collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pop! Ponies- show me yours!  (Read 4796 times)

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Pop! Ponies- show me yours!
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2014, 06:18:39 AM »
They are cute in a different way. Just don't do anything for me and my daughter says no on them. I do love seeing others post pictures of them though. :)

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »
I have a student who got 2 Zecoras and 1 Rainbow Dash. We have so much fun playing with those little guys, they are our villains who always try to abduct the other ponies. Next time I should try to take some photos.
I love that fluffy hair! Which pony does it come with?

That sounds hilarious XD The fluffy mane I think belongs to Luna ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

spookysage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 02:52:10 PM »
I picked up Zecora today, since I don't own any Zecora yet! Her little jewelry is super fun - I'm using her bracelet as a tail wrap. Sure one of her earrings flew across the room when I was getting it out of the packaging, but I found it eventually.

The different textures of mane would be pretty fun for a kid. But the visible stitching on the fringed mane bugs me, so I'm using the purple and teal one. Maybe I should get another Zecora to paint up the hard mane in her grey and white. Then I'd have an extra body, but I did have an irresistible urge to make her a Nightmare Night mane and dress...

I actually like it more than I thought, right down to the crosshatch-textured stripes and faux heart-shaped button joints. Even the smaller scale isn't so bad sitting next to a G4 baby pony.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
Awesome pictures everyone :)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
I just got in the playset today and it is so cute!  It also has different options for the doors and windows so you can change them out when ever you want.  I will post pictures later.  :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 09:03:13 PM »
Thanks for the out of package photos, guys! It really helps explain the concept.

I'm not 100% in love with the idea. And if they were a little cheaper, I might have picked them up. I pick up a lot of 'meh' ponies if they are inexpensive enough lol. But at $10 a pop (heh heh) this is too pricey for something I don't feel that strongly about.

I'm not sure why the $10 price tag for a single Pop! pony. They are 1.) smaller than a brushable 2.) plastic seems to be a lower quality than the brushables as well and 3.) yeah there's a couple extra accessories/hair but not a lot

All that I think would add up to a price tag less than $10. *shrug* Maybe it's for novelty's sake?
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 09:33:21 PM »
Thanks for the out of package photos, guys! It really helps explain the concept.

I'm not 100% in love with the idea. And if they were a little cheaper, I might have picked them up. I pick up a lot of 'meh' ponies if they are inexpensive enough lol. But at $10 a pop (heh heh) this is too pricey for something I don't feel that strongly about.

I'm not sure why the $10 price tag for a single Pop! pony. They are 1.) smaller than a brushable 2.) plastic seems to be a lower quality than the brushables as well and 3.) yeah there's a couple extra accessories/hair but not a lot

All that I think would add up to a price tag less than $10. *shrug* Maybe it's for novelty's sake?
Actually the only ones that are supposed to be $10 are the ones that come with a bunch of furniture for the playset. The deluxe singles that come with extra sets of hair are supposed to be $7 and the basic singles that only come with one set of hair are supposed to be $3. However it can vary since when I saw the tags at kmart the basic singles were $5 tho brushables are $7 there.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2014, 03:24:35 AM »
Yeah mine weren't that much. AJ was $4 and Rainbow dash was $6. The plastic is just as good quality, it's just a different type

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2014, 05:02:46 AM »
I got some!!! The rest Im buying in the twin packs or playset things. I LOVE these!!! There's coupons on them too!!! I got $4 OFF any 3 Pop sets! Squeee! The small starter packs are $3.99, the deluxe starter packs are $7.99, and the bigger sets were $10. Am I the only one who thinks they are cheap? Especially since some have coupon stickers on the fronts?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:05:51 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 05:53:59 AM »
I do! I'd pay for them than some of these prices for brushables. These are interactive. Lol

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2014, 06:12:52 AM »
I haven't bought any yet, but I really like them!  As a kid I would have wanted a couple and then I would have begged mom to buy me some felt and fun fur so I could make my own custom manes.  I can see a lot of potential for customization!  I hope people in here post pictures and maybe do some unique designs of their own! 

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2014, 06:37:09 AM »
So it's really just swapping manes and tails? I was hoping you could do heads and legs too. And COME ON! Give us cutie marks on both sides!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2014, 08:38:31 AM »
It would be cool if they had blank flanks and stickers you could choose to use as cutie marks.  Plus blank stickers to make your own!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »
i really like them.
i'm a fan of molded hair, love the shape of the face and just generally think they are cute.
course they aren't brushables, but i will still find a way to customize these. (mwhahahahahah)

i think my niece will like them cuz she likes to dress up the ponies, change their hair. think it gives kids a chance to make their own ponies. kinda like what us adult do for ponysonas, but something more tangible. i think it's a really cute idea, and hope they make more ponies. i just wish they had the ability to make any of the alicorns.
my niece so dreams of all 6 becoming princesses.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »
It would be cool if they had blank flanks and stickers you could choose to use as cutie marks.  Plus blank stickers to make your own!
They come with stickers already but including some wipe off markers (I wonder if the ones that come with the big Design a Pony would work) would have been a neat idea. All you need to do is quickly hit the Cutie Mark with some acetone and it's good to go.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal