collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Private seller has sent me.... something dented?!  (Read 460 times)

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
Private seller has sent me.... something dented?!
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:20:51 AM »
I've contacted a representative, and we've taken the correct procedure now.

Basically, I ordered a copy of Zelda 3DS in 'Like New' condition from a private seller on a well known website, and today it's arrived, the parcel was torn open, were it not for the internal bubblewrap that is part of the parcel, it would have gone missing, and the box is completely dented, the vinyl is punctured, and the coverart is torn a little at the bottom. As for the game, I don't know if it works since I don't have my 3DS yet. Overall, not very happy, as cosmetically, I was informed it was like new. This website is, as I said, well known, and they have procedures for dealing with this, so shall I go down this route? I've left them feedback already, 3 stars and explained why. But should I press for a partial refund or something? I don't really know, I wanted a cosmetically perfect copy, especially since I paid £25 for it (an entire month worth of pocketmoney for me)

Icey.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:29:21 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Re: Private seller has sent me.... something dented?!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 04:30:31 AM »
Yes do that. It's not like the damage is minimal and can go unnoticed, it's very obvious and not what you paid for.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 04:33:59 AM »
Thank you! I contacted the agent, and they've contacted them for (not that I wasn't capable, I didn't ask them to, but they went ahead anyway) so if I don't' hear from them, I open a case and can be fully reimbursed. I know, I could've got a mint one on another website for £15, but no, I went to this place for £25 because I thought it'd be a 'safer' and 'better bet' :huh:

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 04:36:33 AM »
That's a pain! I hope you can get some sort of refund anyway  :huh:

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 07:26:45 AM »
They have responded and they're going through RM. Argh, can't they just refund me before, like I do with my customers. Never mind, I'll get a reply soon hopefully.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 07:46:19 AM »
They have responded and they're going through RM. Argh, can't they just refund me before, like I do with my customers. Never mind, I'll get a reply soon hopefully.

While I understand it's from a well known website, the damage is most likely due from the PO mishandling it. Thus them having to go through RM to make a claim. 

If it were me I would ask to return the item for a refund or perhaps see if a replacement can be sent. I wouldn't just expect my seller to refund me because of something the PO did. That's just me though.  Also opening a claim to be reimbursed and then you getting to keep the item is not really a good practice to get into.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 08:11:33 AM »
Also opening a claim to be reimbursed and then you getting to keep the item is not really a good practice to get into.

I was actually told to do so by the agent from the well known website, otherwise, I would not have any intention to do so.

While I understand it's from a well known website, the damage is most likely due from the PO mishandling it. Thus them having to go through RM to make a claim. 

If it were me I would ask to return the item for a refund or perhaps see if a replacement can be sent.

Yes, he has informed me it was caused by RM since it was 'perfect' when he sent it, which is why I'm now being patient, as I understand the situation better.

Unfortunately, this is a private seller and he doesn't have extra copies. I think he will be partially refunding me by the looks of things when RM has replied to him. Since he is good enough to reply with a 'solution' I won't be asking for a full refund as that isn't fair. However, had he not 'replied satisfactorily' or 'not replied within 3 business days' as quoted by the agent, I could've filed a claim and got a full refund according to this agent.

Thanks for the help ^.^

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal