else they seem to be 5.99 u.u iv kinda gotten used to the fact that TRU seems to charge 1.00 more for everything in their store lol.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 28, 2015, 04:06:39 AM »
I like designing the houses, but not the buildings. So far I've done a school and a shop. I don't like how you can't go back and edit those. Thankfully, you can redesign the homes as many times as you want.

I've heard that eventually down the line we'll be able to redesign the buildings, it's after building a certain number of them. Perhaps after the second round?

I love building the buildings myself. And it's so cute to see all of the villagers in them shopping/eating/etc.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #296 on: September 28, 2015, 04:55:21 AM »
Oh yess I love the buildings xD the villagers are so cute in them! I also love that you can kinda dress them up and assign them roles. Iv had so much fun. The school is my most favorite to peek in on. Once i went in and all the villagers were running around for "recess" xD it was so cute!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 28, 2015, 08:54:03 AM »
What is everyone's honest feelings on Happy Home Designer? Is it worth the $40?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SwiftheartBabbit

« Reply #298 on: September 28, 2015, 09:13:25 AM »

I've heard that eventually down the line we'll be able to redesign the buildings, it's after building a certain number of them. Perhaps after the second round?

I love building the buildings myself. And it's so cute to see all of the villagers in them shopping/eating/etc.

Yes, once you've completed one of the second round of building redesigns, Isabelle will tell you that you can now talk to Digby about editing buildings you've previously designed. Which I'm happy about, since I keep thinking of little tweaks to make for each one, lol.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 28, 2015, 09:21:52 AM »

You can actually go back and redisgn the buildings, but you have to keep playing until they allow you to do it. I forgot when exactly, but I think I had to have made at least most of the buildings before the game told me (or implied, at least) that I could talk to Digby about remodeling the buildings.

What is everyone's honest feelings on Happy Home Designer? Is it worth the $40?
Hard for me to say, since it would depend on if you liked designing rooms (in the other AC games) or not. And if you go into playing the game totally aware that HHD is a spinoff to the other games and not supposed to be a "sequel" to New Leaf  (if that makes sense). Those things are really the "deal breakers" when it comes to this game, imo.
I personally don't regret getting the game (TBH I regret paying $60+ for Super Mario Maker, in comparison), and it gives me an incentive to get all the NPC amiibo cards since they dont show up in the game on their own. But I could see why for some people it isnt worth $40.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal