collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moc/carded mail orders?  (Read 968 times)

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Moc/carded mail orders?
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:00:54 AM »
So over in the "which ponies were released only in North American thread, we were talking about moc/carded mail orders and party pack ponies that were sold internationally. It got me thinking that I've never seen any of these! I've seen the mip with cards on top tux n tails, birth flowers and such, but never a moc mail order or say pillow talk from the slumber party set.

Does anyone know of which mail orders or party packs that were released moc? Or better yet, anyone have any pictures?

Also what other peculiar moc, mip ponies are out there? Like I said, I've seen the ponies in bags with cards on top, mostly tux and tails, birth flowers, happy tails, and princess ponies. Also the moc double baby ponies. Anything else?
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Moc/carded mail orders?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 05:38:56 AM »
The MOC double baby set is a South African release. We also got a handful of the playset ponies on cards - the only ones I know of that people have owned are Sprinkles, Baby Cuddles and TAF Fifi. There were probably more but I dont recall anyone ever coming across them or being able to confirm them. As for the MOs when they were released as non mail order they are always in the plastic with the little card at the top - a lot of them have been found that way - Tux, CPs, Satin n Lace, Playset MOs, Birthflowers. Thats also how ponies like Best Wishes, Baby Nightcap and Party Time have popped up - not on cards but in the little bags. They were also offered MO in some countries where they where simply sold in a large plastic package [as per most MOs] in individual plastic bags.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 05:52:22 AM »
In around 1994 I bought the following ponies on card in Denmark: Minty, Cotton Candy, Pillow Talk, Star hopper and Twinkler. Apart from PT they were all mail order versions. They were on a traditional card (I think with the collector ponies) and each were bundled with a set from the pony packs.
It was in a supermarket called Føtex and although it was clearly an end of line, clear out thing they were definitely packaged "properly"
I always regret not getting pics, but I am 100% certain of this as it is what got me back into collecting and I still have the ponies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:09:31 AM »
Oh I should note, in comparison to the traditional cards that Sebby mentioned, the playset ponies that I have seen and know of on cards were not on MLP traditional cards but slightly smaller cards with just the MLP logo, playset name and a solid blue or light green background. 
Loa is my love god!

Offline Gizmo

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 05:16:27 PM »
They were on a traditional card (I think with the collector ponies) and each were bundled with a set from the pony packs.

This is very interesting! So they came with shoes/brushes/accessories from the pony packs and the art was similar to the one below?

I'm very intrigued by this!

Oh I should note, in comparison to the traditional cards that Sebby mentioned, the playset ponies that I have seen and know of on cards were not on MLP traditional cards but slightly smaller cards with just the MLP logo, playset name and a solid blue or light green background. 

Wish there were pictures of those too! Do you remember if they came with any accessories?

I vaguely remember back in the late 90s or early 2000s there was an old stock clearance in New York and people found G1s in plastic with the little card on top - anyone else recalls this?

Offline Mermaid

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 07:16:37 PM »
Gizmo I remember people finding the old stock! Also people finding play sets at tru and sparkle babies at white elephant!

I also would love to see a moc pillow talk!

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 07:36:47 PM »
I have a Tux in MIP with the card on top... I can take pics if it would help. :)

Offline Mermaid

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 11:41:18 PM »
I would love to see that slug! Is there anything on the back of the card top?

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 02:37:13 AM »
I remember when I was about 9 (mid 90s) me & my mum were out shopping and we were in some sort of discount store where they sold ponies in bags like this (I also have Lily of the Valley):

They were all 50p each and there was a complete wall full of them, I was fascinated by Pink Dreams as I had never seen her before in my pony annuals/books & I also remember spotting Snookums and thought it was odd she was sold separately as I knew she was a twin as they were one of my childhood ponies. I wish I could remember all the other ponies that day!

Babydoll~

Offline Mermaid

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 03:34:04 AM »
Thanks for the pic and memories babydoll!

By chance does the bag have anything on it other than the my little pony logo? Does or have a year, trademark, or hasbro on it anywhere?

Offline Babydoll

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • ★ Instagram Babydoll84uk (Pics of my collection) ★
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 03:49:25 AM »
Here's a pic of the back ;)

Babydoll~

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 03:53:33 AM »
They were on a traditional card (I think with the collector ponies) and each were bundled with a set from the pony packs.

This is very interesting! So they came with shoes/brushes/accessories from the pony packs and the art was similar to the one below?

Yes and no :) The pony was on a card as shown and the pony wear pack was taped to the back so you got them as a bundle. It cost $2 lol
I still kick myself for not just buying them all.

Years later that same shop had all the HTF G2 twins for the same sort of price and all I bought was one of each. You'd think I'd learned!

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 02:41:28 PM »
Kingsley Paige were a ex-stock importer. They purchased end of line items and resold them. I remember getting that information from a Star Wars collector years and years ago. :) They bought from companies like Hasbro, Kenner [pre Hasbro] and Mattel, repacked [or in some cases just restickered packaging] and then resold on to retailers.

Wish there were pictures of those too! Do you remember if they came with any accessories?

I vaguely remember back in the late 90s or early 2000s there was an old stock clearance in New York and people found G1s in plastic with the little card on top - anyone else recalls this?

I do have a picture of the Waterfall set saved but its not mine to share unfortunately. I am happy to pm it? The Baby Cuddles I might have a scan off on my old hard drive, I need to dig all my old scans out [oh the days of pre digital cameras :P].
Loa is my love god!

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »
The MOC double baby set is a South African release.

Are there any photos of this? I would give non-vital parts of my body to have a look!

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 05:21:29 PM »
I can give a pint of blood to this request.  Partially I wanna see too, and partially to prevent Raven having unneeded surgery.  ;)
:socks:   :frog:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal