collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kokomo toys?  (Read 526 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Kokomo toys?
« on: August 08, 2014, 06:36:37 PM »
Hey all! I traveled to Indianapolis this weekend. I drive through Kokomo, and decided to stop at the toy store. I stopped there once about 3 or 4 years ago. They moved to a much bigger location!

I know someone from the store used to be a member here or a collector, maybe the wife of the owner? Is this still true? Last time I went there were tons of ponies! A huge display case, and a shelf and bins. This time there were only a few.

The prices were a little high for me, but I picked up a nice pink baby ember for $10, yeah a little more than I'd like to pay, but I had my heart set on getting a pony, and she was the only one under $20 that I didn't have. They had a bow tie, baby cuddles, drink and wet baby cuddles, purple and pink ember together, a softie moon dancer with tag, a couple pony wear items with back cards, and a beautiful pink dreams flutter (who I desperately wanted but wouldn't pay the $25 price tag.)

Anyone else ever shop there? It's such a fun store! And is the owner/worked that used to collect still active here or part of the shop?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Sweet Tooth

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Kokomo toys?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2014, 07:15:31 PM »
I've been there! It's such a fun store to visit!

It was a few years ago when I happened to be in the area, so of course It was the old location. Anyway, I never knew they moved and when I went, they had a LOT of stuff! Since they have a new place, I'm sure it's even better. And, now they have more room for their gigantic stock!   :biggrin:

It's great that they have a decent selection of girl toys too (especially ponies), because it seems like every other vintage toy store I've been to only has boy toys.  :|

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 07:55:42 PM »
I've been there! It's such a fun store to visit!

It was a few years ago when I happened to be in the area, so of course It was the old location. Anyway, I never knew they moved and when I went, they had a LOT of stuff! Since they have a new place, I'm sure it's even better. And, now they have more room for their gigantic stock!   :biggrin:

It's great that they have a decent selection of girl toys too (especially ponies), because it seems like every other vintage toy store I've been to only has boy toys.  :|

They only had one tiny section of girl toys. :( most of it was strawberry shortcake and Care Bears.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »
They used to come on the boards to advertise.  If I remember correctly they bought a very large collection after the collector died.  That's when they had all their MIB/MOC.  I got my Boysenberry Pie from them.  They do seem to be over-priced on ponies.  Since then, I don't think they've had much pony-wise.  I check their website once in awhile and never find much. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 04:31:07 AM »
They advertise on craigslist a lot.  I get the impression that they focus more on typical boy toys and as I don't collect those I haven't been too keen to drive down to check them out.  It's about a two hour + drive for me one way.  I'd love to go to a store and see G1 ponies for sale, but those prices seem pretty high to me.  Even at antique malls I can get a better deal.  If I'm ever in Kokomo for some reason I will stop by.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 05:28:46 AM »
To each their own and the pictures of the store you see are awesome. However I have always thought a lot of their prices are higher than I would like to pay and I think there may have been a TS thread or 2 on their ebay account but plenty of people seem to have had good experiences as well. :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 08:43:15 AM »
It does seem like most of these kind of stores really focus on 'boy toys' - there's a really great vintage toy store close to me that only has a tiny selection of 'girls' stuff. I guess people just don't see that there's a market for it. Kokomo is about an hour from me and I've always thought about visiting,  but if their pony selection has dwindled so much and the prices are that high, I think I'll save myself a trip and just keep hunting locally :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:45:47 AM by NoDivision »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal