collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Tumblr  (Read 1737 times)

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Tumblr
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »
Not at all! I have seen plenty of original art on tumblr! Admittedly, since tumblr is very fandom oriented, fanart tends to be promoted a lot. But there also loads of artists who do original work and get great exposure on tumblr!

Offline systemcat

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 05:28:55 PM »
How? After I was told how to add tags, I proceeded to do so. Nothing yet has changed, unless those tags are highly unpopular. Something I have a hard time believing in the case of some fan art posted.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 06:07:32 PM »
Not necessarily. Link us to your tumblr?

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 06:17:52 PM »
i have about 4 different blogs
1 "core" blog  its mostly random  stuff i like to reblog as well as  having  links to all my other blogs and  DA and FA accounts , with a section for  infomation on my art commissions and   how to pay  *(  ive gotten all of my art commission thru tumblr  dispite my price list being  on DA!)

1 blog is just for reptile stuff and to promote my self as a python breeder

another blog  for   my toy collection and custom ponies  / figures

and the last blog
the one i put most into  is  a story /rp , with lots of my own art blog.
its a "high impact"  horror blog.   this blog   all tho not to every one's taste  is a bit of a show case of  my art and story telling  is like,     

basicly   tumblr can be what ever you want it to be , but you  have to put in  the effort  to make it so.
my  "hub" blog at first glance is a very random mess of   fandoms, animal photos and  my personal text posts,
the other "side" blogs are more topic specific.

don't give up on it just yet,   it can take a few months to gain the follower base  you might be looking for,
commissions and exposure can get hard to get no matter what site your on     

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 01:47:33 PM »
I love tumblr, and see quite a lot of original art on there too. I second everyone's suggestions of using tags. Maybe try tagging the equipment you used to make the piece? People might be searching for inspiration on what they can do with a bamboo tablet for example. I guess you could also tag the main colours/moods used in the piece too as lots of people have colour coded blogs or focus on a certain atmosphere (hope that makes sense :s)
 Hmmm... other than that I guess the best thing to do is search the tags and find other people's blogs that you like to follow, that would increase the chance that they check out your work, reblog it and thus expose it to more people. You have to be patient in the beginning when waiting to get followers, but I personally find tumblr really addictive ^^

S.o.a.r.

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2014, 11:05:32 PM »
I don't have a Tumblr account and not planning on getting one but I looove all the Tumblr pictures! :D

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 12:30:36 AM »
Ah, I love tumblr.

I've got three main ones - my main one which is for well, pretty things I find so I can look at it when I feel down, a humour/cute animal ones that I fill with funny posts and animal pics I find, and a gaming one where I write about my gaming experiences.

I think you can safely assume which two are more popular.

I also have minor project ones because it's like having a blog but it's connected to all these other blogs so I can post what's relevant that I've created, and also what's relevant that's elsewhere on the site! Like one I keep solely to keep reference pictures for characters and writing I'm working on. No one follows it, I don't even tell people the name but every once in a while it goes into huge activity when I post a bunch of people with vitiligo, or Cykeem White, or akhal tekes and I can sort it by tag and I can post to it rapidly with a few clicks so it's a pretty nice deal, truth be told.

All of my tumblrs are really for me. It's always weird when they get followers - especially followers I have never met.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »
My only blog at the moment is primarily a fandom blog, but I've been considering starting a side for MLP related things. Just have to figure out a URL...
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2014, 01:06:15 PM »
My only blog at the moment is primarily a fandom blog, but I've been considering starting a side for MLP related things. Just have to figure out a URL...
There are so many old gen pony names (don't even bother with g4, everyone has g4 URLs) I'm sure you'll find something!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »
I am following some of you now. :) I have some pony-related things here.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »
I have a main blog, which is Scraleos, and a pony photography blog, mylittleponyselfies, which I probably should update...

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal