collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ugh!  (Read 1072 times)

scrub-adub

• Trade Count: (0)
Ugh!
« on: August 10, 2014, 04:54:02 PM »
So i haven't had any new ponies since june and it's really starting to bother me.
I have some sale threads in mind of stuff I want to buy but it's hard to commit because i don't exactly know how much money i have...
My question is do you guys ever have a time where you go without getting ponies for awhile and then feel like you need to buy a ton to make up for it?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Ugh!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:48:52 PM »
So i haven't had any new ponies since june and it's really starting to bother me.
I have some sale threads in mind of stuff I want to buy but it's hard to commit because i don't exactly know how much money i have...
My question is do you guys ever have a time where you go without getting ponies for awhile and then feel like you need to buy a ton to make up for it?

If it's getting to you, you could always just spend a few bucks on a blind bag, a pack of the trading cars, or a basic brushable.

As for myself, I've gotten into the habit of avoiding paying full price whenever possible, so I get all of the stuff I've been wanting in a big haul (well, spread over multiple visits to different stores). It may suck to hold off some purchases for a while, but it sucks even more to jump the gun and buy it right off the bat, only for it to be on sale one or two months later.

scrub-adub

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:50:14 PM »

If it's getting to you, you could always just spend a few bucks on a blind bag, a pack of the trading cars, or a basic brushable.

As for myself, I've gotten into the habit of avoiding paying full price whenever possible, so I get all of the stuff I've been wanting in a big haul (well, spread over multiple visits to different stores). It may suck to hold off some purchases for a while, but it sucks even more to jump the gun and buy it right off the bat, only for it to be on sale one or two months later.

Well im coplaning more about g1s than anything else

Offline unluckyrabbit

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponies have taken over my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »
I went through something similar to this today! I was at the flea market looking for  g1 ponies (I've had very good luck in the past) and had no luck this time.So i ended up buying a few g4 ponies in a store we went to after. X.X
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 08:20:07 PM »
I buy about 2 ponies a year, hehe. ;) That said... how do you not know how much money you have? Sounds frustrating. :huh:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 08:42:14 PM »
I know how you feel...sometimes I try REALLY hard not to look at eBay and only find ponies "in the wild" but it's so hard sometimes! So what I did was I decided to (pretty much) only buy ponies with money I have in PayPal. It isn't linked to a credit card, and it takes FOREVER to transfer funds from my bank account into it or vice versa. It forces me to hesitate and make sure i really want the pony i'm buying, or save up for a real splasher if I want a more expensive Nirvana :)

scrub-adub

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »
I buy about 2 ponies a year, hehe. ;) That said... how do you not know how much money you have? Sounds frustrating. :huh:
Oh...
I don't have access to my bank account only my mom does so she knows

Ack that sounds awful

[post merge ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 12:21:07 PM by hathorcat »

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 10:49:51 PM »
I buyed alot ponies until June, now i havent buyed any after that. I dont mind tough.

:P With some ponies i can wait patinetly.

Thank you :heart:

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 11:55:09 PM »
ah, I know how you feel ;) ... with all the stuff we needed to buy / pay for in the last month, I did not get much new stuff for myself. And it will need a while until were done with it so I doubt I will have money to buy toys for myself. Buuuut... I sometimes buy blind bags and small stuff to keep myself happy. A pony is a pony even if its tiny :)

scrub-adub

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 10:25:49 AM »
ah, I know how you feel ;) ... with all the stuff we needed to buy / pay for in the last month, I did not get much new stuff for myself. And it will need a while until were done with it so I doubt I will have money to buy toys for myself. Buuuut... I sometimes buy blind bags and small stuff to keep myself happy. A pony is a pony even if its tiny :)
True...
Thanks for the support

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 11:45:45 AM »
I do probably 90% of my vintage pony shopping for the year at the Fair every year, and since that's just passed, well I've got awhile ahead of me before I buy again. In the meantime, I play with the ponies I have, cleaning them, organizing my collection, setting up scenes, etc.

Elf

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 12:28:54 PM »
My opinion may not be popular, but pony collecting is not just about buying ponies for me. I seldom purchase anything any more, a couple of ponies a month perhaps, if that. But I still enjoy every moment of being a pony collector. I enjy talking about ponies, learning about ponies, taking care of my collection - it does not have to always be about $$ and the accumulation of numbers of ponies. Sometimes its nice to sit back and just enjoy the basics of the hobby.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 12:45:49 PM »
I agree with hathorcat, I only own three ponies but I mostly enjoy reading about them in the Arena. I only buy the ones I really like, because I can't afford a large collection

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
Don't flame me, but with Digimon's anniverary and the lack of :muffin: Pony merchandise, I've taken a short break from pony collecting

Except for that brushable Sweetie Drops! I WILL have her  ;)
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

flyawayraven

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »
I broke my three year G1 dry spell back in May at the Central CA pony meet. >_> And even then most of the ponies I got were traded for, I think. It's been an issue of the money could be better justified on other things and as much as I love MLP, getting more ponies isn't a priority. :x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal