collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Would you be interested in participating in an Anime themed swap?

No, thank you.
8 (19%)
Maybe
15 (35.7%)
Yes!
19 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Anime Swap (complete)  (Read 23218 times)

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
Re: Anime Swap (sign-ups)
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2014, 11:04:25 AM »
I like that idea :) Can we kick off the festivities early? Because I was wondering which anime series got everyone hooked? The first I ever heard of anime was on the old Toonami block on Cartoon network, so I got sucked in by Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, and Dragonball Z all in one sitting XD

I was sucked in by Toonami as well. For me it was Sailor Moon. I fell in love with that show very quickly and I still love it to this day. I am loving the new series too.

Although eventually I learned that I had actually loved anime as a very young child, I just didn't know it back then. My first anime was Unico, I loved Unico when I was growing up. I would watch those movies over and over. Back then I was too young to know that it was anime or even what anime was, but I knew I liked it! I also loved the movie Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland when I was a child, which I later learned was anime. And just recently I found out that a lot of the shows I loved as a child (The Littl' Bits, Adventures of the Little Koala, Noozles) were anime too!

~Jennifer
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline WaePonies

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »
I am very curious as to what other people have on their lists....

Same ^.^ We could all talk about anime once we get started ^.^ Might end up being helpful for more ideas ^.^

xoxo

I like that idea :) Can we kick off the festivities early? Because I was wondering which anime series got everyone hooked? The first I ever heard of anime was on the old Toonami block on Cartoon network, so I got sucked in by Ronin Warriors, Gundam Wing, Sailor Moon, and Dragonball Z all in one sitting XD

I loved Toonami XD and FoxKids before it was called that (I forget its name lol ) I loved Sailor Moon but completely forgot it on my list :O How did that happen :O
I grow up with Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Gundam Wing and Dragonball Z ^.^ Those most of these arent on my list lol

What is everyones current fav anime or what are you currently watching?

xoxo

Offline rarity91

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2014, 11:36:13 AM »
I am very curious as to what other people have on their lists....

Same ^.^ We could all talk about anime once we get started ^.^ Might end up being helpful for more ideas ^.^

xoxo

I loved Toonami XD and FoxKids before it was called that (I forget its name lol ) I loved Sailor Moon but completely forgot it on my list :O How did that happen :O
I grow up with Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Gundam Wing and Dragonball Z ^.^ Those most of these arent on my list lol

xoxo
Currently I've been watching Fairy Tale :P I haven't watched Sailor Moon yet but it's on my list since it's on Hulu now :)

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2014, 12:28:07 PM »

I love the magical girl genre of anime. The only current anime I am watching is the new Sailor Moon series. But I have been watching a bunch of older anime series on Hulu, Netflix, Cruncyroll, etc. Lately I have been watching Magic Knight Rayearth, Mermaid Melody, Tokyo Mew Mew, Shugo Chara, and Angelic Layer.

~Jennifer

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
I love how many people remember Toonami. Good times those lol. And do'h! How could I forget Cardcaptors on my list! XD I still love that one to this day.

As of right now I just finished up Spice & Wolf (I'm pretty sure that Holo is my spirit animal. She's so delightfully snarky) and I've started watching Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit. My mom and I have also kept a tradition of 'anime night' going since I was in high school, so on Friday nights I visit her and we've been watching Kyo Kara Maoh, and we just finished up Tiger & Bunny.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline RedLynx

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 04:53:18 PM »
A certain someone has nudged me this way...so I'm working on an app! :D  I'm having a REALLY hard time narrowing a list down to 5, though. X.x  So much anime, so little time!

Offline tsukikakushi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2014, 05:08:34 PM »
I love how many people remember Toonami. Good times those lol.

Toonami was how I got my anime fix all through high school! Though my anime beginnings were a little less, um, sophisticated you might say? :P Pokemon, Monster Rancher, & Cardcaptors were the main ones when I was younger. Then Toonami introduced me to Ronin Warriors, Gundam, Tenchi Muyo, and of course my all time favorite; Outlaw Star. I kinda fell off the anime wagon after high school, as I had moved & had no internet or anything for a few years. I've been slowly getting back into it now that we have Netflix. >_< Not currently watching anything right at the moment, but I just finished re-watching Slayers not too long ago. Plus whatever Miyazaki I can get my hands on at the local movie store <3
Wishlist:http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350943.new.html#new

Currently looking for FF Minty. Let me know if you have her for sale!  :newpony:

Offline WaePonies

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »

Toonami was how I got my anime fix all through high school! Though my anime beginnings were a little less, um, sophisticated you might say? :P Pokemon, Monster Rancher, & Cardcaptors were the main ones when I was younger. Then Toonami introduced me to Ronin Warriors, Gundam, Tenchi Muyo, and of course my all time favorite; Outlaw Star. I kinda fell off the anime wagon after high school, as I had moved & had no internet or anything for a few years. I've been slowly getting back into it now that we have Netflix. >_< Not currently watching anything right at the moment, but I just finished re-watching Slayers not too long ago. Plus whatever Miyazaki I can get my hands on at the local movie store <3

Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Tenchi, Outlaw star <3 Love all of these ^.^ Completely forgot about them for my list lol :P But the upside is that it made it easier to sorted it down to 5 lol :P

I'm currently introducing some friends to anime ^.^ so I'm in the middle of: One Piece, Naruto Shippuden, Tsubasa, Tenchi, DN Angel, Souleater(for the third time), D. Gray-man and Negima! ^.^

xoxo

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »
Plus whatever Miyazaki I can get my hands on at the local movie store <3

Oh yes, I love Miyazaki's films! I have quite a collection of them. :P My favorites are Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle. But honestly I love them all!

~Jennifer

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
I think the first anime I ever watched was a few episodes of Trigun (later I got to see the whole series!), then Iria:Zeiram the Animation, then Princess Mononoke.  Ha, kind of a random assortment...

Lately I've been re-watching Tiger and Bunny for like the 3rd...or 4th? time.  And periodic re-viewing of Miyazaki movies :)  I also started a series called Byrnhildr which is pretty interesting and has the best intro music  :cool:
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2014, 06:47:07 PM »

Toonami was how I got my anime fix all through high school! Though my anime beginnings were a little less, um, sophisticated you might say? :P Pokemon, Monster Rancher, & Cardcaptors were the main ones when I was younger. Then Toonami introduced me to Ronin Warriors, Gundam, Tenchi Muyo, and of course my all time favorite; Outlaw Star

Pokemon, Monster Rancher, Tenchi, Outlaw star <3 Love all of these ^.^ Completely forgot about them for my list lol :P But the upside is that it made it easier to sorted it down to 5 lol :P

People who know what Monster Rancher is!  :frolic: Everyone I have ever talked to always has no idea what it is. It was actually one of the ones that made my list as a series :D (mostly because when I tried to list a favorite character out of it... there were just too many lol) Outlaw Star is also one of my favorites. It has such a great story line and character designs and I have watched it frequently over the years.

Lately I've been re-watching Tiger and Bunny for like the 3rd...or 4th? time.  And periodic re-viewing of Miyazaki movies :)  I also started a series called Byrnhildr which is pretty interesting and has the best intro music  :cool:

Tiger & Bunny is one of those series I think would be easy to watch over and over again. There isn't anything about the series I didn't like and I am dying for a season 2 if they do it as good as season 1. I would also REALLY like The Rising to get some subs and show up on Hulu or something lol. I've managed to avoid spoilers for it and I want to see the thing already!

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline WaePonies

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »
Plus whatever Miyazaki I can get my hands on at the local movie store <3

Oh yes, I love Miyazaki's films! I have quite a collection of them. :P My favorites are Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle. But honestly I love them all!

~Jennifer

I didnt think of including movies :O That may be a whole other swap tho lol :P
xoxo

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2014, 07:03:46 PM »
*shows monster rancher love* pixie and tiger forever! =P

Im not sure which was my first anime... Didn't have cable or internet growing up so I just had the occasional sailor moon/cardcaptor sakura when it was on regular TV, and after that... Pokemon, monster rancher, digimon, and all the American clones of those shows. But I can't honestly say if those were my first. I remember hoarding all the loose change in the house then making the mile walk to the Planet Video (then Blockbuster when they bought out PV ) and counting out pennies on the counter for any and all used anime vhs tapes they had... Yep.. I was THAT GUY.

So I got a lot of random exposure that way, most were duds but had a few keepers... Lodoss war, blue seed, evangelion...

But now that I have Netflix and the intrawebs... I've been dabbling in all kinds, trying to catch up with all I've missed. Off the top of my head, loved darker than black, mushi -shi, hellgirl, fruits basket, wolfs rain, elfen lied, paranoia agent...the list goes on and on. And that's not even counting my faves =)

Welcome to the thread Lynx! Good thing someone's been bullying you to get hoppin before you miss out on EPICNESS!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2014, 12:02:26 AM »
Because I was wondering which anime series got everyone hooked?

Oddly enough, I hated it when CN had toonami, I think this was back in the late 90's early 00's. Right about when I was graduating high school/early collage years. Pokemon had just started to get popular right about when I was 18 or so. I couldn't stand the overly huge eyes and old school animation so I refused to watch toonami. My boyfriend is into it But his tastes are the total opposite of mine. He loves sci fi/giant robots and weird stuff that makes no sense. Through him I have seen revolutionary girl utena and neon genisis evangelleon (both of which I though were blah).

A few years later I was working at grand canyon national park and there is nothing to do when the sun goes down. I have a netflix account but this was before they had all the stuff for streaming and you almost always had to get the DVD's via mail. They recommended Rurouni Kenshin so I decided to give it a try. I watched it and I actually liked it. After several disks via mail, I figured it would be less of a hassle to just buy the whole series off ebay since its 95 episodes. I think Inuyasha was the next series I bought and some random one called Rune Soldier.

Ironically, my 2 fav anime's were on toonami.

Favorite Anime? Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho.
Currently Watching? Soul Eater via Netflix. I haven't logged in, in over a month. I hope they still have soul eater.

I like the one's with supernatural beings like Inuyasha,  Nura: Rise of the yoki clan and Bleach.

Pokemon too but I bet you wouldn't of been able to guess that on your own  :P

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2014, 07:51:36 AM »
As to starting early, I am waiting on a few people who are currently away, but should be back before the proposed deadline.  So even though I'd love to.  I'm waiting.  I do already have some ideas about pairing though. he he he

I just finished soul eater again and started Trigun.  It's like old school graphics but so far it's not too bad. ^^
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal