collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Trying to identify my childhood Rudolph toy?  (Read 525 times)

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Trying to identify my childhood Rudolph toy?
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:42:28 AM »
When I was little, sometime around 1990-1993, I got one of my favorite toys for Christmas- a stuffed reindeer whose name was not Rudolph to me, but Moose. He looked more like a moose!  :lol:

And Moose was really cool too. He had this really dopey expression on his face with a wide smile sewn on with black thread, plastic half-opened eyes, and antlers that drooped rather than stood up straight. They also had a specific shape to them... kind of clover-like. Moose's face was very round, but his body was kind of square, and his feet were more triangular, with rounded tips.

Moose's most identifiable feature was his glowing red nose and his ability to play the song Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer when you squeezed his tail, which had a red musical note embroidered on it. When I was little though, we had a horrible electrical storm which was setting him off and freaking out my little toddler mind, so instead of just taking out the batteries, my very smart parents took wire cutters and cut the mechanism out entirely. So I honestly couldn't tell you about what his song really sounded like, just that I only have very vague memories of him working.  :lol: His battery pack, actually, was a zipper on the bottom of his belly, and I used to hide money in there when I was a teenager.

Does this guy sound familiar to anyone out there? I'd really like to track down who he is because I'm having a conversation with someone who might or might not have had the same "Moose." He's a very special toy to me so I still have him, just that I don't have access to him at the moment and can't grab a picture.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Trying to identify my childhood Rudolph toy?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:15:46 AM »
He sounds adorable! I wish you luck figuring out what he is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 03:13:55 AM »
I saw an older rudolph at a rummage sale this weekend and had to come check back at the description. Not him. The one I saw had a glowing nose, button on tail, and zippered belly, but the rest is wrong. I was gonna pick him up today since it is free day at the sale and take a pic.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 08:47:22 AM »
That doesn't sound like mine, no.

Best of luck <3

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 08:48:37 AM »
Thank you, HavACrumpet! I appreciate you going out of your way to get photos for me. That's very nice- thank you! :hug:

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
Unfortunately it was gone. All of the stuffed animals weren't there today. Its a church picnic sale so I think they set aside stuffies sometimes for prizes in their games. I don't see anybody buying up an entire huge bin of stuffies, especially the older ones. I don't think it was the one you describe though. No musical note on the tail.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 01:05:22 PM »
I still appreciate the effort. :hug:

I might have a chance to get to the shed tomorrow, so I might have a pic sooner than I thought!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal