collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MOC Collectors question  (Read 2070 times)

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: MOC Collectors question
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
I have about 50 or so MIB/MOC and I haven't had any urge to open them. There is just something about seeing them in their boxes. I don't remember ever seeing G1s in the store when I was little so I love seeing them mint and pristine in their boxes. :)

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »
Unless there's serious damage to the card/box I would keep all g1s MOC/MIB. At least if they were mine, I would.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »
I only have two MIB G1s (Rosedust and Sugar Sweet) and I've never felt the urge to open them since I have loose ones :)
My Wish List

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
*glares at MIB Good Weather and gets itchy fingers*

That girl should come live with me. Seriously, lmk if you ever think of selling her. I love Good Weather so much.

See I don't care about accessories at all (unless it's like the Soda Sippin ponies or the Rockin Beats, something like that) and I wouldn't get satisfaction from deboxing at all so I can't relate there. I think they're beautiful in the box with their beautiful artwork.

If I ever track her down loose and complete right down to that elusive little seashell, I shall let you know :) I sell MIB/MOCs as soon as I complete them loose...hence why I have had so many pass though here over the years.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline LadySeashell

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2014, 11:59:01 AM »
I own quite a few MIB/Moc ponies, and have had the urge to open up a couple of my greeks, but have resisted.

I do have to admit that I did open up one, but I don't feel it is an official open, as when I had MOC greek sunbeam arrived to me her bubble was 3/4 off and I could just take her out without any effort. The bubble was that loose. She now lives loose with my other loose greeks ( bought loose) happily loved and adored

**Lady seashell**

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »
I have two MOCs G1s. I never felt the urge either to open them. I have them both also loose.  I do feel that since I am a collector of ponies I should try to preserve the history of them too. Though new ponies like G3 or G4 I do like to open if that makes sense.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
No, never really had an urge to open MOC G1s.  The nostalgic feeling of opening a pony from the 80s like I did when I was a child, getting the new plastic smell and all of that, would be AWESOME but incredibly short-lived.  I can get pretty much the same feeling from looking at my MOC G1s and opening my cabinet doors- get a good whiff of pony plastic!  I also get that feeling when I get a new loose pony in the mail so I think it is a waste to open a carded one.

QFT.  I don't have the MOC's you do but the ones I do have I don't have the desire to open.  I have a Milky Way I'm having to think about though, because she's leaking plasticizer and while I worry about it damaging her, I'm more worried about it damaging her card, which is why I bought that one in the first place. 

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2014, 01:42:47 PM »
I have a Milky Way I'm having to think about though, because she's leaking plasticizer and while I worry about it damaging her, I'm more worried about it damaging her card, which is why I bought that one in the first place.

I have the same issue with mine unfortunately.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 02:28:05 PM »
I've had MOCs and I've never had the urge to open them, except playsets because otherwise all you can see is the box.

But with MOCs, it takes me back to seeing all the ponies in the store, hanging on pegs.

When I was first starting to collect, before I even knew there were other collectors on the internet, my sister bought three MOC Baby Rainbow ponies for me.  (This was not too long after they were gone from stores--a couple years.)  I opened them.  Kept the accessories and the backcards and all that.  But now I look back at that with regret.  I have kept the three babies carefully over the years--never played with, kept in display cabinets, etc.  Nonetheless, they have gathered little bits of dust, dirty marks on the undersides of their hooves, and their hair never laid on their necks the same after the first time I brushed it.  They're "just ordinary" ponies now;  in good condition, yeah, but they've lost that specialness they had.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »

My MOC Milky Way is leaking plasticizer too! How funny that three of us are having this happen at the same time with the same pony.  She's the only MOC in my collection doing this atm.

Offline nessy_86

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2014, 04:36:56 PM »

My MOC Milky Way is leaking plasticizer too! How funny that three of us are having this happen at the same time with the same pony.  She's the only MOC in my collection doing this atm.

I talked to Sunshine and I think she said hers was doing the same thing. So strange! She is the only one in my collection with that issue too.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2014, 04:40:20 PM »
I only have a few moc's. I've had no urge to "set them free." There's less moc ponies then loose so I believe in preserving them.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »
I have never felt the urge. I think MOC ponies are something really rare and extraordinary and once they're taken out they're just ponies like you can get all over Ebay, no big deal anymore. I couldn't deal with stripping away that rarity and importance...

Pretty much this!  I like my MOC ponies to stay that way. Pristine, perfect and rare!  Not to mention the value lost when they are decarded. Decarding has always struck me as foolish. =/

Ditto!
I have NEVER de-carded any pony regardless of the backcard curl/tear/gubbiness!
MOC is just a special thing for me......I try and buy good looking ones and that is the way they stay!!   :lovey:

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 05:01:46 PM »

Mine too!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 11:03:15 PM »
I don't collect moc, but I think they are lovely!

I've decard twice as a collector. Once a baby leaper because I was stupid. But it felt amazing and it was fun. And the second time was an Argie. It was back when the argies first surfaced in mass. Collectors were advising others to decard their argies because they packaging was staining them or something. :(
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal