collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Last night somebody picked a fight with me for wearing an MLP shirt!  (Read 3153 times)

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
Re: Last night somebody picked a fight with me for wearing an MLP shirt!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2014, 01:13:26 PM »
REMOVED FOR IGNORING MOD WARNING AND FOR BACK SEAT MODDING
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:30:20 AM by hathorcat »

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2014, 01:24:25 PM »
Bully is just jealous 'cause you ROCKED that SB shirt.  Simple fact...  :socks:
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Tinks

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 01:36:34 PM »
What a meanie. So sorry you have been victim of a bully. Some people are just so narrow minded at time, jeez if everyone was the same the world would be such a dull place. Take no notice of bullies as they only do it for a reaction and it's usually because they want the attention because they are suffering themselves in some form. Just always smile, walk away, why would you let this spoil your day, you've done nothing wrong.
Carry on brony! Whoop!
Xxxx
802 and counting........

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2014, 01:44:17 PM »
Yeesh. I don't understand judging people at all. Be proud in your Broniness (or your love of MLP, whether you call yourself a Brony or find it an insulting term...whatever) call yourself Mud! I don't care for groups latching onto words and phrases as "theirs" either. It doesn't matter what term you use...never hide who you are! You are wonderful, individual, sensitive, and caring...those are traits I love in anyone despite their sexuality, sex, color, creed or whatever.
There are traits that everyone should share, and love and tolerance are two of them. Dude had neither, so just recognize it in him, ad try not to be that way toward anyone else :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »
how pathetic for that person, that they hafta pick on someone just to feel better about themselves. my advice to you is, don't take it to heart, but depending on your area, maybe keep a little extra protection just in case.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 04:09:07 AM »
DO NOT change who you are because of close-minded bullies! What an absolute *******!! I'm glad you stuck up for yourself but you shouldn't have to. I loathe bullies. Hugs to you x

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 04:22:35 AM »
When someone starts a fight with you over a shirt you are wearing, it says more about them than it does about you.  They probably wanted a fight and were just looking for an excuse to have one.  I'm glad you aren't letting their issues change your style and that you gave as good as you got.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 05:40:27 AM »
That person sounds like a huge, childish loser. I wear a "I Sweat with Richard Simmons" t-shirt a lot, so who am I to pick on anyone else's shirts? :lol:

Seriously, though, who would do something like that? If someone doesn't like your clothing, they can certainly turn their head and walk away. There's no law that says they have to look at your shirt. Keep wearing it if you like it. That's why you bought it, right? :)

Offline Charmypony

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »
Thaïs person was looking for a fight, if you has a star wars tshirt eh would say that star wars was a bad movie,if you had a tshirt with vampire hé would say it´s stupid and so on.... Sometimes you can "win", when someone is stupid, that's there problem.

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2014, 09:20:46 PM »
I think we've all had thoughts at one time or another where we look at someone and THINK, "Ugh...why are they wearing THAT?"  It takes a ridiculous and foolish person, however, to VOCALIZE those thoughts over something so absurd.  If some immature guy wants to make fun of you for wearing what YOU like, he clearly has issues - not you.  No one is forcing HIM to wear the shirt, so why should he care?  Some people clearly don't have enough to worry about if they feel it's justified to pick on someone for something as stupid as a My Little Pony shirt.  He should be ashamed of himself.  If you want to wear that shirt, wear that shirt!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2014, 09:34:03 PM »
Anyone who picks on someone for clothing isn't someone who is worth of even a second thought. They're too petty. Just shrug and feel bad that they aren't as open minded as you and brave enough to show their interests to the world.

Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
I wear a "I Sweat with Richard Simmons" t-shirt a lot, so who am I to pick on anyone else's shirts? :lol:

I.NEED.THAT.SHIRT! 

I wear a lot of Star Trek shirts  (before the recent movies and ST got cool, again) and although I've had a few people snicker or tell me TO MY FACE that I'm a nerd and not in the fun sense, I get a lot more positive comments, smiles, and Vulcan greetings.  Don't let a few bad eggs spoil your harmless fun.  A good question to ask (if it's a safe place to do so), is "Why do you care?" or "Do my wardrobe choices REALLY have that much of an impact on your life?"  and then walk away!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2014, 02:21:46 PM »
I wear a "I Sweat with Richard Simmons" t-shirt a lot, so who am I to pick on anyone else's shirts? :lol:

I.NEED.THAT.SHIRT!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm wearing it right now. :biggrin:
http://www.richardsimmons.com/site/official-store/t-shirts

GummiPony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 03:57:21 PM »
It happens and its not because of what you like or that you're Gay. People are just idiots sometimes. You get to a age where you don't care what someone thinks about you, says about you or if they like you or not. Really, just put your tough skin on and don't give them you're attention. Someone people can't resist the urge to voice their opinions when they really shouldn't.

You can do one of two things, move away from them or remind them that it's your money and you'll buy and wear what you like and it's none of their business. My husband is 33 and wears Ghostbusters, Transformers,Batman,Game of Thrones and Big bang Theory T-shirts. Honestly No one should really care that much about your attire.

[content edit ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:24:27 PM by BeaverCat »

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2014, 12:26:44 PM »
I can relate somawhat so some of these stories..

For axzample just today I wore a mlp jacket out went to the diner down the street. All fine and good we go into the dinner and at a lady the regaster is eying my boyfriend flurting, I just shrug it off. She looks at me with a look of like disapointment and uncomfortableness untill she read my jacket then she gived me a look like 'really? Stupid imature' belittleing look. but still I shrug it off and smile.

Why well I can already tell she dosen't look happy, she is probly looking for a someone and flirts for atenchen. And jelousy beacuse I am with someone she is atracted to. Just unhappy other wise she woulden't be acting like that.

So yeah I am kinda miffed but it I am only human, I don't give people like that the time of day. I act like it isen't happening at all. people look for a reaction a rise from people.

People like gosip, they get bored, they don't know anyother way to get excited other than drama sometimes, or to be little people beacuse of making them selves feel better.

So back tracking here when she looked at like ' really? Stupid imature'. She was looking for a flaw in me beacuse she feels insacure.

So anyway my story isen't important it's just how you deal with things that can actuelly make an impact in your life and others. And I am not saying this at you but as anyone why reads this I just want them to know that controle of a situataion is at out finger tips, walking away dosen't mean your week and you can fight for what you belive in without saying anything at all. True stranth comes from the heart not the mouth. And standing up dosen't even make a sound. So don't give them even the time of day and don't let it get to you and it will be forgotten. In ten years it won't matter.. Even tomorrow it won't.

Like I didn't even rember what happned this morning untill I saw your topic :P
I brushed it off so.

No need for packing your things away. That's YOU and what you like. Show the world YOU beacuse without YOU being YOU the world is boring and dull and all the same. Show off what you got and be a once in a lifetime person beacuse there will never be another YOU!

Please don't take ofence to what I said if it came off wrong in anyway that's not how it meant. I am into motavation and bringing people up. :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:31:20 PM by NamineEveningLight »
:accomplished:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal